FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Name Severs

Arcath
How do you set these up? casue my site is down till i get this working! how do you get them to work? i need to get the 2 nameserver for frihost to work

i just got my domain changed to www.gamingguildforums.co.uk but it wont work unless the name server are in but i cant find how to do it
dan751
In your DNS control panel you need your domain name to point to either
Quote:
ns1.frihost.net (OR) ns2.frihost.net (OR both)

and in cPanel you need to park your domain name.

This has already been discussed.
modak
I'm assuming that I'll be able to use my free Frihost account to host a website with my own domain name, without any charge ?

By the way when you talk of parking the domain in cPanel, I'm assuming you mean www.<domainname> ?
Sunny
Quote:
I'm assuming that I'll be able to use my free Frihost account to host a website with my own domain name, without any charge

Yes ofcourse! You can Host as many domains you want.

After you add the name servers, go to cpanel and click addon domains. and add your domain. It can take up to 36 hours for your site to start working. (dns propogation)
dan751
Or park them.Wink Addons are to link domain names with subdomains of your account (ex =>www.somedomain.com takes you to subdomain.yourdomain.frihost.net while still showing www.somedomain.com) where as parking www.somedomain.com will take you to yourdomain.frihost.net.

When I registered my domain name, it took no time at all before my site worked with my domain name. But every registration is different, yours might work instantiously or it may not. I think it has to do with the company you regiester your domain with.