FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Disgaea

ovg8
Disgaea is a game for PS2,PS3,PSP and DS. It was officially said to be the best game that nobody played so just asking around if anyone has heard or played it or its spinoff Prinny. If you have whats your favourite part.
j00gotpwnd
I have played the first one on PS2 an PSP. It is a really fun game if you are into strategy RPGs. It's really cool to be able to keep replaying the game and keeping your same team. I believe the level cap is 9999, so you can continue to keep playing and getting stronger. There are also a bunch of different endings as well. It's really worth the money if you are into that sort of game.
QrafTee
Yeah, I like it. I have Disgaea 2 for the PS2 and I beat it. It's quite crazy all-in-all. I've been wanting to get Disgaea 3 for the PS3, but I decided against it because Nippon Icchi took the lazy way out with the third game of the series.

It's still no Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1 and known as The Lion Wars on the PSP), but it's truly a game of its own.
JinTenshi
I don't get the hype for this game really. I played it and I found it just... Boring. That's for me. Perhaps I didn't play far enough into the game to like it, but I honestly didn't find anything in the game that could keep me going. =\
QrafTee
JinTenshi wrote:
I don't get the hype for this game really. I played it and I found it just... Boring. That's for me. Perhaps I didn't play far enough into the game to like it, but I honestly didn't find anything in the game that could keep me going. =\
\
Well do you even like tactical RPGs? If not, I can understand why it can be tedious--especially if you're a hardcore RTS gamer.
JinTenshi
Yea I liked Jeanne D'Arc. But I guess that's the only one I liked... LOL
ovg8
Disgaea 2 dark hero days for psp came out a couple of days days ago its just a remake of cursed memories but what does everyone think about it. You need OFW 5.55 cos CFW for 5.55 hasnt come out.
vaoger
currently playing the disgaes DS.. no very good as expected..
PSP disgaea are much better if compare to DS..
DGreatPronKing
ovg8 wrote:
Disgaea 2 dark hero days for psp came out a couple of days days ago its just a remake of cursed memories but what does everyone think about it. You need OFW 5.55 cos CFW for 5.55 hasnt come out.

I finished this game, and man! You gotta love that Flonne and Laharl. I find the game story amusing. I'd rate it 9/10. ^__^
ovg8
Now you cant acutually play disgaea 2 on psps without OFW 5.55 you just have to decrypt it.
ato784
I have played disgaea and overall the comedy of the entire series has made it excellent, I have not played "prinny I want to be a hero", but i have friends that have and they say that it is awesome. this is not a game series that no one has played, but is a game series that no one talks about.
Nameless
ovg8 wrote:
It was officially said to be the best game that nobody played

[Citation needed.]

QrafTee wrote:
JinTenshi wrote:
Well do you even like tactical RPGs? If not, I can understand why it can be tedious--especially if you're a hardcore RTS gamer.

Oh snap, ad hominem.
ovg8
I said ,said and it was also in Wikipedia. That line wasnt a fact it was more of an assumption.
catscratches
Capcom disagrees with you.
ovg8
meh such is life.
toasterintheoven
ahhh how I remember the month I spent getting drunk and playing Disgaea every single night, I was having so much fun I didn't even beat the game, I was levelled enough to, which isn't saying much, but that just goes to show how much I was enjoying myself
wombatrpgs
I don't know, a game good enough to "grind" at really isn't my idea of a good game if grinding is a great idea... Though drunken RPGs are generally amusing.