FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Notebook PCs

Tony The Tiger
I bought me newest notebook PC in February 2007. It is a Hewlett Packard Pavilion DV9000T. Before that in January 2003 I bought a Dell Inspiron 800. Both of these cost me about $2500. Now I see flyers from dell about $599 Vostro and $729 Latitude notebooks with 3GB or RAM memory and 250 GB of hard drive capacity. Have notebooks really come down that much in price?
sheedatali
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I bought me newest notebook PC in February 2007. It is a Hewlett Packard Pavilion DV9000T. Before that in January 2003 I bought a Dell Inspiron 800. Both of these cost me about $2500. Now I see flyers from dell about $599 Vostro and $729 Latitude notebooks with 3GB or RAM memory and 250 GB of hard drive capacity. Have notebooks really come down that much in price?

Notebooks are very cheap these days, entry level notebooks are available for under 200$. However most of the entry levels are only good to do very simple things i-e browse. Mid level notebooks are pretty good since they are address the needs of majority of users. They start from 400$ and go upto 1200$ or so give and take. It is really worth spending some time doing research on what exactly your requirements are and what sort of requirements you will need your notebook for. Then add about 30% on top of it to make sure you don't have to buy one 2 years down the line again Smile. It is well worth noting that focus is moving away from desktop applications apart from specialized applications which require running natively on platform i-e Games, Video Editing etc etc. So knowing what you are going to use your notebook for makes a lot of difference and saves you lot of money.
the zephyrus
I got that Dell about a year ago for slightly less during a holiday sale. There are discounts out there for similar notebooks for even less. If you're not picky about what you want, there's always one or two super discounted ones out there, and it's just a matter of finding them.
Tony The Tiger
My first laptop (Jan 2003) was a Dell with onsite warranty repair. That was awesome. I never had to give up my computer. My Feb 2007 Hewlett-Packard has a warranty, where I have to return it to California for every problem. I don't like to have to give up my computer and try to time returning it on a Monday, so I only have to give it up for three or four calendar days. I hope to be able to afford onsite warranty service for my next model no matter how cheap it is.
aningbo
m getting an apple macbook pro with 2.26GHz, 160GB HDD, 4GB RAM for about 65K in India.

i think its a pretty good deal here.

a little expensive than in US though.
hunnyhiteshseth
aningbo wrote:
m getting an apple macbook pro with 2.26GHz, 160GB HDD, 4GB RAM for about 65K in India.

i think its a pretty good deal here.

a little expensive than in US though.

Nope, thats not a good deal. You are still paying about 7-10K extra.