FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Looking for a trial registry cleaner!!!

AnnPaterson
Regards to all, this is my first posting and I believe that you will be gentle to me. I am looking for a tool/software that can manage my system registry files. I know that I can get them online but I need to try them before I actually use them so that I can be sure of the results. I have read lot's of reviews and found out that currently, the best registry cleaner on the market is Digeus Registry Cleaner.

Any suggestions????
the zephyrus
Most of the reviews you have read may well be users who are more attracted to the interface and user experience than the actual workings of the product. There are several ways that products try to "clean" the registry, such as deleting references to nonexistent files. Realistically though, this can be risky and the performance gain may or may not be significant. It's very hard to tell what is or isn't being used in the registry, especially for an automated program. If you want my advice, don't bother, you may well do more harm than good.

Disclaimer: I'm a technical person, but this area is not any particular specialty for me.
Fatality
I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I use CCleaner. It allows you to backup the registry before "cleaning" it up. Might be worth looking at.
hunnyhiteshseth
Fatality wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I use CCleaner. It allows you to backup the registry before "cleaning" it up. Might be worth looking at.

Yep true and more over its free!
But if you are not such a technical person then I would suggest you go for TuneUp package.. which contains all the tools needed for monitoring and increasing computer performance. And I guess you also get a 30-day trial of full version, so you can try it and purchase if you like it.
misterXY
Fatality wrote:
\
Me too, ccleaner is awesome.. l had something for xp RegXP er something...
ortphysics
As many of the above suggested, use CCleaner - it's a nice and free utility that does a decent job. Personally, I'm not a big fan of CCleaner. I use Auslogics BoostSpeed 4 which does a better job cleaning your registry, and when I compared both of these programs, BootSpeed found a lot more unused registry entries.
You can download a trial version in Download.com or in any other major download site.
shark123
Download this http://www.softloadz.com/Windows/Utilities/Optimizers-Diagnostics.html
jdelfire
ccleaner man... tested safe and handy... i even use it for deleting virus and spyrwares.... if you know what to do
driftingfe3s
I'll also vouch for CCleaner which has a registry cleaner included. It's free, works well, and the developers are always working to improve it.
LostOverThere
I've got to agree with the two posters above me. CCleaner is magnificant. I highly recommend it.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
nivinjoy
According to me Ccleaner is more than good and i would also like to suggest another best pack called Tweaknow Powerpack 2009. It is a freeware and you can get it at the link below..!!

http://www.tweaknow.com/powerPack.html

Hope this would help you dude..!!
albuferque
I'd recommend Registry Mechanic. With Registry Mechanic you can safely clean, repair and optimize the Windows registry in a more efficient way. The trial is time unlimited and removes problems found in 6 sections of the registry only. A registered version is required to remove all detected problems.
rjraaz
jolin wrote:
Why do we need to clean our pc? People all talking about it, I don't know why , several days ago my friend recommend me a software tuneup360, now I'm waiting for the result.

TuneUp is really very good software as of my personal opinion

i am using it for last 3 years, it is really very good.
weableandbob
I use CCleaner all the time. It's free, fast, and does anything you would need to with the registry.