FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your definition of a perv?

supernova1987a
What is your definition of a pervert?
Denvis
I thought the term 'pervert' only has one universal meaning, I guess not.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pervert

Quote:
a person who practices sexual perversion.
[/url]
lagoon
I think he meant our moral viewpoint, rather than a dictionary definition.
macky
this is what i've got from my reference..

pervert

transitive verb [pər vúrt] (past and past participle per·vert·ed, present participle per·vert·ing, 3rd person present singular per·verts)

1. lead somebody away from good: to lead somebody or something away from what is considered good, normal, moral, or proper
2. misinterpret or distort something: to misinterpret or distort something such as a piece of text
3. use something improperly: to use something incorrectly or improperly
4. debase something: to bring something into a state regarded as morally inferior or reprehensible

noun [púr vůrt] (plural per·verts)
somebody whose sexual behavior is unacceptable: somebody whose sexual behavior is considered unacceptably deviant

[14th century. Via French < Latin pervertere "turn wrong" < vertere "turn"]

so for my conclusion definitely it's more on acting sexual things in mind..
deanhills
Sexually deviant
andysart380
i guess we are all pervs
apple
andy is correct, we are all perverts on some level.
for what is sexually stimulating/pleasing to one is a turn off to another.
Being a person who does not really concern myself with what people do in their bed ALMOST everything is ok for them to do (IMO)
Children is where I draw the line, so if I were to learn that an adult was having intercourse with a child I would be angered by it and certainly call/view that person as a pervert/sexual deviant.
supernova1987a
andysart380 wrote:
i guess we are all pervs

should we stop being it then? or is it natural? should we accept things that are natural?

i think we need to find out an ethical way to address this problem in society. we should not crave for satisfying ourselves but for others, and that is what true love is. if u get a true love, if the society is built that way, then there will be no pervs playing around.
Wink
Jamestf347
this is what i've got from my reference..

pervert

transitive verb [pər vúrt] (past and past participle per·vert·ed, present participle per·vert·ing, 3rd person present singular per·verts)

1. lead somebody away from good: to lead somebody or something away from what is considered good, normal, moral, or proper
2. misinterpret or distort something: to misinterpret or distort something such as a piece of text
4. debase something: to bring something into a state regarded as morally inferior or reprehensible

noun [púr vůrt] (plural per·verts)
somebody whose sexual behavior is unacceptable: somebody whose sexual behavior is considered unacceptably deviant

[14th century. Via French < Latin pervertere "turn wrong" < vertere "turn"]

so for my conclusion definitely it's more on acting sexual things in mind..

I just take it as always thinking of dirty things, to do in "bed" or what ever. That's all it really is the french isn't gonna say its our definition ... but something similiar xD
Da Rossa
Anyone that is morally deviated and 1) is aware of that; 2) is, in a way, proud of that.
foumy6
wow it's har to explain
Afaceinthematrix
supernova1987a wrote:
should we stop being it then? or is it natural? should we accept things that are natural?

Of course it's natural. There's an evolutionary reason why people have a sex drive - it keeps the human race existing. Of course, humans may be too successful at this which has led to overpopulation. But it is quite natural to have a sex drive. It's pretty easy to see the evolutionary benefit of it.
Chinmoy
a pervert should be someone who perves! Am i right?
supernova1987a
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
supernova1987a wrote:

Of course it's natural. There's an evolutionary reason why people have a sex drive - it keeps the human race existing. Of course, humans may be too successful at this which has led to overpopulation. But it is quite natural to have a sex drive. It's pretty easy to see the evolutionary benefit of it.

I completely agree with you. Thats how nature works.
It keeps all the animal races existing.
Also, about overpopulation, I think thats why monogamy, etc is important. Maybe, that was the reason marriage was invented (or maybe not, but our ancestors could have feared overpopulation and decided idea of 'marriage' can help).
azoundria
A quick way to let someone know you're not interested in them?
ponda
supernova1987a wrote:
What is your definition of a pervert?

A person perceived to be a serious deviation from what is considered to be orthodox or normal. Although it can refer to varying forms of deviation, it is most often used to describe sexual behaviors that are seen as abnormal or repulsive. Perversion differs from deviant behavior, since the latter refers to a recognized violation of social rules or norms (although the two terms can apply to the same thing). It is often considered derogatory and in psychological literature the term paraphilia is now used instead, though this term is controversial.
Da Rossa
I have a paraphilia! I like oral sex, for instance. Very Happy But not balloons, of course, whats so funny about them?
mattyj
apple wrote:
Being a person who does not really concern myself with what people do in their bed ALMOST everything is ok for them to do (IMO)
Children is where I draw the line, so if I were to learn that an adult was having intercourse with a child I would be angered by it and certainly call/view that person as a pervert/sexual deviant.

This is my feelings also, what someone does in their own bed is their business and no one elses, whether its "perverted" Or not is none of our business, except where children are involved
zuifengwu
If someone perverts the course of justice, they deliberately do something that will make it difficult to discover who really committed a particular crime, for example, destroying evidence or lying to the police. He was charged with conspiring to pervert the course of justice.
watersoul
apple wrote:

I agree completely, everyone has different sexual urges/fantasy's/turn-off's and moral opinions.

I personally think if 2 (or more!) consenting adults of sound mind want to do something that doesn't harm anyone else, then yep, go for it. It might not be anything close to what I'm into but hey, who am I to say!

...children though, agree again, no question, any adult then is a pervert in my definition, along with anyone who does things to anyone else that doesnt want them to.
airh3ad
Completely different idea and meaning moral opinions, how about maniac our behavior deviates from what is acceptable especially in sexual behavior.
zacky
andysart380
a pervert can be anything...i could think something is hot and somebody else can say "thats gross, your a perv". but i could do that to them at some point..its really all about whos eyes your looking through
gandalfthegrey
Someone who is not honest about who they are &/or what they desire, and who also violate basic manners when it comes to approaching the opposite sex.
imera
For me there is different kind of pervs

My boyfriend is one, but he is one only with me, there are men who are pervs and hitting on every girl they see, even if they are in a relationship. And there are those that goes around and touching everybody thinking it's okay.
babarus
Me?
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
supernova1987a wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
supernova1987a wrote:

I completely agree with you. Thats how nature works.
It keeps all the animal races existing.
Also, about overpopulation, I think thats why monogamy, etc is important. Maybe, that was the reason marriage was invented (or maybe not, but our ancestors could have feared overpopulation and decided idea of 'marriage' can help).

I agree as well but I think people would be less perverted if it wasn't for the media shoveling out sex every chance it gets.
Just because people have sex lives doesn't make them perverted. So I really think it depends who you're asking right? Because everyone has they're own opinion on what is and isn't perverted.

Me for instance. I am very sexually open. So I get called a pervert all the time, then again, maybe I am one lol! Wink
foumy6
96% of guys in 8th to 11th grade
deanhills
foumy6 wrote:
96% of guys in 8th to 11th grade
Laughing Laughing Laughing Well said ..... and of course very true.
dottyfleur1
i recon its a guy or gall who stares at boobs or genitilae and speaks to everbody about the same things and sŁx