FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why you should still read the Sherlock Holmes stories

pscompanies
There's a new Sherlock Holmes movie coming out, directed by Guy Ritchie and co-starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. (There's also a rumored Judd Apatow version staring Will Ferrell possibly in the works.) Who knows if it will be any good or not? But one thing's for sure, the English have a lasting love for this literary figure. In fact, so does most of the world, as he pops up frequently in all kinds of films and television shows and has for many years now. A character with that type of popularity is someone worth reading up on, fictional or not. Also, movies are far more entertaining when you know about their source material. Seeing a Sherlock Holmes movie without reading any of the stories is like going to a concert where you don't know the words to any of the songs. It's not nearly as fun.
j00gotpwnd
My sister got me the complete stories or something, but I haven't gotten around to reading it. I saw that trailer when I saw Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince, and now I will definitely be reading my Sherlock Holmes book before the movie comes out haha.
supernova1987a
SHERLOCK HOLMES is the hero of the times. I used to read his stories when i was a kid. but i dont do it anymore. think i should start reading them again. Wink
kutekitten
My dad owns the complete collection or something close to complete lol, I've read them, they're great because they are witty and entertaining to read, and they keep you on edge.
Radar
Definitely read the source of a movie before going to see it, if you have the time and/or patience. It adds so much more to the experience, and most of the time gives you a real understanding of the characters and the plot, in a much better way than people who haven't.

Feel I do need to go and read some Sherlock Holmes one day. Just to get back to the classics.