FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox not loading some pages

weableandbob
I've recently run into a problem with firefox. For some reason, it's unable to load some pages that it could before, but IE still loads them just fine. It was mainly things like gmail that I didn't use all that often, but today it's spread to the youtube login (it logged me out for some reason as well). I tried reinstalling, but that didn't do anything to help. I had a similar problem about a year ago, right before we formatted our drive and reinstalled windows, which fixed the problem temporarily. Anyone know of another fix?
Donutey
Uninstall or turn off all the add ons you have and see if that fixes the problem. Then turn them back on one by one until you find the offending add on.
weableandbob
Nope, turning off all the add ons didn't do anything, but microsoft.net framework assistant is incompatible with version 3.5.2, if that has any effect on pages.
Pepperfan
How long as this been going on? I.E. a day, a week or a month? If you are running XP or vista do a system restore to a day or so before the problem started...

If you are not running xp/vista which version of windows are you using?

Charles
weableandbob
I tried system restore to before it started, but that didn't fix anything.
mathiaus
Do you have AVG Internet Security with Identity Protection? If so, just try disabling the Identity Protection and see if that makes a difference.
hunnyhiteshseth
There may also be a problem with your TCP settings. Search on net for DrTCP patch and try that.
Asap170
I would suggest installing Internet Exploer 8 or Google Chrome. And wait until FF comes out with a new update. For me IE is much faster then FF! HAHA IE opens up faster then FF and I don't even have any programs running except the background stuff. (NOTE: Never end the process of "Svchost.exe" )
FunDa
Asap170 wrote:
I would suggest installing Internet Exploer 8 or Google Chrome. And wait until FF comes out with a new update. For me IE is much faster then FF! HAHA IE opens up faster then FF and I don't even have any programs running except the background stuff. (NOTE: Never end the process of "Svchost.exe" )

Not all svchost.exe are normal. Confused I had this bunch of viruses which would name their file as svchost.exe so it was diificult to dlete the virus manually(don't try this at home unless u know what ur doing). But then the easy way out was to see the username who is runnin the svchost.exe

Normal svchost.exe is run by SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE and NETWORK SERVICE(2). A total of 4.

Anything more is probably a virus.