FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which Appllication have you recently downloaded?

mgeek
I just would like to know what kind of applications you download. Recently I downloaded an update for MemPad, the note-taking software I am using. How about you?
angfrayle
I downloaded a trial version of emltohtml from bitdaddy. It is an application for converting *.eml files to *.html.
anakin_skyrunner
The last software I downloaded was ... erm, Opera 10 Beta 3? Yes, I guess that's what it was.
saratdear
The last application I downloaded was uTorrent (yes, the software) and the current thing I am downloading is some or the other file with uTorrent.
chartcentral
I recently downloaded PopCap's Peggle World of Warcraft Edition. It's a free application but it is just a 10-level game. The commercial version has much more challenges to offer. Smile
TomS
I recently downloaded Trackmania - United Forever
mgeek
Right now I am downloading a task management application called LeaderTask. I might as well try it.
leondevil
I recently downloaded Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition.
FunDa
Auslogics Task Manager

The original windows task manager sucks, so I had been using Process Explorer.

But I wanted to see if there were any other alternatives out there.

Process Explorer is stil the best, but Auslogics Task manager has a better looking interface, easir for first timers to use.

I hope there are better task manager out there and Microsoft decides to install one of these better free task managers by default !!
sanalskumar
The last one i downloaded was Wireshark. Its a packet sniffer. I use it to monitor the traffic of my machine.
angfrayle
I recently downloaded Lock My PC. There are so many people at home when I work on my PC that I wanted to try out the software's security features. So far I've used it twice.
lethaltriad
The last application I have downloaded is Bolt Browser for my Blackberry Bold 9000

The last application i've downloaded on my pc is avast personal editiong
welshsteve
The last application I downloaded was Q-Dir, which is a Windows Explorer replacement. I move files around a lot so it's very handy having the extra panes.
anakin_skyrunner
I just downloaded TweetDeck for both my PC and my iPod touch - it's really useful when you're twittering^^

In case someone is interested: http://tweetdeck.com/
Helios
Revo Uninstaller for windows I think. Very good uninstaller software.

For Linux I haven't downloaded anything special lately. I'm going to check for updates in a moment though.
traxion
google's newest browser chrome

but after some test it looks oke, but it doesn't have the open source plug-in like firefox, sow im to firefox again
FunDa
Avast antivirus home edition

Among the free antivirus softwares, I like this the best.

The most popular three free ones are
1) AVG antivirus from Grisoft

2) Avira antivir antivirus

3) Avast antivirus

Of course there are more, even the open source clamwin antivirus, but these are the ones which I have tried

I like the voice of avast which says that database has been updated and virus has been detected

Kaspersky makes a very irritating noise when it catches a virus
[FuN]goku
Zombie Panic Source off of steam.
silverdown
I recently downloaded, Opera, xampp, phpbbb, wordpress and a bunch for more my website.....
Jean-Clod
FeedDemon 3, because I'm always reading some RSS, and neither Windows Live Mail, nor the built-in Opera RSS Reader, are what I'm looking for.
angfrayle
I recently downloaded the following for updates

Opera 10
TotalTextContainer
Treepad Lite
weableandbob
Dungeons and Dragons Online >_<
digall
I just downloaded opera 10 and browsing this through this browser.I like it.
harismushtaq
I downloaded the following software recently...

Avira antivirus
AVG free version
Malwarebytes anti malware
Spyware doctor
Norton 360

You may guess right that my system is badly infected with spyware.
mgeek
I recently updated Tiny Pad and found out that it has a new feature. With Tiny Pad one can now share one's notes online for free. Check out the new version of Tiny Pad and take advantage of its new online sharing feature.
HalfBloodPrince
Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala
blueray
It's phpUnit.
deanhills
Adobe Photoshop Elements
HP Patch Software for fixing my DVD RW
angfrayle
mgeek wrote:
I recently updated Tiny Pad and found out that it has a new feature. With Tiny Pad one can now share one's notes online for free. Check out the new version of Tiny Pad and take advantage of its new online sharing feature.

I'll try this one. Looks good.
Ryox
Teamspeak pwns same with Ventrilo and GSC that I downloaded.
dickyzin
I downloaded SWF FLV Player 3.8.
r4inm4ker
LazyNezumi.....
Sound's pretty weird, but it's a very useful stand-alone application to used along with photoshop or other painting tools. The main purpose of this little tool is to stabilize our hand-movement when painting so that we could produce smoother stroke. Try it here :
http://people.happycoders.org/kamih/wordpress/?page_id=46
Baka_Desu
I recently downloaded Itunes 9 because i did a clean install of Windows 7...
angfrayle
I use free FTP software but somebody told me about the CoffeeCup Direct FTP. Its main feature is the ability to directly edit files on the server. I am trying it out now. Perhaps it can prove useful.
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:
I use free FTP software but somebody told me about the CoffeeCup Direct FTP. Its main feature is the ability to directly edit files on the server. I am trying it out now. Perhaps it can prove useful.

CoffeeCup Direct is better than Ace Bit's Wise FTP.
go0gle
XAMPP Control Panel, very usefull!
mgeek
I am trying out Maple Professional and Note Pro. I saw them in the computer of an office mate and I wondered whether they can prove useful for a note-taking junkie like me.
angfrayle
mgeek wrote:

CoffeeCup Direct is better than Ace Bit's Wise FTP.

Direct FTP is great, but I do not know about Wise FTP since I haven't tried it yet. I like the way Direct FTP helps one edit pages directly from the server. But that would be redundant if one already has EditPlus with its ability to open a page directly from the server wouldn't it? Still Direct FTP has other features that make it really helpful.
alex_cyber
I have just downloaded new version of bearshare , my version is to old .
alex_cyber
go0gle wrote:
XAMPP Control Panel, very usefull!

I think the Wamp Server is better (form me)
dickyzin
I downloaded GIMP 2 and Inkscape.
I thought Inkscape was a good substitute to Adobe Illustrator but when I opened an AI file and zoomed, it's blurry.
chartcentral
I recently downloaded Yahoo! Messenger 10! A nice upgrade from the previous version. Smile
k_s_baskar
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX upadatation.
Smile
FunDa
Gmail notifier. Its always better to have Gtalk, but somehow I decided to try it out and have managed to worry about checking mail every time I turn on my computer.

Tiny app with a single purpose.
joostvane
I just formatted my computer. So a lot of applications.

The most recent application was my antivirus/firewall Bitdefender.
dickyzin
Fast Video Converter Pro v1.0. They were giving away free license so I thought I'd try it out. Haven't had a chance to do so yet though.
mgeek
mgeek wrote:
I am trying out Maple Professional and Note Pro. I saw them in the computer of an office mate and I wondered whether they can prove useful for a note-taking junkie like me.

So will you be keeping those Maple products? For RTF editing, Jarte works just fine and it is free. For Notetaking, Treepad Lite works well. Both these are free.
iGniSz
I recently downloaded Navicat lite for use with python/django (since phpmyadmin is written in PHP and even in django you sometimes need to go into the database). It's a great desktop database manager that supports all major database vendors and has some very nice tools and shortcuts to do quick and dirty DB management! Imho .. a solid download: http://www.navicat.com/download/download.html
chartcentral
I recently downloaded the Nokia OVI Suite. I haven't really used it yet though. Smile
silverdown
today i downloaded

firefox
winamp
filezilla
xampp
winzip

and many more programs since i got a new laptop. I also downloaded zonelab and free-av.com programs .
FunDa
silverdown wrote:
today i downloaded

firefox
winamp
filezilla
xampp
winzip

and many more programs since i got a new laptop. I also downloaded zonelab and free-av.com programs .

Woah there ... Reinstalling or something ?

Hmm .. winzip is the odd one out. 7zip anyone ?
Kashinilaya
VirtualBox from Sun Microsystems was my last one.
mgeek
I recently downloaded the most recent 8start application. This one has a countdown feature. Very nice.
angfrayle
mgeek wrote:
I recently downloaded the most recent 8start application. This one has a countdown feature. Very nice.

I downloaded that one too and had my TinyPad upgraded. Now, I can also post my notes to a server so that I can access them through any computer.
dickyzin
I downloaded Google Chrome browser, still in Beta, for Linux. The version is 4.0.249.30.
FunDa
7zip..

THe free alternative to winzip and winrar.

uTorrent - a tiny but awesome Torrent client.
Really good that u can just take the file and simply run it from anywhere.

There are torrent clients for Nokia mobiles too, but I don't want a huge data bill from my phone company, so not trying it out now !!!
dickyzin
Downloaded WinX Bluray Decryptor. They were giving away free registration keys.
mgeek
Update for Editpad Lite
the-guide
FunDa wrote:
I like the voice of avast which says that database has been updated and virus has been detected

Me too! Laughing I have been using Avast antivirus home edition for long time and my computers never infected by any Virus since I used this anti-virus application. I trust it!
czarulit
Gnomebaker. Very nice and lightweight burning tool for gnome.
chartcentral
I recently download the demo version of Scanahand 2.0. Great program to turn your handwriting to a font! Smile
dickyzin
I downloaded Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Compact (32-bit / 64-bit)
[FuN]goku
Uh, probably either Visual Studio 2008, or a game off of Steam.
mgeek
chartcentral wrote:
I recently download the demo version of Scanahand 2.0. Great program to turn your handwriting to a font! Smile

Check that out. Where is the URL for the software?
chartcentral
mgeek, check out Scanahand at http://www.high-logic.com/scanahand.html

And just downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird 3 with Lightning and MinimizeToTray Plus add-ons. I must say it's an awesome new version! Smile
Jean-Clod
I downloaded Aptana Studio, and began using it with the ZenCoding plugins.. as a webdesigner (just a hobby), I just love it!

http://code.google.com/p/zen-coding/
And
http://www.aptana.com/
chartcentral
Downloaded Notepad++ 5.6.6 and updated my previous installation. Smile
Flakky
The Peazip compressor tool with many compression capabilities. I don't know about compression ratio yet as I am comparing with rar right now.
chartcentral
Downloaded PHP 5.3.1 and upgraded my previous installation, but it doesn't seem to work and crashes the Apache Web Server. For now, I have reverted to PHP 5.3.0, I have yet to figure out how to make the latest version work. Smile
escritor
Read it whenever you want. Almosty surely my most recent software download is an Opera snapshot. Embarassed
angfrayle
I just upgraded my Beerwin HTML Editor to the latest stable version.
rjraaz
i have downloaded USB Secure 1.3 , software to protect our USB drives data
anakin_skyrunner
The last download, that was either the latest Opera 10.5 snapshot or Magix Samplitude ...
FunDa
I got "Look in my PC" Not as good as I hoped it would be. But useful all the same.

It gives a gist of the hardware and running processes in the computer. So, it gives a good first look at a computer system before you figure out what is wrong with it.

In fact, this program or Hijack This should be there in every computer-geek's computer rescue toolkit, especially if u are the ALpha geek who rescues the neighborhood computers.
milleja46
Well i just downloaded phpbb and installed it on my site.
Jean-Clod
I'm back! Last download.. either the latest Paint.NET, latest Songbird Nightly, or a browser nightly (Opera 10.5rc, or Chrome 5.0.x.xdev) don't remember!
VernMon
Very Happy The last applications what I download are Foobar2000 and Avira Antivir.I am sure.
milleja46
Tilestudio. Great program for making tiles for games. But only 2d ones. But a good program for platform, or up-down games.
ahnguye5
Revo Uninstaller:

More detailed than the Windows uninstaller or the uninstall application that comes with programs/software. Deletes everything that was created when the software was installed -- folders, registry items, etc.
FunDa
milleja46 wrote:
Tilestudio. Great program for making tiles for games. But only 2d ones. But a good program for platform, or up-down games.

Anybody here use GameMaker ... Nifty software for making 2d games just for fun. Mostly GUI based, its coding fro those who don't know any coding.
milleja46
Heard of it but not great for my site now that i have switched to programming it and not being the lazy one who just puts it in and scripts it. Sorry for those of you here that like to script. I am about to download openlazlo. How good is it if anybody knows? And Funda i am just using that to make tiles, and maps. Do you know how hard it would be to make a map completly from code? I don't even know where to start.
chartcentral
Checking my downloads log, I got the then latest version of WinSCP just a few weeks ago (4.2.5). But they've just released yet another update, newest version is now 4.2.6! Smile
Flakky
Just got RivaTuner, I also posted a thread here about my overheathed graphics card. Those things are related Wink
angfrayle
I just downloaded an update for Action Outline 3.
milleja46
A update for phpbb gallery
r4inm4ker
Foxit reader, the free and lightweight PDF reader for my "old" notebook (DELL centrino one, though I still love it,lol).
Kashinilaya
The new NeoOffice is the last one I downloaded. (I like it. Great improvement in start up). Before that, the last one was VirtualBox.
mgeek
Kashinilaya wrote:
The new NeoOffice is the last one I downloaded. (I like it. Great improvement in start up). Before that, the last one was VirtualBox.

Do you have the URL? I'd like to see what kind of software is NeoOffice.
escritor
mgeek wrote:
Do you have the URL? I'd like to see what kind of software is NeoOffice.

NeoOffice is an OpenOffice version for Mac OS.
chartcentral
Currently downloading the latest version of VLC Media Player (1.0.5). I'll update this outdated one I have installed on my PC. Smile
FunDa
chartcentral wrote:
Currently downloading the latest version of VLC Media Player (1.0.5). I'll update this outdated one I have installed on my PC. Smile

Yeah man. Once the plugins are rally opened up, VLC will be the only player I'll need. Right now, I use VLC because it plays anything. But there are qite a few plugins that I get for Winamp and Media Player that I would like to see in VLC before I can fully switch Sad Once they're ready. VLC for the win
milleja46
Just downlaoded thingamablog. Great software for making blogs, once i can get it working here at home.
angfrayle
I just downloaded an update for NoteScribe.
escritor
chartcentral wrote:

VLC is my default video player. Smile
milleja46
Pchat since i can't get miranda-im's irc thing to work no matter what i try and the people there won't help me.
Da Rossa
mgeek wrote:
I just would like to know what kind of applications you download. Recently I downloaded an update for MemPad, the note-taking software I am using. How about you?

I'm trying K-Meleon, a good browser, alternative to Firefox. Of course Firefox is more powerful, but K-Meleon is less resource hungry.

Also, I tried mempad, and I found out a big flaw in it: it does save your notes "automatically". BUT, if somehow the application is terminated unexpectedly, or your power has been cut, you'll lose everything. You need to properly close the application for the notes to be saved.
That's why I still prefer Microsoft OneNote for that, and that's a pitty, because Mempad seems to be so practical...
chartcentral
Just downloaded and installed the new version of Avira AntiVir Personal. Smile
milleja46
Well just downloaded some apps for my new lg chocolate one of which included the email thing for it.
FunDa
escritor wrote:
chartcentral wrote:

VLC is my default video player. Smile

VLC is my default too.

Tried Kmplayer as many friends recommended it, but there was something missing. So back to VLC again.

Now that version 1.0 of VLC has been released, it also works with lyrics add-ons, which was one thing I always needed another player in addition to VLC.
Eskapismus
TYPO3Wininstaller Package 3 for my new Webproject that I'm looking forwar to host on this site.. one day Very Happy

It's a well done setup that includes everything needed to run a typo3 featured website on your localhost.

Oh yeah, and the Version 10 of Avira Antivir which developed awesomely since the last year!
anakin_skyrunner
Download iTunes 9.1 a few minutes ago...
milleja46
Just downloaded social beat which is a great app, to access all your social network stuff, some google stuff, and rss feeds. Check it out: http://forum.iskoot.com/index.php ! I love it alrdy!
mgeek
An update for my Limewire Turbo.
anakin_skyrunner
Internet Explorer Platform Preview

Good thing to know what the guys at Microsoft are up to for IE9 Smile
misterXY
l installed Desktop Girls Smile
Lol, l installed Notepad++ again, l lost my thumbdrive with the portable exe.
escritor
I've downloaded and installled Xiao Audio Player and Emerge Desktop. I recommend both. Smile
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:
I just downloaded an update for NoteScribe.

Do you have a premium account? What is the difference between Notescribe and Evernote?
jstei
mgeek wrote:

I download all sorts of games, but I downloaded Game Maker. Need some help here, but I'm doing fine with it.
milleja46
Oh, let's see here ubuntu 9.1, several apps for it including eclipse and several games, and ie for linux. Updates for several apps, and wordpress. Putty client for linux.
meep
downloaded eclipse and some game about 5 minutes ago Smile
milleja46
wp-united for phpbb nice plugin to unite wp and phpbb together
Jamestf347
I've downloaded Halo Custom Edition:

Halo Custom Edition, sometimes abbreviated Halo CE (which is also often accepted as an abbreviation for Halo: Combat Evolved), is a free expansion that requires a key code of Halo: Combat Evolved by Bungie Studios, which was ported to the PC by Gearbox Software. Halo CE was released by Gearbox as an unsupported version of the original game.
milleja46
Most recent for me was monodevelop, great program if i could just find what to use to get my code to work the way it should, this program doesn't use some of the same names other programs use, which is probably because i'm on linux not windows, i still have alot to learn....also i tried downloading cinerella, which was a fail....it just did not work!
dickyzin
Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate 32 bit
mgeek
I downloaded an update for BlogJet.
[FuN]goku
I just downloaded a bunch of my games off of Steam. The last one I actually downloaded was Left 4 Dead 2 , I think.
FunDa
Audacity audio editing software

OpenOffice

Ubuntu

Its just awesome Razz
mgeek
Right now I am downloading the portable SE-Explorer, a free file manager for Windows.
milleja46
gambas for ubuntu, i really need to update my ubuntu installation......
Radar
Steam. Because Portal is free at the moment.
mgeek
I downloaded an update for WhizFolders.
milleja46
Sharpdevelop(opensource version of Visual Studio), and about to download XNA and tilestudio
mgeek
Downloaded an update for my Coffeecup HTML Editor. The 2010 version looks good.
anakin_skyrunner
I updated Splash Lite from version 1.4 to 1.4.2
http://mirillis.com/splash.html

It's a quite good movie (and HD) player which also has Video Hardware Acceleration Very Happy
milleja46
Just downloaded Visual Studio Professional 2010! Thanks DreamSpark!!!!!!!!!!
mgeek
I downloaded updates for EditPad Pro and Ace Text from Just Great Software
meep
photoshop cs5 and dreamweaver cs5
milleja46
Runescape client, because my computer is a retard and won't let me use the browser version.....
anakin_skyrunner
Pretty much every program I had before because I bought a new hard drive and put a new installation of Windows 7 on it Very Happy
After all my old OS drive was from 2002 Rolling Eyes although it's still fast and everything! The question is: how long will it be like this^^
milleja46
Just make sure you don't put some overhauling software on it to clutter it up. I'm hoping to get a new one, because my won't give option to uninstall some of them. But i did just download all the files to get Mabinogi working, i want to get maplestory if it's a good game.....
cemycc
Ventrilo Smile
My clan use ventrilo now, TeamSpeak is old Smile
FunDa
cemycc wrote:
Ventrilo Smile
My clan use ventrilo now, TeamSpeak is old Smile

That's just awesome dude. I don't know how we played multiplayer in college before we had these. We even tried phoning up in the beginning, when we were still noobs ... hehe Smile
anakin_skyrunner
I downloaded the beta version of the new Windows Live Essentials Wave 4...

However there seems to be a problem with Messenger, it won't work for me. Well, after all it's still beta so I'll give it another try sometime later^^
meep
Just downloaded xampp, and after a long process of trial and error i found that skype was blocking port 80 preventing it from running Very Happy
chartcentral
I just downloaded the updated version of Nokia Ovi Suite. I am yet to install it though. Smile
FunDa
chartcentral wrote:
I just downloaded the updated version of Nokia Ovi Suite. I am yet to install it though. Smile

I don't understand why Nokia stopped supporting PC Suite. That was a nice piece of software. I liked it much better than Ovi Suite.

So many features on Ovi are dependent on a good internet connection and also it doesn't allow more advanced features. PC Suite is still available, so I am sticking with that as long as I can.
chartcentral
Just downloaded and installed Winamp 5.58. Liking the nice new little but useful features. Smile
milleja46
vba, so i could play gba games on my comp
ahnguye5
Just downloaded aerosnap!
silverdown
The last program i downloaded was, Filezilla FTP client and the server
rayxzero
I recently downloaded:

Netbeans 6.9
Irrlicht SDK
Cygwin
achowles
The latest update of Filezilla was the most recent thing downloaded. I've never had a problem with it. But that doesn't seem to stop them from having a new update ready every time I use it.
chartcentral
Updated my Yahoo! Messenger to the latest version. Smile
ahnguye5
Just downloaded the JavaFX package for Netbeans 6.9
FunDa
ahnguye5 wrote:
Just downloaded the JavaFX package for Netbeans 6.9

Downloading Netbeans .... Cool
mgeek
I updated my AM-Notebook to the latest version.
nam_siddharth
Recentlly I have downloaded OpenDND Updater, NetWorx and Softperfect Bandwidth Manager.
mgeek
I upgraded my Jarte Plus program to the latest version.
milleja46
well updated my firefox since i just finished my online class, and drivers for a printer i just got for free, nice printer, i just need ink now, according to the control program it's low. now gonna download maplestory
mgeek
I downloaded Open Office
FunDa
Downloaded CoffeeCup HTML editor.

First the free version, then the full version trial.

There were some bugs when processing the html source, and in fact, if u start making a page from scratch, it says preview is not possible because it does not support html5 , but then there are no helpful tips to change to html 4 by default.

Anyway, the nag messages to make u buy the full version are cute and funny, so if they remove the bugs, maybe I would buy it too.

Sample of nags
"Chicks dig guys who buy the full version"
"Guys dig chicks who buy the full version" lol
"Feed a hungry programmer, buy the full version"
milleja46
well i just downloaded dvd decryptor, and handbrake, both so i could add movies to my ipod to watch though probably only one at a time....and soon a update for itunes, this should keep me busy while i wait on a programming book to ship in

mgeek wrote:
I downloaded Open Office

Sweet, open office is great! especially when ms office is useless on my comp, i probably need to update mine....
milleja46
Well i just got the beta of propresenter for windows, awesome though it's a beta though a few glitches....
chartcentral
Downloaded the Windows Live Writer application but it doesn't seem to fit my rather not-so-common blog publishing needs. Smile
milleja46
dbPoweramp
mgeek
Notesbrowser, a nice note-taking and reminder software. I'll be trying it out for a while to see if it is better than the Treepad Free edition I've been using.
chartcentral
Recently downloaded CPU-Z, a free utility program that gathers information on your PC's main devices. Smile
milleja46
Openlp a free alternative to all those presentation software used in churches and everywhere else openlp.org. Also an update to openoffice because the openlp wouldn't work right without a update since it can show what openoffice has and that part was enabled....
nam_siddharth
I have recently downloaded "Download Accelerator Plus 9.5". I think it is the best free download manager.
I have also downloaded Internet Explorer 9 Beta. It is the fastest web browser I have ever used.
nam_siddharth
Few days from now i have downloaded 'LiteManager Free'. It is a free VNP software. It is extremely great software. I can manage all my network computers remotely using this software. I can even get complete control of the remote computers. It also has remote task manager.

Previously I was using UltraVNC Viewer to view and control remote computers. But frame-rate of remote computer was extremely low. It also lacked many features like remote taskmanager.

http://www.litemanager.com/
milleja46
XNA 4.0, updates to openlp, and blender 3d. i'm going to be so busy learning stuff for a good year it's not even funny
nam_siddharth
I have just downloaded VMware Workstation and VMwere ThinApp. I will install them next day, then I will post the review.
Marcuzzo
nam_siddharth wrote:
I have just downloaded VMware Workstation and VMwere ThinApp. I will install them next day, then I will post the review.

I've downloaded VMware too, the only thing I hate is that it creates 4 or 5 virtual network adapters.
other then that it is pretty nice
FunDa
Anybody tried running a Mac OS in VMware ? Is it possible ?
I have no access to a Mac computer, but would love to try it out
nam_siddharth
FunDa wrote:

Actually I have downloaded VMware for testing Mac OS. But first i need to clean some hard disk space for it.
ankur209
Recently Downloaded 'Touchmind'-a mind mapping software for windows 7 for free.. Razz
meep
Recently downloaded xampp again, after this no-good so-called Technical Assistant couldn't fix a broken keyboard on my laptop while he had a new keyboard and a screwdriver, and gave me a new one (GF all files btw, since I wasn't home and my mom didn't know I had important stuff on it) :/
rjraaz
I have downloaded Oxygen XML Editor 12.0 which is a XML editing tool.
nam_siddharth
nam_siddharth wrote:
FunDa wrote:

Actually I have downloaded VMware for testing Mac OS. But first i need to clean some hard disk space for it.

I could not install Mac OS with VMware. Sad
rjraaz
FunDa wrote:

running osx on vm ware is not so hard

and most of the features of osx run fine under VmWare.

all you need is a pc which has at least sse2 but sse3 is preferable

if its sse2 then then you need to patch an image of an intel version of OS X

you then install it under free bsd (because osx is based on bsd)

you can even share the net with the guest os

it runs a little slower than full speed and power pc apps run super slow

videos work alright but they skip a bit

sound is a bit dodgy

and resolution would be 1024x768
mgeek
I recently downloaded an update for LeaderTask.
nam_siddharth
Today I updated Vuze to version 4.5 .
tamilparks
i have downloaded FTP UPLOADER
chartcentral
Recently downloaded (and updated) my Notepad++ to version 5.8.1. Smile
rjraaz
chartcentral wrote:

i needed same would provide me the link where from i will download it.

free
chartcentral
Just downloaded and installed OpenOffice.org 3.2.1. Smile
milleja46
rjraaz wrote:
chartcentral wrote:

free

why not search it up? it's not that hard to find....
i really should update my Oo, also downloaded some updates for Openlp
rjraaz
milleja46 wrote:
rjraaz wrote:
chartcentral wrote:

free

why not search it up? it's not that hard to find....
i really should update my Oo, also downloaded some updates for Openlp

sorry but forgot to tell that i am using 64bit windows 7.
Plaintiff
Just downloaded logmein, to work at home instead of my work Very Happy
milleja46
Updates, and some portable apps so i can have my favorite apps at school
rjraaz
i have downloaded objectdock.
milleja46
XAMPP for windows.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
rjraaz
Youtube playlist downloader
milleja46
xampp again, since it didn't work....
pll
I downloaded talking Tom !
It's a cat that record what you say and then it repeats it, it's very funny!
tamilparks
recently i downloaded bit torent 7.1
chartcentral
I recently downloaded the Nokia OVI Suite and the PC Suite Cleaner. Smile
dude_xyx
Tried to download a DivX player update but it didn't work so my last one must be Fast video download 3.2.3.
milleja46
Well jahshaka(now cinefx), virtual dub, avidemux(all are not at a standard that suits me). As soon as Lightworks comes out that will be my latest download....
chartcentral
Just downloaded and upgraded to the latest release of VLC Media Player. It's now at Version 1.1.5 (The Luggage). Smile
dude_xyx
Downloaded ccleaner new version. Going to download the new VLC player now.
FunDa
Downloading a good video player for my phone. I cannot find a VLC equivalent for my phone yet Sad

All the video players I got until now could play some formats but not several others.

Is it time to switch to Android ?

Is there a free, good video player for Symbian s60v3 ?
chartcentral
Upgraded to Yahoo! Messenger 11 Beta. It boasts more features but it's extremely slow (almost unusable on my PC)! I gotta roll back to version 10. Smile
mgeek
Downloaded an Upgrade for IDM UltraEdit.
milleja46
Finally got Lightworks, but won't be able to use very well until i get a new computer..... Sad
But it is pretty good from what i've seen
Oh yea, i also downloaded infrarecorder portable though it didn't work to burn the copy of Visual Studio i needed to burn that i got from dreamworks...
alvarorojas4
I just downloaded Ovi PC suite for see something of the firmware of Nokia N73.
Flakky
Duplicate File Eraser and bat to exe converter are two programs I downloaded recently Smile
granvals
Windows: Windows 7 (x64 if possible)
- Windows Application Development, 3D rendering, gaming
Mac: OSX Snow Leopard
- For GFX Design, or anything multimedia related
Linux: Slackware
- Opensource *NIX Development, Free Softwares, FREE

I recommend Ubuntu Linux (the latest version is 10.04 and it can be downloaded from http://www.ubuntu.com)

* less security problems than windows (almost none)
* free (as in free beer and as in free speech)
* huge software repositories so you can install almost anything with just a few clicks
* fully customizable
* nice community support (the forums are awesome!)
* comes with almost anything you need (about 30 minutes to install Ubuntu + any other piece of software you need) - in windows xp it took me 10 hours

Those are my suggestions. Good luck! Laughing
zacharygriver
I recently downloaded Lock My PC. There are so many people at home when I work on my PC that I wanted to test the security features of software. So far I have used it twice.
debjitbiswas
Avira antivirus
AVG free version
winrara
magic iso maker
xampp
cant os 5
fedora
comodo antivirus.
windows 2008 server free.
box linux.
well short list.
FunDa
debjitbiswas wrote:
Avira antivirus
AVG free version
winrara
magic iso maker
xampp
cant os 5
fedora
comodo antivirus.
windows 2008 server free.
box linux.
well short list.

Wow, that list contains a lot of antivirus software. I always thought that you shouldn't use more than one antivirus at a time. Are you using insatlling all 3 on the same operating system.

I tried once, and my computer became so very slow. !
milleja46
Lightworks beta
avast
visual studio
^just the beginning of my list to be since i just starting putting everything i need on my new comp
chartcentral
Just downloaded and installed Novia Ovi Suite 3. Synchronization went with version 2, but it just fails in this new one. Thinking of downgrading until they find a fix for this issue I'm experiencing. Smile
optin
I got a virus I download avast.
k_s_baskar
Again i am in this never end thread. I just downloaded kloxo control panel for my vps. i am new to unix like operating system so it's new and very interesting.
Smile
FunDa
SpaceSniffer

An awesome yet tiny free software to see the hard disk space usage in your computer or USB.

Helps to clean up your hard disk.

Found out where all my hard disk space was being wasted and deleted all the useless junk which accumulated.
Pretty good interface. Razz
milleja46
Synfig <-great free replacement for flash you just have to be careful and read the manuals or you could mess up the animation you're working on
Itunes
Vindictus <-great 3d game for the people who love the medival period which is great
mgeek
FunDa wrote:
SpaceSniffer

An awesome yet tiny free software to see the hard disk space usage in your computer or USB.

Found out where all my hard disk space was being wasted and deleted all the useless junk which accumulated.

Looks good. I'm gonna give it a try.
FunDa
mgeek wrote:
FunDa wrote:
SpaceSniffer

Looks good. I'm gonna give it a try.

It is very good. I tried a few other similar utilities, but this was the one I liked.

The others felt clumsy and the interface was poor compared to Space Sniffer.

In other news, I downloaded iTunes (again)

Why do iPods and iTunes need such a nonsense syncing protocol.

Why can't I just drag and drop like with other handplayers.
rocking
I just downloaded PHP Designer 7,
It is a php editor (It also good to a lot of programming languages),
I reccommend everyone to use it. It much better then all the other programs I know.
shaggyfahad
filezilla and a licensed vBulletin!
meep
Eclipse ide Smile
milleja46
Well some updates so a online class work, java, acrobat, all that required stuff to make sites work.
Tortoisegit
notepad++
pronto(the class room messaging system the online class uses)
miranda-im
frets on fire
oy, the list goes on and on i think but i'm having trouble remembering
chartcentral
Just downloaded and installed Adobe Reader X. Had to research how to get the regular executable file (offline installer), because the default procedure on their website requires the Adobe Download Manager. Latest version is now 10.0.1.
milleja46
Some updates for software
wCatPCSecure
Last Thing i downloaded is a Steam Update
FunDa
7zip

Downloaded a rar file, and Windows opens only zip files by default.

To open rar files winrar is an option, but it is not free - it is a trial software.

So downloaded 7zip which is full version and free.
ahnguye5
GIMP. For simple use, it seems like it has all the functionality that Photoshop has.
ankur209
Well recently i've download Trendy Flash Website Builder and Aleo Intro Maker !!
These both are very good software for designing flash websites and flash based intros for your website !!

Both the software comes with a trial .Use it try it if u feel good u can buy it !!
Otherwise consult me i'll give u the crack !! Wink
D'Artagnan
Pixie nice color picker for webdesigners

dropbox for synching my files betwenn home and work

VirtualBox - i use some virtual machines

IETester great suite for quick testing youi website in various IE versions

[/list]
lightwate
Recently I downloaded NetBalancer

It helps me monitor which programs uses up my bandwidth and allows me to set priorities for each program. I haven't used it yet, really but I once needed something like this in the past and now I'm prepared if ever I need this in the future. xD[/url]
matin
browser chrome
FunDa
Chrome suddenly started crashing a lot, so downloaded it again.

But the problem is not gone.

Once in a while, inexplicably, it just crashes while loading a website.

Not constant, just randomly happens all the time
uzzy22
CopyTrans 4.6 for my Iphone
chartcentral
Downloaded and currently installing VLC Media Player 1.1.7, the latest version. Smile
FunDa
Had a hard time finding a codec called ZMP5

It did not even play in VLC, the latest updated version (I even uninstalled and re-installed to be sure.

Finally found a Chinese player which could play the ZMP5 format (QQ player) But I don't trust it. Besides, I cannot read the menus either.

But it works for just playing the ZMP5 format videos.

Figured out that zmp5.ax file can be loaded onto regsvr to make the video playable on Windows Media Player.

Hate that different companies try to bring their own proprietary formats Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
menino
I downloaded Edraw Max for creating mindmaps, which is quite a good way to create project plans and your own personal plans as well.... trying to put them in a nutshell,a nd get the big picture.

There is a free one called freemind as well, that requires Java.
chartcentral
I've downloaded and installed updates to Mozilla Firefox (3.6.14) and Nokia Ovi Suite. Smile
emanuel2
I just downloaded avira antivir, my mcAffey antivir license expired just yesterday. I got a free licence with my new laptop, but only for a few months :/ Annoying Crying or Very sad
FunDa
McAfee has that deal with some manufacturers, an dyes its very annoying. I don't wait for the trial to expire now. I uninstall it as soon as I see it and install Avast or Avira or sometimes even AVG.

Avira has an irritating popup screen but found a way to disable it, so that works well now.

If I couldn't remove the popup, Avira would go out of my recommendations list, no matter how much better it may be at catching viruses Evil or Very Mad
Zenk
Hmm. Mozilla Thunderbird - sits on my desktop for ages (unused) : )
chartcentral
Just downloaded an old version of the Adobe Flash Player. Uninstalled the latest (10.2.152.32) and replaced it with 10.1.102.64. On my machine, the current one doesn't display the videos on Youtube (I get a black screen) but the previous works just fine. Smile
pyrecon
miranda-im

0.9.16 seemed short-lived

and also a chromium update (it updates few times a day but I update it weekly to bi-weekly)
chartcentral
Just downloaded and installed Allway Sync to synchronize my files across shared directories. So far so good for me, it's doing what needs to be done. Smile
ankur209
Well , i recently Upgraded my Media Player that is WINAMP 5.0 to WINAMP 5.6 Pro Laughing

So i had to download the new exe for that.
I love the winamp's sound quality and the plugins it provides. Razz
chartcentral
I'm on a browser rampage so to speak today. Downloaded and installed Google Chrome 10 at my office workstation, while I also downloaded and upgraded to Internet Explorer 9 on my Windows 7 machine at home. Still, I'll be using Mozilla Firefox though as my preferred browser of choice.
cybersa
Mozilla Thunderbird.
chartcentral
Applications I recently downloaded and installed were Mozilla Firefox 4 and the latest versions of Mozilla Thunderbird, Notepad++ and WinSCP. Smile
chartcentral
Just uninstalled OpenOffice.org and replaced it with my recently downloaded LibreOffice from The Document Foundation. Basically the same software with a different name. Smile
chartcentral
Just installed Fotobounce. Among its many features is the ability for you to download whole albums from Facebook. Good piece of software. Smile
FunDa
Fiefox 5. After the bloating that was going on in Firefox that made me switch to Chrome, I am happy now

The Firefox 5 browser is cool and works like I want it to wor. Even the Internet Explorer 9 has come a long way since the absolutely unusable IE6.

Chrome sure has some worthwhile competition now, and I am glad this happened Smile
Khanon
Eclipse : for make java above multi format
Wamp : full instal for web developpement utilities (not tooLs like Dreamweaver)
Filezilla : desk for web file exchanger
SIW : Mac adress exchanger
Age of Mythology - titan version xD
Oracle VM VirtualBox : Virtual alternative office system (like duplicata windows system on my current windows system, but it works for Linux duplicata system, Mac-os duplicata system)

and a lot of tutorials in my favourite links website
chartcentral
Just downloaded and installed the Beta version of the Ubuntu One client for Windows. Haven't used it much yet though. Smile
FunDa
Going to install Ubuntu inside of Windows.

Not on a separate partition, but into a giant partition diized file.

Anybody has experience in using it ?
kitsrock
FunDa wrote:
Fiefox 5. After the bloating that was going on in Firefox that made me switch to Chrome, I am happy now

The Firefox 5 browser is cool and works like I want it to wor. Even the Internet Explorer 9 has come a long way since the absolutely unusable IE6.

Chrome sure has some worthwhile competition now, and I am glad this happened Smile

Do you mean FF 4? I wasn't aware FF 5 was already out.
SultanMA
Paragon Hard disk manager.
sandmanxyz
Just downloaded Unlocker. It has come real handy
chartcentral
Just downloaded and installed the latest version of MediaCoder. Smile
chartcentral
Just downloaded the latest version of Nokia Ovi Suite to upgrade my current installation. After doing so, I then read that the Ovi brand will be phased out and shall be renamed to its master brand as Nokia. Very Happy
chartcentral
(Wow, is nobody else downloading applications here on the Frihost forum?! This is my 3rd straight post. Hehe.)
I just downloaded Gbrainy for Windows. I am yet to install it though. But based on its Ubuntu version, I surely will enjoy having this program on my computer. There's also a web version available here. Smile
rocking
Oracle Express 10g DB,
I very cool DB program. It is available free on there website.
Now I am learning DB. Hopefully one day I will work as DBA.
rjraaz
I have recently downloaded PhpDebugger 1.4 its a php debugging tool.
FunDa
I downloaded a couple of eBook readers - iSilo, Tome Reader, Mobipocket, Microsoft Reader (for LIT)
Comic Book Reader

Now I can read eBooks of the following types
pdf
txt
lit
pdb
prc
cbr
cbz
doc
htm

Are there any other types of eBook formats that I should be having ?
mgeek
I just downloaded the newest version of Real Player
milleja46
Blender, FF4, python, Eric IDE
cybersa
InternetDownloadManager(IDM).
Moved from Orbit.
Due to its features.
mgeek
I downloaded an EditPlus update.
chartcentral
Just downloaded Pinnacle VideoSpin, it's a freeware video editor. Smile
chartcentral
Just downloaded and currently installing the latest VLC Media Player, it's now at version 1.1.10. Smile
milleja46
Portable apps platform(and a few apps and games for it) and soon a few updates for others
GoldenEagle
Just got a new computer, downloaded Gimp, and used it to make a custom logo for my site: The Treasure Trade!
SC__Programmer
Just downloaded Quick Screen Capture...Epic program Very Happy
celebi269
I just downloaded Eclipse Classic 3.6.2, JDK and Android SDK -- I'm going mobile.
FunDa
celebi269 wrote:
I just downloaded Eclipse Classic 3.6.2, JDK and Android SDK -- I'm going mobile.

Good for you..

I tried a bit of Java Mobile programming. And a bit of ANdroid programming

Too bad I don't have an ANdroid phone, so all my testng is on the emulator.

Java is supported on my mobile, so that worked well for me.
chartcentral
Recently downloaded updates to Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash Player. Smile
mgeek
Downloaded an update for EditPad. Series 7 looks cool.
chartcentral
Recently downloaded the new Mozilla Firefox 5.
Can't tell the difference from the earlier version though. Smile
Blastr
Hi,
i've recently downloaded Trout. Simply a good Music Player with Last.fm- and (omg!) libre.fm-support! Very Happy
chartcentral
Currently downloading a Skype update to the latest version. Smile

EDIT: And apparently, I'm on chat client upgrade mode today. Just also installed Yahoo! Messenger 11. There are a bunch of nice new features (Facebook integration, conversations are now saved online and signing in from multiple locations to name a few). I uninstalled its beta version before (it performs very slow on my computer) but it seems to have improved now. Guess I'll see how it fares as I use it out more. Smile
ankur209
Filezilla : Software for uploading files on to the websites !
FunDa
ankur209 wrote:
Filezilla : Software for uploading files on to the websites !

Or for downloading from FTP servers (which are too few nowadays)

Earlier, most downloadable large files where sred in FTP, and not http THose were the days. Rolling Eyes
chartcentral
Recently download an update to the Samsung Kies application. Smile
portoskt
i have just download microsoft lightswitch tool, and i spend a lot of time with it now... very powerful tool for fast building od business applications
mgeek
I am trying out PowerScreen Capture. Looks cool.
pirate
just downloaded the latest version of firefox, works well and has much better GUI.
xSteam
I've recently downloaded the new Windows Live Messenger 2011 (15.4.3538).
And I must say this is probably the worst version of WLM ever made... Lots of unecessary stuff and I lost my nickname (Now it only always First and Last Name) Sad
mgeek
Updates for TreePad and EmEditor
chartcentral
Downloaded and upgraded to the new IP Messenger 3, as well as Virtual Clone Drive. Smile
davidv
CCleaner.

http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER
chartcentral
Just downloaded and updated Winamp (5.621) and VLC Media Player (1.1.11) to its latest versions. Smile
chartcentral
Currently downloading Allway Sync's latest version as I will be upgrading it from 11.1.24 to 11.3.11. Smile
SultanMA
HjSplit. the best app for splitting files with no errors.
ProfessorY91
Ninite. Which I then use to download and install tons of other stuff, automatically. Since I work as an IT Admin, this program makes life really really easy after a wipe and reinstall.

Check it out.
socials
I donwloaded filezilla and notepad++ to code my site. And also download teracopy to transfer a video to my flash drive faster.
portoskt
opera new version, avg free antivirus
Navigator
portoskt wrote:
opera new version, avg free antivirus

Opera FTW, I just downloaded NetBeans 7, looking good.
mgeek
Xilisoft Sound Recorder. I am looking for an MP3 recorder that I can use for podcasts you see.
chartcentral
I downloaded and installed Ext2Fsd, so I could mount my Linux partitions on Windows. However, it doesn't seem to work. While I can see the Linux drive, I get an error message that says it is not formatted when I try to open it. Smile
chartcentral
Just downloaded Qwertick by Nattyware. It makes typewriter sounds as you type on your computer keyboard. Hehe. Very Happy
milleja46
A update to filezilla, iwebkit(a framework for making webapps for the iOS that makes it easier to make them), and a few other updates like the one for firefox.
mgeek
Pixie from Nattyware. I need a colorpicker and Nattyware's application looks alright.
davidv
IntelliJ IDEA. It's a Java IDE that my friend introduced me to. I don't typically use IDEs (because VIM is awesome) but I thought I'd give it a try.
chartcentral
Downloaded and upgraded to version 6 of Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, as well as Skype 5.5. Smile
Asap170
Just download QBASIC...
welshsteve
Nothing new recently, but every time I setup a new PC I download the latest versions of the following:

Notepad++
EITHER: Microsoft Security Essentials OR Comodo Internet Security
Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox 5
Mozilla Thunderbird
TopStyle Lite
CutePDF
mgeek
An update for EditPad Pro.
jcreus
mgeek wrote:

The latest version of Firefox. Hmm, but I do not remember which one... 6, 7, 8? Joking apart, i've last downloaded Firefox 7 beta.
chartcentral
Downloaded Medieval Software's BlueFTP for my phone. [Link]
milleja46
Hmm, nimbuzz(a im software), updates for itunes, pronto(im for online classes through my school), and an update for filezilla Wink
chartcentral
Downloading the latest version of Yahoo! Messenger, which is now at 11.0.0.2014. Smile
mgeek
I updated my ScreenshotCaptor and Find and Run Robot. Both are from DonationCoder. Very useful.
cresvale
I just download some blog applications, but not good.
tamilparks
i downloaded latest firefox browser
i_needz_some_helpz
FunDa wrote:

It did not even play in VLC, the latest updated version (I even uninstalled and re-installed to be sure.

Finally found a Chinese player which could play the ZMP5 format (QQ player) But I don't trust it. Besides, I cannot read the menus either.

Figured out that zmp5.ax file can be loaded onto regsvr to make the video playable on Windows Media Player.

Hate that different companies try to bring their own proprietary formats Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I am haveing the same problem!!! Where can i get the zmp5.ax file and how do i load it onto regsvr???
I am desprate to know how to do this.. ive tried EVERY thing Sad
Navigator
mgeek wrote:
Xilisoft Sound Recorder. I am looking for an MP3 recorder that I can use for podcasts you see.

How about Audacity, open source.
i_needz_some_helpz
FunDa wrote:

Hi its me again.. Still havent found the answer to my problem yet.. but ive got a close solution! That qq player you were talking about.. well i found an english copy of it and it is sweet!!! I got a warning when i first dled it from ie saying someting about not being a common download and that little was known about it but i scanned it (a few times) opened it in sand box and its the real deal. I've gotta say its probably gonna be the closest solution im gonna get lol.. ive tried loading that zmp5.ax into regsvr32 a dozen ways and i keep getting error messages if you can still help me on that i would love to hear it. However in the mean time if you want to check out this english version of the qq player heres where you can find it at
http://www.filecluster.com/downloads/QQ-Player.html
and once you install it it takes you to an english verson if the qq players home page.. looks the same but in english im pretty sure i seen seen someting to the efect of uk qq player on the page.. oh well im rambling... thats what 26 hours of freaking out of a file i cant open will do to a guy lol oh its a great media player so go ahead and check it out!
shomesnehanjan
I am using the opera 12.0 Next, great browser and hell lot faster than the older versions of OPera. By far the Best Browser i have ever seen.
chartcentral
Updated to Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2, and to the latest Adobe Flash Player, now at version 10.3.183.7.
Navigator
shomesnehanjan wrote:
I am using the opera 12.0 Next, great browser and hell lot faster than the older versions of OPera. By far the Best Browser i have ever seen.

Is that a beta release? I would be very glad to test it as I have been an Opera user for a long time, it is a rock solid browser with amazing functionality.
FunDa
Linux again.

A friend who was new to computers with no prior exposure to Windows wanted a computer. We picked out a cheap laptop with DOS on it ( so that the cost of Windows is not added) and I installed Ubuntu for her.

Customized with some nice girly wallpapers and themes, set up VLC and Firefox.

Put Facebook and Google Plus as home pages and bookmarked everything else

Smile Made a computer literate individual in no time
i_needz_some_helpz
FunDa wrote:
Linux again.

A friend who was new to computers with no prior exposure to Windows wanted a computer. We picked out a cheap laptop with DOS on it ( so that the cost of Windows is not added) and I installed Ubuntu for her.

Customized with some nice girly wallpapers and themes, set up VLC and Firefox.

Put Facebook and Google Plus as home pages and bookmarked everything else

Smile Made a computer literate individual in no time

I used to have pc that i installed ubuntu on its a great os! But i didnt have a lot of time to play with it Sad
mgeek
I downloaded an update for Paint.NET. It is now in version 3.5.8
chartcentral
Downloaded Blueeee! IM for my mobile phone and Microsoft Garage's Mouse Without Borders (pretty cool application) for my computer! Smile
chartcentral
Downloaded and updated to Mozilla Firefox 7.0 and Mozilla Thunderbird 7.0. Seems like my preferred browser and email client is putting up big numbers fast. Hmmm. Smile
william
I also updated to Mozilla Firefox 7.0. It feels so odd, though, I remember being on 3.6 so recently and now the version numbers are increasing very rapidly. Laughing Also, this new version is supposed to use less RAM than before, though I've only seem a drop of maybe 10 MB at the most.
daselang
last download is Mozilla Firefox 7.0, I feel it much better than chorme
chartcentral
Downloaded and updated to the latest VideoLAN VLC Media Player, now at version 1.1.11. (All ones, eh? Hehe.) Smile
FunDa
Downloaded a bunch of Symboan applications for Nokia phone.

The most important was a file manager called Xplore.

It is good, fast, and there is a free version(which shows a 3 second nag screen only)

key features of "X-plore": · View all drives / folders / files on phone in tree view (Protected folders on Symbian 9.x are not accessible)
· Integrated text and image viewer
· View file details
· Edit file attributes (hidden, read-only, etc)
· Rename and delete files
· Create or edit text files · Create folders
· Multi-selection
· Copy or move files and folders
· Send files by Bluetooth or Infrared
· Extract files from Zip, Rar, Jar archives
· Pack files to Zip archive · View Word documents
· Hardware device info
· View processes and tasks (Available only on Symbian 7/Cool
· Built-in program update
· Viewing, saving files in Messaging folders
· Hex viewer and editor
· Search files
· Folder hotkeys · Simple audio player
· Simple video player (Available on Symbian 7.0s and higher) Requirements: · Symbian S60 3rd/5th Edition, Symbian ^3
· Windows Mobile 2003/5/6 Pocket PC or Smartphone
· Android 1.5 or later

A great app.

One software I miss is Google Goggles.

Google has not made a version of Google Goggles for Nokias60 mobiles yet Sad

If anyone finds it, or any other search with image applications for Nokia(other than the mostly useless Nokia Point and Find), please let me know.

I just want to have an app like Google Googles on my Nokia phpne !

Maybe even TinEye would be fine
mgeek
I downloaded Cyberduck and tried it. I had to uninstall it afterwards though.
RubyCat
- DVDVideoSoft Free Studio Manager Very Happy Free, and works perfectly!
- Chord Pickout (I play guitar and this software recognizes chords from a wave- or mp3-song)
mgeek
I am trying out Internet Explorer 9.
asnani04
I am trying out Internet Explorer 9. it's loads better than IE's previous versions, but it still doesn't stand up to the mark of Google Chrome or Safari. The upper bar occupies the least possible space, and that's much better than the previous versions. Also, it's quicker, but some features are still absent. It's looks aren't that good, neither is the option of searching as well as navigating. instead of combining both, it actually confuses both the elements of browsing.

According to me, chrome is by far the best browser, and Safari and Mozilla follow suit. Razz Shocked
FunDa
Accidentally downloaded and installed Adobe Reader for reading pdf files.

I had stopped using the Crapware Bloatware Adobe Reader more than a year back, but had to format and reinstall the computer.

Instead of getting Foxit or Sumatra pdf reders like I usually do, ended up onstalling Adobe Reader to see if they had changed their evil ways after all these years of complaints.

But NO, they are still Bloatware (even more than earlier) and wastes system resources in just simply opning a simple pdf file.

And search: How difiicult is it to have a simple, fast search/find function !? It took ages to find a particular phrase in an eBook. The same thing was done by FoxIt reader is less than 1/3rd the time.

Shame on you Adobe Reader.

Also, ask my permission before wasting my limited bandwidth to dowload updates to ur crapware :/
silverdown
I Recently downloaded dropbox a server where u can get 2 gigs of storage space FREE and sync between multiple machines or support devices.
mgeek
silverdown wrote:
I Recently downloaded dropbox a server where u can get 2 gigs of storage space FREE and sync between multiple machines or support devices.

Dropbox is very useful.
iyepes
I hardly can remember, I do it almost dayly to test anything. I think the last one was moodle, I don't know
User_X
The last today was an updated versions of F-Secure BlackLight, Google Chrome & Flash for IE

Edit:
And an updated host file
http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

I post this edit to ask if anyone can suggest a better host file that is updated regularly?
pioneer987
xampp apache server and aptana studio Smile
chartcentral
Recently downloaded version 8 of Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, as well as Winamp 5.622. Smile
FunDa
Latest version of Audacity Music editor.

pen Source music editor that really rocks.

Many many thanks to the open source community that made it possible and made it almost as good as the very very costly professional audio editors.

Nice plugins ! Smile
mgeek
I downloaded Open Office and installed it into a new computer.
portoskt
i have start to use linux recently, and now i download tones of software for it... just to learn how to use it properly
ricardinhu
Auslogics Registry Cleaner
mgeek
I recently downloaded Clipboard Help and Spell from Donationcoder
chartcentral
With my Mozilla Firefox acting up, I just downloaded and installed Google Chrome. It's fast and nice so far. No Firefox has gotta redeem itself soon or I'm keeping Chrome as my new default browser. Smile

Also upgraded to Yahoo! Messenger 11.5. Can't find much improvements and new features though. But just the same, it's good to be running the latest version of this software. Smile
chartcentral
Just downloaded an update to Dropbox, now at version 1.2.51. Smile
deanhills
I had some issues with trying to create Trusted Sites in IE8 (I can't upgrade to IE9 as I'm still on Windows XP). It just did not want to take. Then decided to delete IE8 completely and then discovered that MS Expression Web actually can only really work with IE. It also contained proxy settings of my ISP. So eventually had to re-upload IE8. Then tried the Trusted Sites setting again, and no dice. IE just does not want me to get those sites that I have identified as trusted sites to be loaded without that pink warning address bar. Grrrrrr .......
meiz
I just downloaded SearchMyFiles v2.05 from Nirsoft. Smile
meiz
Just a few minutes ago, i downloaded and updated Firefox from 9.0 to 10.0. Rolling Eyes
mgeek
I am trying out PowerDVD
sixstring_psycho
Secunia PSI ... updater for other programs I use. Not just regular updates, but it tells you if any programs are no longer supported/updated and security updates for both Microsoft and regular programs. Seems to be working pretty good so far.
kta_fh
I downloaded Pinnacle Studio 15 HD Ultimate trial version from avid. I have used version 10 earlier and am now checking is the SW still usable for my purposes = cutting a 2 camera video with external audio and then authoring it all into a DVD with a menu and chapters.
meiz
Today i downloaded and updated the Thunderbird from 9.0 To 10.0. Wink Wink Wink
mgeek
I am trying out Techsmith's Camtasia studio so I downloaded it. Took some time.
meiz
I just downloaded and updated the SUMo to v2.17.2.137. Cool

SUMo, which stands for Software Update Monitor. Thanks to SUMo you'll be able to keep your PC up-to-date by using the most recent version of your favorite software ! Unlike build-in auto update features, SUMo tells you if updates are available before you need to use your software.
mgeek
I updated USBSafelyRemove to the latest version.
deanhills
meiz wrote:
Just a few minutes ago, i downloaded and updated Firefox from 9.0 to 10.0. Rolling Eyes
Thanks for the heads up. I was on 9.0 and unaware of an update. But it's so dead easy. Just go into About Firefox, and it just does everything automatically. No need to log out. It first closes all the windows automatically, and then it opens them automatically too at the end of the update. Wonder what the update was about? Shocked Laughing
meiz
deanhills wrote:
meiz wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. I was on 9.0 and unaware of an update. But it's so dead easy. Just go into About Firefox, and it just does everything automatically. No need to log out. It first closes all the windows automatically, and then it opens them automatically too at the end of the update. Wonder what the update was about? Shocked Laughing

And now i'm downloading update of v10.0.1. aha, the amazing frequency of the firefox updates! Surprised Surprised Surprised
meiz
Last night i updated firefox to v10.0.2. Smile
mgeek
Man, I just upgraded Firefox to 10.0.2. Frequency of updates?
tamilparks
myself also upgraded the Firefox to 10.0.2
FunDa
The very very latest version of my favorite open source media player - VLC

VLC finally reached version 2.0 and I'm happy to say there are lots of good things in this media player.

I always wondered how Firefox suddenly reached so many versions ahead without much improvement recently. Somehow, Firefox stopped being my favourite browser and I am now using Chrome
chartcentral
Recently downloaded and installed Mozilla Firefox 10.0.2 and VLC Media Player 2.0.0, like the previous posters before me. WinkSmile
meiz
And now i'm downloading the SUMo no RK Version 2.17.4.139. (SUMo, which stands for Software Update Monitor. Thanks to SUMo you'll be able to keep your PC up-to-date by using the most recent version of your favorite software ! Unlike build-in auto update features, SUMo tells you if updates are available before you need to use your software. ) Cool Cool Cool
meiz
Today i updated the CCleaner to version CCleaner 3.16.1666.

The change log of this version as follow:

- Added Scheduled Task management in Startup tool.
- Added Option to close running browsers when cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome History cleaning.
- Improved Aurora History cleaning.
- Improved Windows 8 compatibility.
- Added cleaning for AIMP 3, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 and AlZip.
- Improved cleaning for Snagit 10, AntiVir Desktop, Ashampoo Burning Studio 11, and Adobe Acrobat 9.0 and 10.0.
- Reduced 64-bit EXE memory usage.
- Minor GUI improvements.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Chellesei
I recently downloaded the latest version of Firefox. I uninstalled it some time ago that's why I have to install it again with the latest release. haha.
mgeek
I downloaded Tree Notes. It looks so basic. MyNotesKeeper seems to be better by a long shot.
meiz
Yesterday i downloaded the Setup_BullzipPDFPrinter_8_2_0_1394.exe and gslite.exe.

Change log (8.2.0.1394):

Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview 32 bit (x86).
Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64 bit (x64).
Discontinued support for Windows 8 Developer Preview.
Commercial version without Ghostscript dependency available on request.
Internal API functions isolated in PdfInternal interface.
Improved uninstaller.
Updated translations.
Minor tweaks.

Wink Wink Wink
meiz
I just downloaded sumo_nork.exe 3.0.0.142.

Rolling Eyes
meiz
Just updated the firefox to v11.0. Wow, exciting!

Change log of this version:

* NEW
- With Sync enabled, add-ons can now be synchronized across your computers
- Firefox can now migrate your bookmarks, history, and cookies from Google Chrome
- The CSS text-size-adjust property is now supported
* CHANGED
- Redesigned media controls for HTML5 video
* HTML5
- The outerHTML property is now supported on HTML elements
- View source syntax highlighting now uses the HTML5 parser
* DEVELOPER
- The Style Editor for CSS editing is now available to web developers
- Web developers can now visualize a web page in 3D using the Page Inspector 3D View
- SPDY protocol support for faster page loads is now testable
- XMLHttpRequest now supports HTML parsing
- Files can now be stored in IndexedDB
- Websockets has now been unprefixed
* FIXED
- Various security fixes
- Firefox notifications may not work properly with Growl 1.3 or later

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
mgeek
I updated my TreePadXenterprise to the latest version.
hakaner
I recently downloaded winmend auto shutdown.
tranthetoan
wireshark for capturing packets in my personal network, I used it for troubleshooting problems Smile
chartcentral
Currently downloading (installation will follow after) VLC Media Player 2.0.1. Smile
meiz
Just downloaded and updated the Notepad++ from v5.9.8 to v6.0.

Notepad++ v6 new features and enhancement:

1. PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) is supported.
2. Add Document Map feature (via Menu "View->Document Map").
3. Enhance the loading performance for the large file.

Idea Idea Idea
FunDa
chartcentral wrote:
Currently downloading (installation will follow after) VLC Media Player 2.0.1. Smile

Awesome..

I still remeber when VLC VideoLAN Player was still version 0.9

Now its gone up to version 2.0.1 and its good

Smile I love the open source free software community ..

Three cheers to them !!!!!!!!
amagard
Just downloaded Notepad++ V6. Has been featured on Lifehacker today.

Notepad++ is my favorite editor for writing code. One great enhancement in V6 is the Document Map View, a graphical representation of the entire document you are working on, highlighting the area currently visible in your editor. A great way to quickly move around in your document !
chartcentral
Hi amagard, thanks for the heads up on version 6 of Notepad++. Just downloaded it and installed (upgraded) already. Smile
deanhills
chartcentral wrote:
Hi amagard, thanks for the heads up on version 6 of Notepad++. Just downloaded it and installed (upgraded) already. Smile
Aha .... I should get up to date as well. Thanks for the heads up!

meiz
I updated the SUMo to v3.0.4.148. Idea Idea Idea
busaboss
I had made a lot of downloads in the past few days because I want to pump up my android phone to give me a new flavor. First, I downloaded the MIUI ROM for my evice. It is based on Cyanogenmod7 2.3.7 but it has some enhanced and cool features. Next, I downloaded a bunch of themes to suit my needs. Then, I downloaded again my installed because this time I forgot to back them up. I'll just mention a few since they are so many. Android Assistant, Advance Task Killer Pro, Aging Booth, Fat Booth, 4Shared download, Titanium Backup, and a lot of more but I'm tired to mention them all. Smile
mgeek
Just an update for ComicRack
meiz
Now I am downloading Notepad++ v6.1.

Change Log:

* Fixed bugs:
- Fix search/replace bug while Doc Map is opened.
- Fix User Defined Language syntax highlighting problem while Doc Map is opened.
- Fix Chinese characters showing problem while Doc Map is opened.
- The old behaviour of comment/uncomment w/o selection is restored.
- Fix selecting all the text in doc map while clicking on doc map dialog caption.
* Included plugins:
- Spell Checker v1.3.3
- NppFTP 0.24.1
- NppExport v0.2.8
- Plugin Manager 1.0.8
- Converter 3.0

Razz Razz Razz
meiz
And Updated Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free to 1.61.0.1400

Improvements:

• Up to 25% faster Quick scans for 64-bit operating systems.
• Chameleon usability enhancements.
• Enhanced reliability of program updates with additional security checks.
• Password command line enhancements (paid version only).

Issues Fixed:

• Scheduled scan logs now include accurate protection status.
• Context menu 'Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' now displays in selected language.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
meiz
And updated uTorrent to 3.2 Beta 27026.

µTorrent is a small and incredibly popular BitTorrent client.

Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled

Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, µTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 2.4.0.0 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.

Resource-Friendly

µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 1 MB in size.

Skinnable and Localized

Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. µTorrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!

Actively Developed and Improved

The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.
Kusemun
I downloaded the scilab. It is a really useful free software. With this, you can simulate lots of situations to know what will happen. Imagine: a ball falling in the air. There is the air resistance. And you can not find an equation that describes its movement. So, you use this program to make a graph! It is really good!
mgeek
An update for All My Notes Organizer.
meiz
Now I am downloading the latest Alcohol 52% Free Edition v2.0.2.3929.

Now supports Windows 8 Consumer Preview
Version 2 release includes a brand new User Interface with full unicode support
New Folder Management, and enhanced Reading engines.
You can download a new plugin for version 2 that will allow you to convert your discs to MP3

There are no limitations on this version, other than the ability to create only 6 virtual drives. Our retail version still supports 31 virtual drives.

Remember you can not run Alcohol 52% if you have Alcohol 120% installed on the same drive.

This version of Alcohol 52% is for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only.The license is provided personally to you and for that reason it does not allow you to make any duplicate (copy) to be sold, borrowed, assigned, leased or transferred.

Emulation software allowing users to play CDs DVDs without the need for the physical disc. Notebook users and PC Game players would benifit the most from Alcohol 52% Supports 25 plus languages Can handle up to 6 virtual CD DVD-ROM drives, all at once. The reading speed of a virtual CD-ROM is 200X.

This means you can play a CD from the virtual CD-ROM with 200X reading speed. Supports normal CD DVD and CD RAW sub-channel reading methods: RAW reading method enables to emulate all CDs.

CD formats supported: CD-DA, CD+G, CD-ROM, CD-XA, Video CD, Photo CD, Mixed Mode, Multi-session CD DVD formats supported: DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio Support for all current (ATAPI SCSI) drives: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW Full support for IEEE-1394 (Firewire) and USB protocols.

Winner of the 2006 Epsilon Award at the sixth annual European SharewareConference

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
meiz
Just updated the Bullzip PDF Printer to v8.2.0.1406.

2012-04-10 (8.2.0.1406)

New settings EmbedAllFonts and SubsetFonts.
Writes a job.ini file with print job information in the printer's temp folder.

Free PDF Printer

The Bullzip PDF Printer works as a Microsoft Windows printer and allows you to write PDF documents from virtually any Microsoft Windows application.

This program is FREEWARE with limitations, which means that it is FREE for personal and commercial use up to 10 users. It does not contain any advertising or popups. For commercial applications with more than 10 users there is a commercial version of the product available at www.biopdf.com.

Wink Wink Wink
busaboss
I just made an update of 20 of my applications and games. Very Happy
meiz
Just updated Notepad++ to v6.1.1.

Notepad++ v6.1.1 modification and fixed bugs:

1. Enhance project's license (GPL) to avoid the other malicious websites bundle Notepad++ release with their parasite software.
2. Fix selectAll-copy-paste on the same document crash bug while document map has been activated.
3. Fix a regression about auto-completion feature.
4. Fix focus on document map problem after its launch.

Included plugins:

1. Spell Checker v1.3.3
2. NppFTP 0.24.1
3. NppExport v0.2.8
4. Plugin Manager 1.0.8
5. Converter 3.0

Razz Razz Razz
FunDa
meiz wrote:
Just updated Notepad++ to v6.1.1.

Notepad++ v6.1.1 modification and fixed bugs:

1. Enhance project's license (GPL) to avoid the other malicious websites bundle Notepad++ release with their parasite software.
2. Fix selectAll-copy-paste on the same document crash bug while document map has been activated.
3. Fix a regression about auto-completion feature.
4. Fix focus on document map problem after its launch.

Included plugins:

1. Spell Checker v1.3.3
2. NppFTP 0.24.1
3. NppExport v0.2.8
4. Plugin Manager 1.0.8
5. Converter 3.0

Razz Razz Razz

Wow, that's cool..

I din't know that it had plugins ! I guess I will be using Notepad ++ more often now. that's for this.
chartcentral
Downloaded and installed Vanbasco, it's a MIDI and karaoke software for Windows. Smile
meiz
Just downloaded and updated the Firefox to v12.0.

The Web is all about innovation, and Firefox sets the pace with dozens of new features to deliver a faster, more secure and customizable Web browsing experience for all.

User Experience. The enhancements to Firefox provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web. The new Firefox smart location bar, affectionately known as the "Awesome Bar," learns as people use it, adapting to user preferences and offering better fitting matches over time.

Performance. Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.

Security. Firefox raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.

Customization. Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox lets users customize their browser with more than 5,000 add-ons.
alimddine
I think Trackmania.
meiz
Just downloaded and updated the CCleaner to v3.18.1707.

This version's Change Log:

- Added support for Firefox 12 final release.
- Added support for Google Chrome 20.0 beta.
- Added multi-select to detailed results view.
- Improved support for Internet Explorer 64-bit Add-ons.
- Improved folder detection algorithm for cleaning items.
- Improved scrolling interface for Include/Excluding dialogs.
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7 alt-tab functionality.
- Improved user interface for Drive Wiper Tool.
- Added cleaning for Corel VideoStudio Pro X5, MS Security Client and GIMP 2.8.
- Improved cleaning for OpenOffice 3, AIMP 3.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.

Cool Cool Cool
meiz
And updated the Notepad++ to v6.1.2.

Notepad++ v6.1.2 fixed bugs:

1. Fix Notepad++ hanging bug due to the opened file containing a half of UTF-8 double byte sequence at the end of the file.

Included plugins:

1. Spell Checker v1.3.3
2. NppFTP 0.24.1
3. NppExport v0.2.8
4. Plugin Manager 1.0.8
5. Converter 3.0

meiz
Just now I downloaded and updated the Foxit Reader to v5.3.0.0423.

Change log:

# New Features:
* Supports viewing RMS-protected PDF files with the dynamic watermark.
* Added the option ˇ°Tile Large Pagesˇ± to the print dialog box. With this new feature, users can tile pages that are larger than the selected paper size at a specified scale. The whole page content will be divided and printed on pieces of paper.
* Provides users with three update options, allowing users selecting the most appropriate upgrade method according to their requirements.
* Automatically changes the hand tool to the select text tool after moving the cursor to the text content.
* Supports controlling preference dialogue with the keyboard shortcuts.
# Improvements:
* Added the option ˇ°Read from Current Pageˇ± to the Read Out Loud feature, which makes the system read out the PDF content from current page to the end of the file.
* Improved the user interface elements, including arrow comment, Facebook interface, etc.
* Added the toolbar mode switch icon to the toolbar, simplifying userˇŻs manipulation.
* Shows the progress bar before displaying the content when opening the PDFs in the web browser.
* Improved the accuracy of highlight location, enabling the highlight area more agree with the target text.
* In the Full Screen mode, places the toolbar in the location adjusted last time.
* Supports using arrowheads to switch the file tabs when opening multiple PDF files, which is convenient for users when the tabs cannot be arranged in a row.
# Bug Fixes:
* Fixed an issue where users cannot open the attachments of PDF files in XP and Windows7.
* Fixed an issue where the high screen resolution disordered the layout of the installation interface.
* Fixed an issue where note comments cannot move with the marked content when dragging the scroll bar to view a file.
* Fixed an issue where a large blank area appeared in the toolbar when reading PDF in web browser.
* Fixed an issue where users cannot use the arrow keys to view the search results.
* Fixed an issue where the system executed an action if user typed the shortcut key in the text input box.
* Fixed an issue where users can only selected the Snapshot area in the current visible area.
hakaner
Just downloaded HandBrake 0.9.6 to reduce my high-sized videos.
deanhills
Driver for my new LED LCD - Samsung SyncMaster 150
Josso
Sansa Clip firmware updater

Never seen one crash but I thought I might as well. I use it as a kind of backup when I'm using certain audio channels on my radio server. It works a lot harder than I think anyones ever pushed one of these.
Hello_World
instagram. love it.
sysna
i've recently downloaded Foxit pdf viewer and i think it is a lot better than adobe, it is faster in loading huge files and the design is really beautiful in their latest version. there is only one problem and is that it can not integrate to all browser i only got it working in firefox.
lucascoelho
Talking about PDFs, I downloaded the trial version of Adobe Pro, which seems really interesting for who needs to work a lot creating and editing PDFs, but it didn't help much to what I needed. The best solution I had just downloaded which is a solution for PDF annotation and file organization for research, from Mendeley group.

I also downloaded Octave which seems to work fine, just like Matlab, but without the high prices.

Besides that, there's Advanced System Care, still working fine for me!
FunDa
Downloaded Foxit Reader and then unisntalled it and tried PDF X change ..

Both are good but using different different software to see which is more comfortable for the functions i will be using ...

Adobe Reader is so full of bloatware that I never use it nowadays ! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
meiz
I'm now downloading the Revo Uninstaller 1.94:

Fixed minor bugs
Updated language files.

Revo Uninstaller is a much faster and more powerful alternative to "Windows Add or Remove Programs" applet! It has very powerful features to uninstall and remove programs.

No more stubborn programs
No more installation errors
No more upgrade problems
Remove programs easily

Razz Razz Razz
shareshots
I have just downloaded the Calibre e-book management application update 0.8.51. This program is great for managing my e-book collection. You can upload books right to your e-book reader or set it up as a file server so you can download e-books through a wireless connection. There are tons of features in this pc app. I like it so much that I even donated a few buck toward development.

You can get it at http://calibre-ebook.com/
nepalstar
Whenever I need any kind of software first of all I google it...! I've just download the software named "Phrase Express" which is very useful application. This software is like the Auto correct feature of Microsoft Word. This application help us while chatting with somebody using any application or working in any application and when we think about the auto correct feature of MS Word, that works exactly the same way.
Now I'm using the free version of "Phrase Express" want to have full professional version of this software.
welshsteve
I tried Aimer's DVD Creator software. Can seem to create great menus, very customisable, and you can create your own chapters etc. But it's slow and clunky when using large files, and the program kept crashing, so I give up on it in the end.

I have now downloaded a couple of others, Easy DVD Creator, and DVD Maker. See how I get on with them, because the Windows Live DVD Maker I tried yesterday burned the DVD disc up to 99%, then decided to tell me it didn't work. 2-3 hours WASTED!!! Not happy
chartcentral
Downloaded and installed Bing Desktop. After trying it though, I don't think it will be of much help to me. Smile
FunDa
chartcentral wrote:
Downloaded and installed Bing Desktop. After trying it though, I don't think it will be of much help to me. Smile

Yeah ... Its mostly useless.

I had installed Google Desktop earlier, but stopped using it .. Now I think i t has been removed completly
FunDa
welshsteve wrote:
I tried Aimer's DVD Creator software. Can seem to create great menus, very customisable, and you can create your own chapters etc. But it's slow and clunky when using large files, and the program kept crashing, so I give up on it in the end.

I have now downloaded a couple of others, Easy DVD Creator, and DVD Maker. See how I get on with them, because the Windows Live DVD Maker I tried yesterday burned the DVD disc up to 99%, then decided to tell me it didn't work. 2-3 hours WASTED!!! Not happy

I tried some video editors and finally found that VideoPad Video Editor was the only free one I found tat could do some basic video editing that I actually wanted.

Windows Movie Maker can do many things but it is not very reliable for many things.
mgeek
Just an update for Notepad++ (6.1.1.).
meiz
Just downloaded and updated the SUMo 3.1.1.156 no RK version.

Wink Wink Wink
heimi
Just an update FF 12
playfungames
It was kind of hard for me to figure out what the last program I downloaded was. I checked and I found out that it was DUC 3.0, a simple program to make sure than a domain forwards to my ip.
meiz
Just downloading the CCleaner 3.19.1721.

Change log:

- Added option to skip User Account Control (UAC) warning.
- Added support for Firefox 13.0 beta.
- Moved Thunderbird to be cleaned separately.
- Improved Aurora History cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome Saved Passwords cleaning.
- Improved Scheduled Tasks detection.
- Improved Uninstaller Installation Date on XP.
- Added cleaning for BitDefender.
- Improved detection for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, VLC Media Player and Avast! Antivirus 6.
- Minor bug fixes.

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! Smile

Cleans the following:

Internet Explorer
Firefox
Google Chrome
Opera
Safari
Windows - Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
Registry cleaner
Third-party applications
100% Spyware FREE

Confused Confused Confused
meiz
Just updated the Defraggler 2.10.413.

Change log:

- Defragmentation speed improved by up to 30%.
- Optimized free space algorithms.
- Re-architected scheduling manager.
- Improved the fragmentation calculation during Defragmentation.
- Fixed keyboard support for scheduler.
- Minor UI tweaks.

Most defrag tools only allow you to defrag an entire drive. Defraggler lets you specify one or more files, folders, or the whole drive to defragment.

When Defraggler reads or writes a file, it uses the exact same techniques that Windows uses. Using Defraggler is just as safe for your files as using Windows.

At a glance, you can see how fragmented your hard drive is. Defraggler's drive map shows you blocks that are empty, not fragmented, or needing defragmentation.

Give your hard drive a quick touch-up with Quick Defrag
Organizes empty disk space to further prevent fragmentation
Defragment while you sleep - and wake up with a faster PC. Set Defraggler to run daily, weekly or monthly
Full Windows OS and Multi-lingual support
Boot time defrag of system files
Supports 37 major languages

Defraggler is made by Piriform, the company that also brought you CCleaner and Recuva, so is completely free!
Razz Razz Razz
mgeek
I updated my iDailyDiary
lightningleo
I just downloaded Corel PaintShop Pro X4... it is a great software if you are looking alternatives to Adobe Photoshop (i advice you not to change if it is CS5 or CS5.5).. well.. taking a looking-around-a-bit.. but still it is a good software... I am currently using the trial.. but if I like it.. i will buy it.. but chances are very less.. still using..

good luck if you are downloading it too..
vaishnavsm
I just downloaded KompoZer for linux.
mgeek
I downloaded the update for AMLPages, one of the better note-taking tools around.
Josso
meiz wrote:
Defraggler is made by Piriform, the company that also brought you CCleaner and Recuva, so is completely free!
Razz Razz Razz

I might just try that actually. CCleaner is a well designed and stable program.
meiz
I just downloaded and updated the Notepad++ to v6.1.3. The enhancement and fixed bugs of this version as follows:

1. Enhance the performance issue for xml matching tags highlighting and for displaying clickable links.
2. While the amount of file to open is larger than 200, a dialog will be shown to warn user.
3. Fix Notepad++ close bug while move one cloned new empty document into another view, in the destination contained only this new empty document.
4. Fix hanging problem while double-click on a project folder then (immediately) drag it.
5. Fix a bug while command argument contain an empty string ("").
6. Fix mouse cursor disappearing bug on right click while a project item is dragging.

Included plugins:

1. Spell Checker v1.3.3
2. NppFTP 0.24.1
3. NppExport v0.2.8
4. Plugin Manager 1.0.8
5. Converter 3.0

blueray
The lastest download from a few days before was,

1.) Notepad++ 6.x, it includes much more better memory management.
2.) Apple safiri
3.) blender

And more download is coming soon ...
lightningleo
I'm now downloading the Camtasia Studio 7.1.. its a great software..
its use is for screen capture.. but very advanced.. you can do anything with the captured video.. its just great...
i'm recommending you all this software..
you can download the trial from here

good luck..
mgeek
I downloaded an update for

Evernote,
    Avira
mgeek

Evernote,
    Avira
mgeek

Evernote,
    Avira
meiz
Just downloaded and updated SUMo to v3.1.3.158 and updated utorrent to v3.2.0.27295.

Surprised Surprised Surprised
saratdear
I'm getting a new PC for myself in 2 days! Smile

Just downloaded all the Autodesk Student edition softwares that I'll need for my architecture education.

Autocad Revit Architecture 2013
Autodesk 3ds Max
Autodesk Maya (Not really needed for Architecture, I know)
Gimp
mgeek
Update for BitTorrent.
meiz
Now I am downloading the Firefox v13.0. wow!!!

This version's change log:

# NEW
* When opening a new tab, users are now presented with their most visited pages
* The default home page now has quicker access to bookmarks, history, settings, and more
# CHANGED
* SPDY protocol now enabled by default for faster browsing on supported sites
* Restored background tabs are not loaded by default for faster startup
* Smooth scrolling is now enabled by default
# DEVELOPER
* 72 total improvements to Page Inspector, HTML panel, Style Inspector, Scratchpad and Style Editor
* The column-fill CSS property has been implemented
* Experimental support for ECMAScript 6 Map and Set objects has been implemented
* Support for the CSS3 background-position property extended syntax has been added
* The :invalid pseudo-class can now be applied to the element
* The CSS turn <angle> unit is now supported
meiz
And the lastest Thunderbird v13.0.

Change log:

* NEW
- Filelink: Upload your files to an online storage service and send links to your friends, avoiding bounce back due to large attachments. We have partnered with YouSendIt to bring this feature, but additional partners will be added in the near future.
- In partnership with Gandi and Hover, you can now sign up for a personalized email address from within Thunderbird. Along with your new email address, Thunderbird will be automatically set up and ready to send and receive messages. We are working with additional suppliers to cover more areas of the world and to provide more options in the future.
* FIXED
- Various security fixes
* CHANGED
- The minimum system requirements for Windows are now Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later.
meiz
Just downloaded and updated the Process Explorer to v15.20.

Change log:

- A Task Manager replacement
- Merges Autoruns functionality by adding a new Autostart Location column and property to the process and DLL views that indicates where an image is configured to automatically start or load.
- It also adds .NET stack walking support to the thread stack dialog
- Adds a process timeline column that graphically depicts a process’s lifetime relative other processes
- Uses the Windows 8 private ETW logger which enables better coexistence with other ETW-based tools

Cool Cool Cool
meiz
Just downloaded and updated the Foxit Reader to v5.3.1.0606.

Foxit Reader is a free PDF document viewer, with incredible small size, breezing-fast launch speed and rich feature set. Its core function is compatible with PDF Standard 1.7.

Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is just a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size.
Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users' permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.

andro_king
THE LATEST APPLICATION I DOWNLOADED IS GOOGLE DRIVE..... this allows me to sync me with my smartphone,personal computer,laptop and my tablet.. now i have my files everywhere on the cloud..
cybersa
hiDownload

This software is used to download a streaming video from rstp protocol.
hakaner
Downloaded flux to sleep better Smile Very clever software. Adjusts the monitor's color settings depending on the time in your geographic location (day/night).
chartcentral
Recently downloaded the new update to Mozilla Firefox, now at version 13.0.1. Smile
chartcentral
Recently downloaded and installed updates to Orbit Downloader and Yahoo! Messenger. Smile
chartcentral
Recently downloaded and installed the latest Notepad++ (version 5.9.6.2). Smile
meiz
I just downloaded and updated the Notepad++ to v6.1.4.

Change Log:

# Enhancement and fixed bugs:
* Fix a crash issue of Windows 8's Computer Manager due to Notepad++'s Shell Extension (Explorer's context menu).
* Walk around for a right click issue (crashing on right click) in Windows Explorer in all versions of Win 7 and Vista. Issue was caused by a conflict among Shell Extension (Explorer's context menu) of Symantec Antivirus, Net iD component and Notepad++.
* Fix a regression in clickable link feature.
* Add "reload from disk" command entry in tab context menu.
# Included plugins (Unicode)
* Spell Checker v1.3.3
* NppFTP 0.24.1
* NppExport v0.2.8
* Plugin Manager 1.0.8
* Converter 3.0
meiz
And downloaded and updated the CCleaner to v3.20.1750.

Change Log:

- Added Windows Explorer Context Menu management to Startup tool.
- Added Windows 8 Release Preview compatibility.
- Added Opera 12 support.
- Updated History cleaning for Aurora.
- Updated History cleaning for Chrome Canary.
- Improved UAC bypass code.
- Improved accuracy for uninstall items installation date and size.
- Improved Scheduled Tasks detection.
- Improved cleaning algorithm duplication detection.
- Improved file and setting removal when uninstalling.
- Minor bug fixes.

chartcentral
meiz wrote:
I just downloaded and updated the Notepad++ to v6.1.4.

So I didn't actually update to the latest version of Notepad++, wondering now why the updater only detected v5.9.6.2. I'll check when I get home. Smile
chartcentral
Updated my Google Chrome browser to the latest version. Wow, it's at v20 already! Smile
deanhills
Haha! For the first time FileZilla. Been resisting it for years. I'm too impatient to learn all of the bells and whistles, but the sailing was incredibly smooth. Put my info on top of the FileZilla page. It instantly opened the remote Website. Then dragged files from one side to the other, in this case from the remote site to my hard disk. That WAS fun!
chartcentral
My Skype experience is being improved with this latest update I'm downloading and installing now. Also, my Notepad++ is now at version 6.1.3. Smile
blueray
I have downloaded a new version of foxit reader and its party package kingoffice.
It seems that the kingoffice can be used as a replacement of ms office, I wish it could be !

Also updated my flash player to 11.3, notepad++ 6.1.4 and php 5.4.4 and its documentation.
Josso
deanhills wrote:
Haha! For the first time FileZilla. Been resisting it for years. I'm too impatient to learn all of the bells and whistles, but the sailing was incredibly smooth. Put my info on top of the FileZilla page. It instantly opened the remote Website. Then dragged files from one side to the other, in this case from the remote site to my hard disk. That WAS fun!

It's really simple interface probably better than most FTP clients I've used anyway. I used SmartFTP for years until they basically said yeah you'll have to pay for it now. No way was it as reliable or easy to use.
mgeek
I downloaded an update for Atlantis Wordprocessor
cybersa
Just now downloaded chrome browser for my Android mobile.
Its working well on Xperia Neo V.
meiz
I will download the Process Explorer 15.21.

Change log of this version:

- Fixes a bug related to the autostart functionality introduced in v15.2
- A tooltip display bug
- A bug that prevented display of kernel stacks

Wink Wink Wink
meiz
Just downloaded the Notepad++ v6.1.5.

The fixed bugs of this version:

1. Fix a html tag match freezing issue.
2. Fix the sidebar splitter failed in Windows 8 issue.
3. Fix un regression: folding/unfolding performance issue.
4. Fix tab context menu in the other localization regression due to adding new command "Reload".
5. Fix lower/UPPER case on selected text which contains NULL characters.
6. Fix wrap/unwrap line position not being kept bug.
7. Fix xml syntax highlighting broken because of php preprocessor instruction inside.
8. Fix a GUI bug which shows empty tab row while closing a last tab in a row (in the multi-line tab mode).

Included plugins:

1. Spell Checker v1.3.3
2. NppFTP 0.24.1
3. NppExport v0.2.8
4. Plugin Manager 1.0.8
5. Converter 3.0

meiz
I'm downloading the Java Runtime Environment v1.7.0.5 (32-bit).

- This release contains fixes for security vulnerabilities.

Wink Wink Wink
blueray
Updated my Notepad++ to 6.1.5.
Downloaded foxit reader and kingoffice suite free 2012, Nero Kwik Media and 4. Ashampoo Burning Studio Free.
chartcentral
Recently downloaded and installed updates for Mozilla Thunderbird, now at version 13.0.1. Smile
meiz
Now I am downloading the KMPlayer v3.3.0.33.

Change Log of this version:

- Added Web Search Bar.
- Supports Blu-Ray Play.
- Supports DIVX(xsub) Subtitle(AVI files only).
- Added video codec ProRes(APCH, APCN, APCS, ACPO, AP4H).
- Added video codec(IV50, RV40).
- Fixed AVI source filter(Supports playing damaged file).
- Fixed MKV source filter(Improved performance).
- Fixed RM, RMVB file seek error & Supports damaged file play.
- Fixed ASF file error.
- Fixed URL Play for AVI file.
- Fixed display infomation for MP3 bitrate.
- Fixed background resize error of SWF play.
- Fixed overflow of memory error when external audio file is used.
- Fixed access violation when updating.
- Fixed file name display error while starting a playback.

chartcentral
Recently download and installed the latest version of Nokia Suite. Smile
nepalstar
I recently download application is Google Book Downloader. Which download google books but it does not download entire books. Do anybody have better solution to download google book? plz share with me.
Thanks in Advance.
meiz
I downloaded and updated the Process Explorer v15.22 a few minutes ago.

- This release addresses a bug that caused Process Explorer to crash when viewing .NET thread stacks of 64-bit Windows XP and 64-bit Windows Server 2003.

Cool Cool Cool
meiz
This afternoon I downloaded the Firefox v14.0.1 and the Thunderbird v14.0.

Razz Razz Razz
Navigator
Being strict (and boring as hell), I just downloaded a Windows Update.
deanhills
Along the same theme I downloaded a Flash update. Just noticed Firefox is prompting me for downloading a Version 14 update. So that will probably be my next one.
mgeek
I downloaded an update for treepad
tr0mp3t3
I've downloaded Crunchbang Linux today and installed Tor/Vidalia, Icedove (Thunderbird) & Midori on it. Great os and great software! Very Happy
pauline123
Just recently, I downloaded FileZilla. Not a whopper of a surprise or anything but I needed a new install of it (on my Windows partition). That program still meets its merit for an install. I hope it stays maintained and updated for as long as it is needed. Sometimes open source projects fall to the side and do not get noticed until they have been unmaintained for quite some time and then sometimes it is too late for them.
deanhills
Mine was quick and easy - Firefox Update to 14.0.1.
meiz
I will download the SUMo(Software Updates Monitor) v3.3.1.163 from www.kcsoftwares.com .

Razz Razz Razz
cnmdlb007
WinScp

a realy good ftp and sftp client work on windows.
debaroon
Just downloaded VLC update and CCleaner update too.

_Debaroon
meiz
Just downloaded and updated the CCleaner v3.21.1767.

- Added support for Windows Server 2012.
- Added Opera plug-in cache cleaning.
- Added benchmarking for Cleaner summary results.
- Improved Startup Tool loading algorithm.
- Improved Drive support in Drive Wiper tool.
- Improved Font Cache cleaning.
- Improved Wildcard behavior in search boxes.
- Improved System Restore discovery.
- Improved Windows 8 identification.
- Added cleaning for Universal Extractor.
- Updated Internet Download Manager cleaning.
- Added Tatar translation.
- Minor GUI improvements and bug fixes.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
meiz
And downloaded the Homedale v1.30.

New: Option to disable oui.txt file download

Homedale::WLAN Monitor
Description:
With Homedale you can monitor the signal strength of multiple WLAN Access Points.
You can view a summary of all available access points with their

signal strength
encryption [WEP/WPA/WPA2]
speed
channel
other settings

You can also see the signal strength of selected access points in a graph over the time. With a right mouse click, you can start logging and create a screenshot.

Cool Cool Cool
menino
has anyone tried glary utlities? I downloaded an update to it yesterday.
Glary Utlilities is a nice software to clean your registry and system (windows mainly), and also has a built-in trojan remover.
Its free by the way, and avvailable at glarysoft.com. Choose the free download version and enjoy.
chartcentral
Downloaded and installed the latest K-Lite Codec Pack (version 9.1.0). I chose the Standard package. Smile
chartcentral
Downloaded and installed Avira Protection Cloud Technical Preview 0.1.0.1. Also had program updates to Avira Free Antivirus.
meiz
Downloaded and updated the SUMo v3.3.2.164.

Summary

SUMo, which stands for Software Update Monitor. Thanks to SUMo you'll be able to keep your PC up-to-date by using the most recent version of your favorite software ! Unlike build-in auto update features, SUMo tells you if updates are available before you need to use your software.

Features

Automatic detection of installed software
Detects required updates / patchs for your software
Filter / authorize Beta versions (user setting)
Ignore list : only tracks software YOU want to track
More compatibility and less false positive than others Update Monitors (according to users feedback Wink
Internationalization support.

Awards
Best Free Software Update Monitor by Tech Support Alert

mgeek
I have been downloading apps for my IPad
meiz
Just downloaded the SUMo v3.4.0.166.

Razz Razz Razz
meiz
I downloaded the AutoHotkey_L v1.1.08.01.

AutoHotkey_L is a fork of AutoHotkey which adds a long list of new features and fixes some bugs. Anything that can be done with AutoHotkey can also be done with AutoHotkey_L. Scripts written for AutoHotkey will also run on AutoHotkey_L, with some exceptions (see Warning below).

Commonly-used features include:

#if expression allows context-sensitive hotkeys to be activated based on whether an expression is true or false.
Unicode and x64 support for greater portability; Unicode is a must-have for international users.
COM and ActiveX support, allowing scripts to access many other automation technologies.
Built-in array support simplifies dealing with lists of values and other data structures.
Support for icons in menus and numerous enhancements to the Gui commands.
New built-in variables, functions and other enhancements; read more.

Many more optional features are aimed at experienced users:

New control flow statements and language capabilities such as Loop..Until, named loops and variadic functions.
Optional warnings, #Include <Lib> and the local function library are especially useful for larger projects.
Step through code line by line, inspect variables and more, with interactive debugging features.
Objects can be used as simple data containers, or behaviour can be customized by scripts.
Try..Catch and Throw for structured exception handling.

chartcentral
Recently downloaded the SanDisk Media Manager. Smile
pauline5765
I downloaded winhttptrack to download online sites so i could browse them still online. I'm only using it for personal use anyway so I guess that's okay.
Radar
Probably an update for something.
blueray
I have downloaded the open flex sdk 4.6.

p.s. The full Adobe flex sdk 4.6 have some downloading issues, but the open flex sdk 4.6 works as expected.
Ghost Rider103
Unfortunately, due to some people abusing this thread for spam purposes, I'm going to go ahead and close this for the time being.

The thread has been open for quite some time now anyways, so perhaps one day someone can re-create something similar so the software will be more up to date.

-close-