FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sound drivers? Acer notebook

Andrew426
Have an Acer aspire 3000 notebook, Has just had a fresh install of windows XP as it was given to me without a harddrive or battery, and i put my own in and installed XP from a disc I had around. I have downloaded drivers for wireless and bluetooth from the acer website, which both work. However, the audio drivers I downloaded dont work at all. Have installed Realtek audio 5.10.00.7590 XPx86. The driver properties say that it is installed and working, but there is still no sound coming out. All volume controlls are turned up - though the keyboard controlls (Fn + [up] or [down]) dont seem to be doing anything.

Frih$ 50 for any assistance that helps fix this.
tdossi
Hello, with the Nokebook keyboards is a disaster. One never knows which settings it just has. Connect first an external one.
tdossi
Hello,
if you have then already on the Internet, for example, with:
http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/tm_240.html
after the suitable driver in request?
Andrew426
I solved the problem (sorta). Turns out the speakers built into the laptop are not actually connected. My brother (who I got the laptop off) never re-connected them when he reassembled it after diagnosing a fault in it.
tdossi
Hello. Nice you have found the problem and the laptop again functions. A lot of fun with your laptop. tdossi Applause