FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do employers feel if you travel a lot?

Starrfoxx
My family and I are full-time RV'ers, but not old enough to retire. We travel from place to place and pick up jobs where we go.

The question that comes to my mind is whether or not employers are not going to be very encouraged to hire someone who travels every 3-4 months regardless of their experience. The fields I apply in have been customer service related such as call centers and waiting tables.

I'm curious if anyone else has traveled and picked up jobs where they go and have had some trouble.
coreymanshack
Starrfoxx wrote:
My family and I are full-time RV'ers, but not old enough to retire. We travel from place to place and pick up jobs where we go.

The question that comes to my mind is whether or not employers are not going to be very encouraged to hire someone who travels every 3-4 months regardless of their experience. The fields I apply in have been customer service related such as call centers and waiting tables.

I'm curious if anyone else has traveled and picked up jobs where they go and have had some trouble.

I think an employer will hire someone that is going to stay with less experience over you.

I would.
Georgeboy
I don't think that your travel experience will be a plus for the jobs you're searching. But it seems not a problem for me at the jobs you are working that you are not staying for long time...
_AG_
Jealous because they cant do it too.
jwellsy
I know a lot of contractors that travel a lot. Many people only work 6 months or less out of the year. Check out http://www.roadtechs.com/ . It's easy to travel from one power plant outage to the next and live in an RV.

You can also join the Gold Prospectors Association of America for like $65 a year and have access to free RV camping all across the country, and find some gold.
http://www.goldprospectors.org/Membership/GPAA/tabid/67/Default.aspx