FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

God's of Anime: Otaku

Stanley9811
I was wondering if there were any extreme Anime collectors. I've been collecting for a while now and I have a little over 1.043TB of Anime on my computer at the moment but I never seem to be able to remember all the details about every Anime. I was wondering if there are any Anime God's out there who could share their wisedom on how to remember it all and what to look for when investing in Anime.
j00gotpwnd
I don't know how extreme I am, but I do have a 250GB external hard drive devoted to anime. It is almost constantly filled with my to watch anime and some personal favorites. Have you signed up for the site myanimelist.net? It is a great way to organize, rate, review your anime. You can also meet people watching the same show and discuss certain episodes. So far I have had a great time there, and bet you would as well!
Stanley9811
j00gotpwnd wrote:
I don't know how extreme I am, but I do have a 250GB external hard drive devoted to anime. It is almost constantly filled with my to watch anime and some personal favorites. Have you signed up for the site myanimelist.net? It is a great way to organize, rate, review your anime. You can also meet people watching the same show and discuss certain episodes. So far I have had a great time there, and bet you would as well!

Yup, myanimelist.net is very handy, though it's kind of sad it says that if I had been watching Anime 24/7 it would have taken me two hole months to watch every single episode I've watched so far again. Well thanks for that, just IM me your name and I'll add you, I haven't socialized much on there yet
positive_vibes
i seem to have a very similar problem. i dont keep my anime, as i just dont have enough drive space for it. i tend to watch all streaming anime now, and it drives me nutts when i forget about the anime ive watched. my biggest problem has been clicking on a random anime, and getting through about 2-3 episodes before i realize i have already watched the whole damn series. im definately going to have to check out that myanimelist.net site, might be just what i need to keep track of the thousands (not really sure how many, but definately too many) of hours ive dedicated to watching anime.
upenggsoc
..put your heart and soul everytime you watch anime.. then you will just realize one day that your knowledge about anime is already part of your instinct.. didn'y it sound great? LOL
amperx
forgetting the anime you've watched is kinda weird, for me all the anime i've seen so far, i haven't forgotten it, althought not every detail, but not to the extent of forgetting it lol, maybe your just watching anime for killing time, rather than really enjoying it?
jigoku05
^same here. I have watched over 200 anime titles and I can still remember details even from the oldest ones.

I don't usually download anime only when I really like the series coz my diskspace is really small hehe. And I burn it on a DVD right away. I just watch them on streaming sites.
paskifire
yay jigoku is an otaku! Very Happy
jigoku05
^ no otakus are gross! lol!
EximiusNero
I tend to fill up my hard drives very quickly with anime, but I just bought a 1TB (~930 GB) Hard drive and I love it! I really want to burn all my anime to DVD's but I'm faced with the dilemma of burning them as data (to be played on xbox360) or as regular DVD's (for all DVD players).

If I burn them as data I can fit a lot more episodes on a disc, but I don't have the option of changing subtitles or languages....so I guess I will burn them as a DVD but that takes so long Sad
jigoku05
^Lucky you! You have a 1TB disk. I used to burn it as video and it took me hours converting. A 4.7gig DVD can contain only about 9 episode while if you burn it as Data, you can fit a whole 24+ episodes series. Have you tried burning on a Dual Layer DVD? It's 8.5gig.
paskifire
Lucky Me!
jigoku05
^ spammer! mods please delete his account then ip ban him nao! Laughing