FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My dog's 18ys birthday!

Cliffer
my dog is 18 years old this year,she's now a grandma dog in my community.

Wish her happy birthday!
deanhills
Happy Birthday! How fit is she? Is she still physically OK? What kind of dog is she?
lethaltriad
Wow 18 years old! thats great, the oldest my dogs live to is about 14yrs which is about 98 in doggy years. What kind of dog is she and whats her name?
wellerchap
Happy doggy birthday, old girl....here's hoping you have a good few more in you yet, too !
mtorregiani
Quite a milestone, that's an extremely old age for a dog. I remember my old dog, it died at the age of 13... and it was quite sick.
How's the health of your pet?
Cliffer
thanks for you all ! my dog is old now,she can't jump and run fast,and if walked a little bit long road,she felt very tired,but she still looks young and beautiful. she's not a pure type,she's a mixed type,white fur,looks like a fox.

i can't upload picture here,or i will show her to you.
Cliffer
oh,i searched a photo by google,it's very like my dog,but my dog's nose is brown color,not black.

[img]http://tbn3.google.cn/images?q=tbn:OS8_cEVRsbzzsM:[/img]

http://tbn3.google.cn/images?q=tbn:OS8_cEVRsbzzsM:
deanhills
Cliffer wrote:
oh,i searched a photo by google,it's very like my dog,but my dog's nose is brown color,not black.

Maybe you need to get a new puppy and it will serve two purposes. It will keep the older dog still young, and if it should get to a time that it has to pass on, it will be less of a great hurt, as when dogs die, it can be worse than when family dies. Having another dog, may make it slightly easier to deal with. Since you treasure your old dog, the dog may be able to teach the puppy some good things too, as puppies usually like to copy behaviour like us humans tend to do too when we are small kids, so something of your old dog will always stay alive. Smile
natilovesmike
Happy Birthday to your dog! I hope you throw her a beautiful party! with lots of doggy friends and dog treats! click click!
desonium
Happy birthday dog!

What an age for a dog! 18 years!! Shocked you don't hear that much.
joostvane
Tell her happy birthday from me ;p And 18, thats very old for a dog :O You must take good care of her.
Cliffer
natilovesmike wrote:
Happy Birthday to your dog! I hope you throw her a beautiful party! with lots of doggy friends and dog treats! click click!

party,haha~~your idea is very good! if she can live to 20years old,i plan to make a party for her.
Cliffer
desonium wrote:
Happy birthday dog!

What an age for a dog! 18 years!! Shocked you don't hear that much.

thank you! yes,she's 18years! and one of my neighber's dog is 16 years now.
Cliffer
deanhills wrote:
Cliffer wrote:

Maybe you need to get a new puppy and it will serve two purposes. It will keep the older dog still young, and if it should get to a time that it has to pass on, it will be less of a great hurt, as when dogs die, it can be worse than when family dies. Having another dog, may make it slightly easier to deal with. Since you treasure your old dog, the dog may be able to teach the puppy some good things too, as puppies usually like to copy behaviour like us humans tend to do too when we are small kids, so something of your old dog will always stay alive. Smile

oh,yes,i want to find a new puppy for her.but my city has a policy that one family can only feed one dog. i can't break the rule.
Cliffer
joostvane wrote:
Tell her happy birthday from me ;p And 18, thats very old for a dog :O You must take good care of her.

oh, thank you! i'm very kind to her. i love her very much!
deanhills
Cliffer wrote:
oh,yes,i want to find a new puppy for her.but my city has a policy that one family can only feed one dog. i can't break the rule.
That is really sad. Most dogs need a little friend. Can you get a kitten instead? Smile
tchaunt
Dang! O.o 18 years old in HUMAN YEARS is something I've only heard once before. Congratulations on having a healthy dog at that age! And happy 18th to her!
michaeljscott93
WOW! Happy birthday!

It was my Dog's Birthday on the 10th, he's five!
andysart380
WOW thats an old dog....must be very active and healthy to live that old! whats your secret?
Dean_The_Great
That is intense!! 18 years! Wow, there's nothing wrong with that. That's longer than I've ever heard of a dog living. A cat once, but never a dog.
jabce85
i've never seen an 18 year old dog.. that is extremely old for a dog.
ocalhoun
jabce85 wrote:

Dean_The_Great wrote:
That is intense!! 18 years! Wow, there's nothing wrong with that. That's longer than I've ever heard of a dog living. A cat once, but never a dog.

Confused
What?
I've never seen a dog die of natural causes younger than 20... It isn't very unusual for one to live to 18...
Maybe I've just been mislead by only knowing large dogs that lived in rural areas, so they got lots of exercise...

Perhaps a small dog that never leaves the house wouldn't live as long...
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
jabce85 wrote:

Dean_The_Great wrote:

Confused
What?
I've never seen a dog die of natural causes younger than 20... It isn't very unusual for one to live to 18...
Maybe I've just been mislead by only knowing large dogs that lived in rural areas, so they got lots of exercise...

Perhaps it depends on the breed of dog. For example Dachshunds may tend to gain weight as they get older, and have a natural shorter life span. Maltese dogs tend to be more highly strung as they grow older, probably because they are so intelligent. My experience is around 12 years max. So 18 years are really impressive.
JinTenshi
Happy birthday to ye ol doggie =D *scratch your dog behind the ears* i love dogs. XD
Crazy_Canuck
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
jabce85 wrote:

Dean_The_Great wrote:

Confused
What?

Perhaps it depends on the breed of dog. For example Dachshunds may tend to gain weight as they get older, and have a natural shorter life span. Maltese dogs tend to be more highly strung as they grow older, probably because they are so intelligent. My experience is around 12 years max. So 18 years are really impressive.

Not to mention the giant breeds have a very short life span. Their size is just too much for their hearts. Breeds like the Great Dane, the Mastiffs, and the Irish Wolfhound among others, tend to have shorter life expectancies. Their life span is more in the 7 to 10 years max. I agree 18 years is very impressive, 12 to 14 is more what I am used to.
scallywag
Eeeps, that is impressive! Give her a big birthday cuddle from me! I hope my boy gets to be that old. He's only 7 though so guess I've got a while...
roadmouse
Impressive! I've never seen a dog of 18 years old. I hope she'll make 19 and then some more...
Congratulations! Smile
Cliffer
deanhills wrote:
Cliffer wrote:
That is really sad. Most dogs need a little friend. Can you get a kitten instead? Smile

kitten?oh yes it can. but i don't like kitten,and my neighber feeds some birds,a kitten from another family came to eat his two birds,he hates kitten very much.
Cliffer
tchaunt wrote:
Dang! O.o 18 years old in HUMAN YEARS is something I've only heard once before. Congratulations on having a healthy dog at that age! And happy 18th to her!

Thank you!
Cliffer
michaeljscott93 wrote:
WOW! Happy birthday!

It was my Dog's Birthday on the 10th, he's five!

Thank you! your dog is five?oh, it's golden age!
Cliffer
andysart380 wrote:
WOW thats an old dog....must be very active and healthy to live that old! whats your secret?

oh yes,she's very old,but i don't know the secret,she just grows up by naturally. maybe because she never eat raw meat.
Cliffer
Dean_The_Great wrote:

oh,cat can live 18 years? i dont't cat's life, maybe 18 yeas also a long life for a cat?
Cliffer
JinTenshi wrote:
Happy birthday to ye ol doggie =D *scratch your dog behind the ears* i love dogs. XD

Thank you!
Cliffer
scallywag wrote:
Eeeps, that is impressive! Give her a big birthday cuddle from me! I hope my boy gets to be that old. He's only 7 though so guess I've got a while...

Thank you! i believe your dog can live more than 18!
Cliffer
roadmouse wrote:
Impressive! I've never seen a dog of 18 years old. I hope she'll make 19 and then some more...
Congratulations! Smile

Thank you! and i hope so !
Radar
That is quite insane. Congrats.
Jamestf347
thanks for you all ! my dog is old now,she can't jump and run fast,and if walked a little bit long road,she felt very tired,but she still looks young and beautiful. she's not a pure type,she's a mixed type,white fur,looks like a fox.

awwwws what type of dog is she? and wow as healthy as she seems she should have a few more good ones in her Smile
Cliffer
Radar wrote:
That is quite insane. Congrats.

thank you!
Cliffer
Jamestf347 wrote:

awwwws what type of dog is she? and wow as healthy as she seems she should have a few more good ones in her Smile

oh,that's pity,she hasn't any one in her. she did operation and her womb was cut when she's very young. but now she's still healthy.
Cliffer
thanks to you all!

for her age18 birthday,i made a video for her,then you can see her now. here's the link:

http://www.engford.com/node/230

hope you enjoy!
deanhills
Thanks for the Video Johnson. I really like WangWang. When I first saw her in the movie she looked almost young, but when she started to move around I could see she is much older. Also when you made close-ups of her face. It was a nice video. Smile
Cliffer
deanhills wrote:
Thanks for the Video Johnson. I really like WangWang. When I first saw her in the movie she looked almost young, but when she started to move around I could see she is much older. Also when you made close-ups of her face. It was a nice video. Smile

oh,thanks deanhills! i'm very happy to know you like my dog and that video!