FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Politician A B or C?

Politician A B or C?
Politician a: associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. had two mistresses. he also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Politician b: kicked out of office twice, rises from bed at 11am, used opium in college and drinks champagne, brandy, and whiskey to excess every day.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Politician c: a decorated war hero. vegetarian, doesn't smoke or drink, and hasn't had any extramarital affairs.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

WHwarsInc
I'm curious who would you chose? In the poll above choose Politician A, B, or C. They are:

Politician a: Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. Had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Politician b: Got kicked out of office twice, rises from bed at 11am, used opium in college and drinks champagne, brandy, and whiskey to excess every day.

Politician c: Is a decorated war hero. vegetarian, doesn't smoke or drink, and hasn't had any extramarital affairs.

Have you chosen? O.K. good now scroll down and see who you picked.
NOTE: These are real politician and these are their real manerisms.

This far enough? I hope. Alright these are the three politcians:

If you chose Politician A who: associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. had two mistresses. he also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

You chose President Teddy Roosevelt

If you chose Politician B who: was kicked out of office twice, rises from bed at 11am, used opium in college and drinks champagne, brandy, and whiskey to excess every day.

You chose Winston Churchill

And if you chose Politician C (which you most likely did) who: is a decorated war hero. vegetarian, doesn't smoke or drink, and hasn't had any extramarital affairs.

You chose Adolf Hitler

So who'd ya choose?
deanhills
For me this is a good example why polls can be deliberately misleading so that people would choose a specific option. In this case the poll can say people have a preference for Hitler, even when obviously nobody really likes him. Of the three I like Teddie Roosevelt best, Churchill would not be a preference at all, and Hitler would not be on my list either.
ocalhoun
Well, you could make the poll a lot more fair by adding "likes to kill millions of Jews" to politician C's description...
Phinx
That would not be fair at all. No one knew how it will turn out and that jews will be killed in packs. As said above, a perfect example how you can end up choosing someone you will later on hate and detest. But wait...This still continues to this day...All hail Gordon Brown! IF you voted for him, you have no right to complain.
lagoon
Churchill was a decorated war hero and Hitler wasn't a vegetarian.

Your poll kinda fails... Confused
LostOverThere
lagoon wrote:
Churchill was a decorated war hero

No-one said he wasn't.

lagoon wrote:
Hitler wasn't a vegetarian.

Yes he was
lagoon
LostOverThere wrote:
lagoon wrote:
Churchill was a decorated war hero

No-one said he wasn't.

If your poll says one candidate is a war hero, but neglects to say another is because a certain result is desired, the poll isn't good.

LostOverThere wrote:
lagoon wrote:
Hitler wasn't a vegetarian.

Yes he was

No he wasn't.

By Hitler's personal cook in Hamburg in the 30's, Dione Lucas:
Quote:

"I do not mean to spoil your appetite for stuffed squab, but you might be interested to know that it was a great favorite with Mr. Hitler, who dined in the hotel often."

By Hitler's definitive biographer:

Quote:
"Hitler's asceticism played an important part in the image he projected over Germany. According to the widely believed legend, he neither smoked nor drank, nor did he eat meat or have anything to do with women. Only the first was true. He drank beer and diluted wine frequently, had a special fondness for Bavarian sausages and kept a mistress, Eva Braun… His asceticism was fiction invented by Goebbels to emphasize his total dedication, his self-control, the distance that separated him from other men. By this outward show of asceticism, he could claim that he was dedicated to the service of his people. In fact he was remarkably self-indulgent and possessed none of the instincts of the ascetic."

I also noticed you used wikipedia as a source. The main sources that the wikipedia article cite are by Nazi propaganda chief Josef Goebbels. That man was trying to portray the image of a caring man to German voters. Could this perhaps explain why he said such things?
Jinx
I would have picked a or b even not knowing who they were. Never trust a person with no vices - they aren't being honest.
deanhills
Jinx wrote:
Never trust a person with no vices - they aren't being honest.
Well said, especially when they are wearing a cross on their arm! Twisted Evil