FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't acess my site with mobile phone server is blocking it.

catscratches
Hi Everybody!

Recently I tried to access my site from my mobile phone. The result is an error message saying: Internal Server Error.
After having a look at the apache error log I find this:
Code:
mod_security: Access denied with code 500. Pattern match "(libwhisker|paros|wget|libwww|perl|curl|java)" at HEADER("User-Agent") [severity "EMERGENCY"] [hostname "catscratches.frih.net"] [uri "/"]

The site is accessible with both Firefox and IE.

I've found how to disable mod_security using an .htaccess file but I have not tested it yet because I don't want to disable it. Is there any way to configure mod_security to let cellphones through? (Because obviously any other cellphone with same or similar internal browser may also get blocked).
Or does anyone have another solution to this problem?

I have not looked at what User-Agent my cellphone has, yet, but apparently it contains one of the above. I'll check it if needed.
If you need it I can setup a local server so that you can get a look at an HTTP request from the mobile.

Edit: I've checked the user agent header now and it contains information about the Java platform on the phone. And since anything containing "java" is filtered out it fails.
Here is the User-agent header:
Code:
User-Agent: SonyEricssonW715/R1EA Browser/NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 JavaPlatform/JP-8.4.2

Profile, Configuration and JavaPlatform are all related to the java installed on the phone.
Is there any way to filter out "java" but not something containing "JavaPlatform"?