FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Get backers (the anime)

have you watched Get Backers?
yes
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
no
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
half
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
only parts of it
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

ato784
Hey,

I just stumbled on to this series and wondered if anyone watched it

so far it is good
QrafTee
Seen it. Ending is a bit rushed.
Stanley9811
I own the whole collection.

However I have to admit the overall story is not as good as it could be. I enjoyed it but in the end it just didn’t have the kind of ending I was hoping for there was too much left unanswered.
crimson_aria
I've seen it, but I think probably only half of the series cause I can't really remember how it ended.
ato784
I heard that the manga had a different ending and that the reason that they ended the anime was because they had caught up with the manga, is this true?

I plan to read the manga either way, since I have enjoyed the series so far
amperx
i have watched the entire season, really good, its different from the manga though, but very good anime Very Happy FTW
QrafTee
ato784 wrote:
I heard that the manga had a different ending and that the reason that they ended the anime was because they had caught up with the manga, is this true?

I plan to read the manga either way, since I have enjoyed the series so far

Unfortunately many anime end prematurely because they catch up with the manga or they messed up royally in the fillers and made it impossible for the anime to get back on track (ie. someone dies, they make allies, learn new abilities, discovered something, revealed something, etc.)
jigoku05
^ I've never known an anime studio dumb enough to kill characters or do significant things in fillers. Unless it's deliberate and they plan to change the story from the start and that wouldn't be called fillers anymore. The purpose of filler episodes is to not let the anime catch up to the manga.
QrafTee
jigoku05 wrote:
^ I've never known an anime studio dumb enough to kill characters or do significant things in fillers. Unless it's deliberate and they plan to change the story from the start and that wouldn't be called fillers anymore. The purpose of filler episodes is to not let the anime catch up to the manga.
Rurouni Kenshin was taken off track because the filler royally messed up a continuity with the storyline so it had to end it prematurely--the OVAs were supposed to set some things straight.
jigoku05
QrafTee wrote:
jigoku05 wrote:
Rurouni Kenshin was taken off track because the filler royally messed up a continuity with the storyline so it had to end it prematurely--the OVAs were supposed to set some things straight.

I'm a big RK fan and watched every epi and OVA's but I never did read the manga. So what happend that messed it up.
ato784
jigoku05 wrote:
QrafTee wrote:
jigoku05 wrote:

I'm a big RK fan and watched every epi and OVA's but I never did read the manga. So what happend that messed it up.

I am also curious of that, however i felt that the ending was done right in the anime, even if it did not follow the manga. although it is always nice to follow the story, but alas not all of our wishes can come true.
amperx
Ive watch the whole series and yeah it was good! really good, but i agree with most posters, the ending was kinda lack the umph in it xd