Is there a way to access my Frihost POP3 email account with PHP?
I haven't tried it before. But have seen on some sites.
You can try using http://www.afterlogic.com/mailbee/webmail-lite.asp.
WebMail Lite is a community edition of full-featured WebMail Pro product intended for users which need just a clean and simple webmail which works fast, looks cute and is free.
What is the difference between WebMail Lite and Pro?
WebMail Lite and Pro Comparison
Modern AJAX user interface
Native XMail support
Address Book (contacts and groups)
Multiple mail accounts per user
Personal user settings
International charsets (including UTF-
Web admin panel
Allows modification of the source code
Hide comparison table
Installation and configuration of WebMail Lite is just a few steps, it even does not require a database. You get an easy-to-use web interface to check your POP3 inbox or send e-mails.
The integrated web administration panel allows you to manage the system settings without editing config files.
The AJAX user interface is optimized to keep response times low, and the smallest possible number of on-screen controls helps render it faster.
WebMail Lite fully supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera and is available for both major web platforms: ASP.NET and PHP. You can deploy it on a dedicated server or shared hosting account.
WebMail Lite can be used to access mail on virtually any POP3-enabled mail servers. If you do not have a mail server yet, take a look at AfterLogic XMail Server Lite which is the native mail server solution for WebMail Lite.
WebMail Lite is a free product and its support is driven by the community. For those who demand commercial level of support and maintenance along with extended functionality, WebMail Pro edition is available.
* Interface available in:
* easy to add
* AJAX (drastically speeds up user interface and saves traffic) and classic HTML (compatible with old browsers) versions UI
* Back button in AJAX interface mode is supported
* Receives and sends mails from/to local and remote POP3/SMTP servers
* Secure viewing HTML-formatted email messages, ability to view plain text version
* Reply, Redirect & Forward functions
* Deleting messages
* Printing a message from the browser
* Can view and download files attached to a message
* Save messages to disk
* Can show RFC-822 headers
* WebMail Administration via web interface
* Source code can be easily modified
* Minimal system requirements (Database engine is not required, any mail server can be used)
* Checkboxes in message list
* Handy preview pane stay on the same page while browsing e-mails in the mailbox
* Special mechanism (API) enables smooth integration of the product into your web site
* New interface languages, easy to add new language.
Platform: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2008/Unix/Linux
Supports: ASP.NET, PHP
Last update: 22 Jan 2009
I have just tried that webmail on my site. And used it to read my mails on Gmail. If that can read Gmail, then it can read all mails.
If you know SMTP and POP servers and ports.
And thank you, i have found a new way to read my mails.
That is very useful.
Thanks, both of you!