FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Filmaking and Graphics/Design Tips Forums

Ghost Rider103
Ok, I think something needs to be changed with the "Filmmaking and Graphics" category. There is too much of a mix of topics in there. We have threads that discuss different types of cameras...then we have other topics that have to do with digital design. These are two completely different subjects, and they need to be split up.

I personally think we need to remove the graphics part out of this category. Maybe change it to "photography"?

Then we will need another forum that actually has to do with design. We have design tips, which I think is an ok name for it.

But we need to have an area where all the designers on this forum will go. We all seem to be split up between Flmmaking and Graphics, Design tips, and Personal Art Gallery. This is pretty bad.

I think we need to remove the "Personal Art Gallery" and "personal pictures Gallery". As the personal photos can be posted in the new photography category. Then the personal art can be posted in the new design forum (or changed one).

We have things too mixed up here. We have people posting their photos in the filmmaking category, and also in the personal photos category.

So lets remove the two personal categories, change the Filmmaking and Graphics to just Photography. Change the "design tips" to Graphic and Web Design".

Or if we don't do that, we need to do something similar.

If someone else has other opinions as well I'd like to hear them. My idea might not be flawless, as I thought of how to change it within just a few minutes, but it would definitely be better that what we currently have. It would make things a bit more organized.

Also, we don't have to worry about loosing posts deleting the two categories. Just move everything from Personal Photos into the photography category, and then move everything from the arts category into the new design forum.

This would also shorten the forums up loosing two categories.
deanhills
Excellent idea. I especially like the idea of having a photography section. Much needed. Do we really need to have "personal photography"? As you're right, photography could include personal photography, maybe is personal anyway.

While they are at this, maybe there could be a brainstorming of the Webmaster and Scripting forums, as Website software may need to be under a different heading than scripting for example. Smile
Ghost Rider103
Yeah there is no point in having a "Photography" and a "Personal Photography" section, as they are in the same general category.

There is a lot of things that need to be thought over on this website, and I'm sure Bondings is aware of it. I just wish that something would be done about it.

I would post so much more in the design section if there was actually a main forum for it.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Yeah there is no point in having a "Photography" and a "Personal Photography" section, as they are in the same general category.

There is a lot of things that need to be thought over on this website, and I'm sure Bondings is aware of it. I just wish that something would be done about it.

I would post so much more in the design section if there was actually a main forum for it.
Ditto with me too in the Internet and Webmaster Forum sub-forums.
steve1200
Great idea, and I always think the same, when I open the forum... threads about filmmaking programs and about design tipps. A new structure would solve this problem.
Ghost Rider103
Well I'm glad you guys agree. I really do hope that we can get something happening with this idea. Along with the programming forums figured out.

These forums really need to be re-brainstormed. I really do hope that these are things that will be changed, as I know it will make my forum activity go up drastically.
steve1200
So what would be the next step?

I think we/you should start a survey to see if there are users who are completely against this change.

And, if not (or very less) we could ask the admins accomplish this change.

Right?
Ghost Rider103
The next step is I believe is for one of the admins to step in and agree and possibly do something about it.

It is very obvious that something needs to be changed around these forums and a lot of other members to agree. It's just a matter of getting Bondings to see that, and for him to find the time to fix it.

But will it happen? I am not sure. I don't think anybody can be sure on this one until Bondings steps in and says something.
colorexpertsbd
Thank you very much for your message.
You can find us very helpful about photoshop clipping related problem.
Please review the following site...
http://www.colorexpertsbd.com/
Diablosblizz
I think that 'Websites' and 'Link exchange' can be merged together, their basically the same thing.
ocalhoun
Diablosblizz wrote:
I think that 'Websites' and 'Link exchange' can be merged together, their basically the same thing.

No, link exchange is for setting up exchanges where one user puts a link to another user's site in exchange for the other user doing the same thing. Websites is for posting about websites you think are good or useful.
Diablosblizz
ocalhoun wrote:
No, link exchange is for setting up exchanges where one user puts a link to another user's site in exchange for the other user doing the same thing. Websites is for posting about websites you think are good or useful.

While that's true, or should be true, there are many topics which just post a link and doesn't ask for a exchange or etc. Some just put websites they've found, for example this.
ocalhoun
Diablosblizz wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

While that's true, or should be true, there are many topics which just post a link and doesn't ask for a exchange or etc. Some just put websites they've found, for example this.

True, what it's intended for isn't always what it's used for... and both aren't particularly busy forums anyway.