FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with my laptop unknown driver ACPI\IFX0102\1

shenyl
My new notebook Acer 6293 reported this unknown driver when I install my XP on it.

Do not know about this device ID - ACPI\IFX0102\1

Search on google - unable to resolve.

Anyone can help - it seem to do with my HD Audio - RealTek - as I am also unable to install the RealTek driver.

With best regards.
Donutey
There is probably a Utility that ACER provides that will automatically find drivers/updates for your particular computer (several other companies do this). Find the model of your computer in the support part of their site and look for downloads.
AftershockVibe
ACPI is power management. If it's a new notebook then there may only be Vista divers available, Win XP drivers may never have been created.

That said, if you can find out the name of the chip then there are probably drivers somewhere. For example, for your Realtek sound chip, if you look in the Notebook's manual and find the type of chip then there should be drivers available from Realtek's site. I've never had trouble finding Realtek drivers once I've worked out the Chip name.
shenyl
Thanks for the replies.

Yap, I found the latest RealTek Driver for the HD sound device. The problem encountered is that Acer kept the older XP drivers on their download site.

The Acer older version cannot be installed, but the newer version from RealTek works fine.

I was able to install and removed the problem from my XP installation.

Now in the midst of configuring my Acer Notebook and synchronizing my Older LG notebook with the new Acer Notebook.

Thanks for your help.