FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Creating a Successful Online Business

Ghost Rider103
Here's a little article I wrote on a few tips to making your online business successful.

The article was 100% written by me, but to avoid a somewhat long post, I'll just post a link to it.

You can view the article here: http://www.knrdesigns.com/articles/casob.php

If you have a digg account, I'd appreciate it if you visited it on Digg.com and "digg" it for me. http://digg.com/business_finance/Creating_a_Successful_Online_Business_Keeping_It_Going

Hope this helps you out some.
babarus
That is no so easy!
crossroads
Well I have to say that it does have the starting points of some good information to give to others. You have provided some good points like;

"Web design company's like KNR Designs are there to make your life easier. You, as a business owner, do not have the time to sit down for a few years and learn to be even decent at web design. This is why you as a business owner needs to find the right design company to design your next website."

This is pretty true because web design is not an over night process. You can not just install a program and be a professional at it. These things take time and some times money. Now when you are talking to clients about web design you want to make sure that you keep in mind that they are the ones that make the final choice. I have had times in the past that clients have come to me and want certain things to look certain ways and I find it to be tacky or I feel that it could be done a different way that may have a nicer outcome and at those times you either can give them your idea and see what they think or just allow them to decide what they want since in the end they are paying for it.

You may want to go back some time and go into more details about some of the things that you may do or provide as a service which will in the end allow clients to feel that you really know what you are doing and will then make them trust you more.
Ghost Rider103
crossroads wrote:
Now when you are talking to clients about web design you want to make sure that you keep in mind that they are the ones that make the final choice. I have had times in the past that clients have come to me and want certain things to look certain ways and I find it to be tacky or I feel that it could be done a different way that may have a nicer outcome and at those times you either can give them your idea and see what they think or just allow them to decide what they want since in the end they are paying for it.

I agree 100% here. Even though sometimes I strongly disagree with some things clients want specifically done their way, it is always the clients call in the end. I've done several projects where this has happened. But sometimes clients want things done specifically their way, even if it doesn't look nice to the designer.

I never argue the point though. I will simply make a suggestion, as it is my job as a designer to make it as eye catching as possible and keep the client happy at the same time. But in the end, I always let the client make the final call, no matter how bad I think it may look to me.