FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP and Mysql Project. Help

binsmyth
We are doing a project, just learning it. I don't know what to do for the architecture notebook. What do I write for the architecture. We are going to do an online testing system. It will have two parts - student and the teacher part. We are going to use php and mysql. But I don't know what kind of architecture it is going to be. I found online 3- tiered architecture but Is it going to be of this architecture. I am confused because 3 -tiered usually has a client and server architecture. but we have two clients student and teacher. Please help me
jinger89
From what I understand you're saying, you want help with PHP and MySQL is that right? You want help with the architecture, which I take you mean the syntax and the language itself.

I suggest you pop on over to WC3 School for help in PHP and MySQL help. I like that website a lot because it gives plenty of examples and takes you through learning the code step by step. Definitely a must see for all new web developers, or people unfamiliar with a certain language.
albuferque
Well, I'd go for MVC. The Model-View-Controller architecture decouples data access, business logic, data presentation and user interaction. Check this link for details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%80%93view%E2%80%93controller

Of course, I'd use a framework(BTW I prefer Ruby on Rails) like CakePHP but there are several flavors. CakePHP started in 2005, when Ruby on Rails was gaining popularity. The community has since grown and spawned several sub-projects. CakePHP is not a port of Ruby on Rails to PHP, but appropriates many of its useful concepts.