FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what the best country you have ever visited?

mogrem87
what the best country you have ever visited?
(other than yours)
aakoj
Korea
cemica
I think Italy have wonderful nature.
mikakiev
I quite liked Germany. The facilities are good and modern, the train was comfortable and clean and reliable, food such as sweets, bread and brust are yummy and beer was excellent.
Landscapes are good like in a fairy tale, though a friend of mine who had lived there for 7years said "Boring scenery. Germans tidy and sort things too much. I lost my wish to take pictures."
There were great museums of contemporary art!
Triple_7
Considering I've only left the US twice...once to Canada and the other Taiwan.

I have to go with Taiwan. Such a beautiful country if you get into the mountains. Easy to get around in the cities...took buses, rode mopeds, MRT lines...would usually hop a bus from Chung-Li to the Taipei Main station...could see quite a bit just riding the trains from place to place. Course it helps when you have a friend living there to stay with and show you around. Very interesting culture, and also some great food to be found. Cool

Really saddening to think of the damages left by Typhoon Morakot. Some of the villages I was in during my 2006 trip are now completely wiped out Crying or Very sad
eltongeorge
Absolutely Japan
Very neat and polite country I have ever been.
If you like shopping and eating, it's definitely a must to go
Although, the hotel rooms are small....
mikakiev
Somebody I know said that he had gone to the future after he visited there. Fast and punctual trains and tickets bending machines weren't broken....

I admit that the shopping is a big fun over there. Products are changing all the time and the absolute wide range of variety is astonishing.
Ophois
mikakiev wrote:
Somebody I know said that he had gone to the future after he visited there.
I have been to about 16 countries, but I have to admit... this beats them all.
Did you happen to ask how much it cost for him to go to the future? I imagine that would be quite an expensive vacation.
Christ0phe
What a question... A cluster of different views or feelings gathered in several places in or out of the same country would be my answer. To swim in an alpin lake in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a virgin nature, high cliffs, under flights of eagles. For me this is as impressive than strolling in the Taj Mahal gardens or being at battery park looking at the Statue of Liberty. I like Washington for the variety and quality of its museum (arts, sciences,...). I will never forget the sound of ice cubes in the Niagara falls in spring when the icy river starts to melt. Extremely impressive for the eyes and the ears. Or the view over the Abou Simbel temples at dawn before the first tourists come.
Just to name a few...
Cheers
AmparitoRoca
Well, I've only left Spain twice. And the best travel I've done was in London. London is wonderful. I think it is a city that is prepared to the future. The metro system is excellent and people everywhere you go is so gorgeus. So... if you've never visited London... you have to do it before death Wink
guggs
AmparitoRoca wrote:
Well, I've only left Spain twice. And the best travel I've done was in London. London is wonderful. I think it is a city that is prepared to the future. The metro system is excellent and people everywhere you go is so gorgeus. So... if you've never visited London... you have to do it before death Wink

Ha, ha, ha - very funny ! They say that sarcasm is the lowest form of humour but this post proves them wrong ... either that or you're getting London & its dirty, overcrowded, unreliable Tube (metro) system & its arrogant, aggressive people confused with some other city. I'm British, live 25 miles outside London and you'd have to pay me a LOT of money to go much closer even for a short time.
pelatros
JAPAN is an island country in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it lies to the east of the Sea of Japan, People's Republic of China, North Korea, South Korea and Russia, stretching from the Sea of Okhotsk in the north to the East China Sea and Taiwan in the south. The characters which make up Japan's name mean "sun-origin country", which is why Japan is sometimes identified as the "Land of the Rising Sun".
Japan comprises over 3,000 islands making it an archipelago. The largest islands are Honshū, Hokkaidō, Kyūshū and Shikoku, together accounting for 97% of Japan's land area. Most of the islands are mountainous, many volcanic; for example, Japan’s highest peak, Mount Fuji, is a volcano. Japan has the world's tenth largest population, with about 128 million people. The Greater Tokyo Area, which includes the de facto capital city of Tokyo and several surrounding prefectures, is the largest metropolitan area in the world, with over 30 million residents.

Archaeological research indicates that people were living on the islands of Japan as early as the Upper Paleolithic period. The first written mention of Japan begins with brief appearances in Chinese history texts from the first century A.D. Influence from the outside world followed by long periods of isolation has characterized Japan's history. Since adopting its constitution in 1947, Japan has maintained a unitary constitutional monarchy with an emperor and an elected parliament, the Diet.

A major economic power, Japan has the world's second largest economy by nominal GDP and the third largest in purchasing power parity. It is a member of the United Nations, G8, OECD and APEC, with the world's fifth largest defense budget. It is also the world's fourth largest exporter and sixth largest importer. It is a developed country with high living standards (8th highest HDI) and a world leader in technology, machinery, and robotics.

So this is the best country..