FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Admin i have a question....

metalfreek
Hello admin,
Can I use only the space you provide and use my own domain name instead of .frihost.org ?? I have a domain name and I just want to use the space you provide.

Thanks.
TVme
I'm not an administrator by any stretch, but I know you can do that... if you click on frihost.com home page and look to the right you'll see "sample sites" - these are frihost.com hosted sites with independent domain names.
metalfreek
TVme wrote:
I'm not an administrator by any stretch, but I know you can do that... if you click on frihost.com home page and look to the right you'll see "sample sites" - these are frihost.com hosted sites with independent domain names.

Ya man you are right. I come to the forum through that page and never noticed about that. How blind I was. Thanks for sharing. Another thing is that how do i do that? How do I redirect the domain name to the host. The form in which I am applying the domain name has these two fields Primary name server(IP address and hostname) and Secondary name server(Ip address and hostname). What should I give there?
AftershockVibe
You can look at those kind of server details for your account under your personal "Account" page.

Click the link in the bar above the forums. Or... just click here:
http://www.frihost.com/account/
metalfreek
I think ns1.frih.org is a primary nme server and ns2.frih.org is a secondary name server. Please correct me if i am wrong.

And regarding the ip address I found only one ie 64.**.***.** should I use this IP for both primary and secondary name server?

@AftershockVibe thanks for your help.
mOrpheuS
I'm not sure why you'd need to specify the IP address of the nameserver explicitly ...
but,
ns1.frih.org = 64.92.163.26
ns2.frih.org = 64.92.163.27

p.s. - your website should be the same address as ns1.frih.org, i.e., 64.92.163.26
metalfreek
mOrpheuS wrote:
I'm not sure why you'd need to specify the IP address of the nameserver explicitly ...
but,
ns1.frih.org = 64.92.163.26
ns2.frih.org = 64.92.163.27

p.s. - your website should be the same address as ns1.frih.org, i.e., 64.92.163.26

I am getting a bit confused about what to write in these fields. Please see the image.

What should I fill there?
Bondings
Normally you don't need to fill in ip addresses, so it seems (although I could be wrong) that this is the field for registering nameservers and not simply using them. If it would be the right form, then you need to fill in the ns1.frih.org in the hostname field and the ip address beneath it, the same for ns2.frih.org.

Which registrar (company) did you use for your domain? (I'll check out the help and point you to the right form)
metalfreek
Actually I am getting a free domain name provided by the largest ISP in My country. They give it for free and its like myname.com.np domain. You can find the form here http://register.mos.com.np/form.asp