FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Green Day 21 Guns = Full House Theme Song

gverutes
If anyone hasn't heard the new Green Day song on the radio, 21 Guns....The solo melody sounds exactly like the theme from TV's Full House:

Listen and I think you will agree --
GREEN DAY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNjiqygkBDw
FULL HOUSE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO5oDScu4ps
soljarag
umm... i'm not hearing it...
Magicman
I guess I can kind of hear a similarity but I don't think I would pick up on this unless I was looking for it. Can you point out a specific point in the song where the melody most obviously matches?
sandmanxyz
soljarag wrote:
umm... i'm not hearing it...

+1
gverutes
The point in the GD song is the guitar solo in the middle -- it matches the exact melody of the chorus for Full House
omershiloh
i know to play this song on my guitar
i love that song
tnxx
chartcentral
Yes, there is a similarity between solo guitar instrumental of "21 Guns" and Full House theme's chorus on the part where the lyrics go everywhere you look, but I don't hear any more anywhere else I listen. So I wouldn't call it exactly alike. Smile
gverutes
yes, i agree...with pop music there is a certain formula in terms of music theory. Pertaining to chord structure, most catchy songs have some rearrangement of the 1, 4, 5, and 6 chord.
What is sad is that all these awful pop stars have people in the studio that purposely write songs using this formula. Examples would be Miley Cyrus and Ashely Simpson. Worst thing is that most of these "stars" can't even sing so they use pitch modulation software to make their voice on pitch. Sorry to rant, but it is upsetting because there are so many talented artists that are struggling while these singers are making it rich from this process.

-BADABAROOOU