FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Amazing hardcore player

frecos
Do you know what kind of player is hardcore player. I tell what, this is called hardcore player

http://news.bbgsite.com/content/2009-07-16/20090716234825172.shtml

A 64 years old hard core player, Yeah Right...
pscompanies
Quote:
TheBuddha says:
Oh.. my .. goodnes, you're also a hardcore gamer like our first interview, this is special, since you have been playing for 4 years... i bet with NO doubt im willing to put money on it haha that you are also a high level player, i know the answer is yes so i wont even ask you if you are, but what i will ask is what exactly is your level in rune scape ?

Charlie-GSO007 says:
I am currently 132 P2P and 121 F2p

HAHAHA this is one cool grandpa.
j00gotpwnd
Any older person that plays video games is awesome in my mind. I love when older generations mesh with new technology. Sometimes the wonder you see in older peoples eyes when you show them how to do something on a computer, or show them the graphics on a new video game they are just stunned. Anyway I'm glad that this man found a hobby in gaming!
amperx
Oo, i cant believe at that age he'd find some hobby, rather than just be old and sit in a corner, cool guy
traxion
respect for him..

when im 65+ i will also be a hardcore gamers.. what else do you need to do Razz
joostvane
Awesome. But too bad the interview is so much into runescape, and nothing besides that.
Dean_The_Great
That's really friggin' awesome! I'm glad there are people his age getting into gaming. It's totally a great time user when you're retired!
Star Wars Fanatic
Cool interview, it's nice to see an old guy enjoying games, and it's good to see that older wiser people get addicted to Runescape just like I was Rolling Eyes

That being said, I did have a problem with this part of the article, where TheBuddha says
Quote:
this proves that gaming is for not just youngsters..

Since when does one person prove that a stereotype isn't true? This is the oldest gamer I've ever heard of, which isn't saying a whole lot, but still. Hardcore gaming is for youngsters.
And while this old man goes against the grain, that doesn't change a thing.
I won't get on Halo and play a game expecting Grandpa to kill me. It won't happen.

Now, that will change as this generation grows up and all of the youngsters play into their 90s (I'll be one of them), but right now, you won't see many over 50 playing games "hardcore".

And as someone mentioned in the comments of the interview, Runescape isn't hardcore gaming, even WoW is hardcore compared to RS...
It would be hardcore if he played Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 competitively, that would be so awesome.
eday2010
"Hardcore" gamer?

there is nothing "hardcore" about sitting on a couch and pushing some buttons.
slashnburn99
lol, cool nice find
miacps
eday2010 wrote:
"Hardcore" gamer?

Tell that to Smash Bros Melee pros.
JinTenshi
Haha! This is epic. He's set an example for us, let us all grow old and continue clicking that mouse and hitting those keys on the board. Or maybe not. Haha. Shows how addictive gaming is anyways. Don't know whether this should be classified as a good thing, or a bad one. Hmm. ^_^
eday2010
miacps wrote:
eday2010 wrote:
"Hardcore" gamer?

I will. And I will start right here.

Hey, Super Smash Bros. Melee "pros",

There is nothing "hardcore" about sitting on a couch and pushing some buttons.

There you go Smile[/i]
miacps
eday2010 wrote:
miacps wrote:
eday2010 wrote:
"Hardcore" gamer?

I will. And I will start right here.

Hey, Super Smash Bros. Melee "pros",

There is nothing "hardcore" about sitting on a couch and pushing some buttons.

There you go Smile[/i]

Hey, if a game can make you break out in an action induced sweat, it's pretty hardcore in my book. Razz
weableandbob
I wish my grandpa was like that =(
eday2010
miacps wrote:
Hey, if a game can make you break out in an action induced sweat, it's pretty hardcore in my book. Razz

So according to you, Wii Fit is "hardcore".
miacps
eday2010 wrote:
miacps wrote:

So according to you, Wii Fit is "hardcore".

Wii Fit is a video game? Confused
pll
It's nice for him!! He's happy playing runescape Laughing

He's surely a lot more open minded than a lot of people I know which are younger than him over the video games and computers stuff!