FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best video making program

Beny
I was wondering if anyone knows what is the best video making program like windows movie maker... I need one what is FREE and you dont have to pay for.

- Beny
ForceRun
Really the best apps are on Mac. On Windows, but I use Adobe Premier CS4, which is not free. Windows Movie Maker is not very good but it hey it is free. Other then that there arn't too many good options at all.
aningbo
you wont find a better one than windows movie maker which is available for free. get something like sony vegas or adobe premiere

even better, get a pirated copy if you can't buy it hehe... educational purpose. no harm done. u should buy and use only legal copies hehe
weableandbob
Wax and Windows movie maker are pretty much your only free options, and this should be in the "graphics and film making" section
Alaskacameradude
umm....actually there IS a program called iMovie which is free and comes with every Mac, so Windows Movie Maker is NOT the only free one out there. If you are going to be making videos seriously, I would HIGHLY recommend a Macintosh computer. Final Cut Pro is the most widely used editing software and has over 50% of the video editing marketshare. If you are working in video, chances
are, that sooner or later, you are going to have to figure out some basics of Final Cut Pro. Even
better, all the new Macs can work as a PC as well! Just partition your harddrive one part is a
Windows partition, the other is a Mac partition. Then every time you start your computer up,
you use Boot Camp to decide if you want it to be a Mac or a PC. So, you can run every piece of
video editing software out there, right on the same machine.....
pajser
I use Windows movie maker, its free, and i got good results every time.
ForceRun
Alaskacameradude wrote:
umm....actually there IS a program called iMovie which is free and comes with every Mac, so Windows Movie Maker is NOT the only free one out there. If you are going to be making videos seriously, I would HIGHLY recommend a Macintosh computer. Final Cut Pro is the most widely used editing software and has over 50% of the video editing marketshare. If you are working in video, chances
are, that sooner or later, you are going to have to figure out some basics of Final Cut Pro. Even
better, all the new Macs can work as a PC as well! Just partition your harddrive one part is a
Windows partition, the other is a Mac partition. Then every time you start your computer up,
you use Boot Camp to decide if you want it to be a Mac or a PC. So, you can run every piece of

Not free, you have to buy the Mac which cost an arm and leg in the first place, and doesn't run on Windows of couse.
Helios
Here is a list of open source video editing programs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_software_packages#Video_editing

You might want to check it out Smile
aningbo
i doubt u can make a worthwhile movie out of a free movie editor.
Alaskacameradude
ForceRun wrote:
Alaskacameradude wrote:

Not free, you have to buy the Mac which cost an arm and leg in the first place, and doesn't run on Windows of couse.

Well, OK, you DO have to buy the Mac. But if we want to go there, Windows Movie Maker
isn't free either, as you certainly have to buy the PC to get it!!!

And I didn't say a Windows machine could run iMovie. I just said a Mac can run Windows,
so with a Mac you get the best of both worlds. With a PC, you can not run FCP, which
is the most used non linear editor in the world. With a Mac, you can run anything,
Avid, Sony Vegas, FCP, Adobe Premiere, Edius, iMovie, and yes, even Windows Movie
Maker.
fadirocks
I have no real recommendation as last time I edited something it was back in 2002 with adobe premiere @ the univ computer labs, but check these two

http://vivia-video.org and http://sourceforge.net/projects/xjadeo/

if you want free open source stuff you just need to browse sf.net !!!
ForceRun
It is really not correct to say Macs can do it all, or run everything just because you can use boot camp, or run Windows in VMware. You can load windows on a ton of different hardware that Apple has never programed their OS for. But that is really not the question of the thread. Video editing software usually take a bit of work to program, so for the most part you are going to have to pay for it.
jonahbro
Beny wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows what is the best video making program like windows movie maker... I need one what is FREE and you dont have to pay for.

- Beny

windows live movie maker
ssweat
sony vegas is what I use. Windows movie maker is ok buit you need to have alot of memory it seems. I have had alot of issues with it locking up etc. You think microsoft couldc make a better program for video editing.
alex_cyber
I use several of them :

Sony Vegas Pro 9.0b ,
ArKaos Grand Vj ,
ArKaos Midi VJ,
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4,
Ulead Video Studio 11 Plus,

But for special effects is Arkaos the best
for classic editing is Vegas for me the best
k_s_baskar
Helios wrote:
Here is a list of open source video editing programs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_software_packages#Video_editing

You might want to check it out Smile

Thanks for the useful link Helios.
Cliffer
i used premiere pro2,and use edius 5 now, i think both them are good,edius is a little bit better than premiere.
miniman17
You thought you had a lot of old home movies lying around before; a couple of cabinets full of film that you’re going to go through “some day.” Then everything went digital (and high-def). Now you have even more home footage sitting somewhere on your desktop. Or maybe you have a budding film producer in the family. Whether you’re trying to archive your footage, create wedding slideshows, pare down your travelogue to a palatable highlight reel, or create a full-length feature film, you’re going to need a solid video editing software.

Cyberlink’s PowerDirector 8 is one of the best video editing software solutions available, combining all the right features (and then some) in a professional and easy-to-use video editing package. We are pleased to award Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 Deluxe with our “TopTenREVIEWS Gold Award” for continued excellence in performance and innovation.

PowerDirector combines a good balance of simplicity and versatility. The software takes advantage of technology and has so many professional-grade tools, but it’s easy enough that you can actually use it.

Standout Features:

•Direct upload to YouTube and Facebook
•Particle Effects
•SD to HD up-scaling
•Impressive list of output formats, including files for your iPhone, PSP, PS3, Xbox, and Zune
•Automated “Magic” Editing Tools