FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What would you do if you had a bad haircut?

hamza1122
Simple question. But not a simple answer.

I guess the first thing i would do is go crazy and start raging. Then calm down and start raging again. then try to find ways to move my hair around to make it look better. if that fails, then i try to look for ways to cut it a little bit to make it look better. If i can't do that, i tell my friends before hand and wine and weep that i have a bad haircut so they don't get surprised the next day.

Then i just basically wait for the hair to grow back again.

Another solution is to wear a beanie, hat or hoodie. For women, you can just wear hair accessories or other stuff to distract the attention from your hair, put your hair in a ponytail or wear a scarf.

What would you do?
Nick2008
If it was at a barber's shop... then I'd go back and tell them to fix it.

Whoever did the haircut to me... I'd tell them to fix it.

Then again, a guy usually doesn't look bad bald or very short haired. Probably harder for the women to deal with bad haircuts though.
desonium
I think I would cut it again or else I shave it. So that I don't have hair anymore. It grows back, just wait a few weeks Cool
Donutey
Fix it or shave it all off.
TomS
Nick2008 wrote:
Then again, a guy usually doesn't look bad bald or very short haired. Probably harder for the women to deal with bad haircuts though.

Dito. I'd just had it shaved off.
logicfail182
I buzzed my head a week ago. I was sick of long hari, but everyone tells me it looks awful. The only thing to do is wait forit to grow back. going bald would make things worse for me, so the simple answer is to suck it up.
spring567
I don't care how my hair is .
deanhills
Well, for starters I've had enough bad experiences to really go to any length possible to avoid a bad haircut from happening. I usually try and stay with one place, but if I have to find a new one, I do thorough research. Then when I find one that is recommended, try and communicate as best as I can what the limits of the haircut would be.

However, of course, bad haircuts can still happen even if you have taken all possible precautions. I would then go to a second recommended hairdresser on the list, and ask him to fix it and stay as far away as possible from the first one. Last resort of course being to do a close shave, which is not necessarily a bad thing, may even turn out better that the original haircut I would have wanted. Smile
natilovesmike
I wouldn't really care...I guess I would only care if I somehow got myself bold, but otherwise, just try to arrange it a little bit. I use my hair up anyway and I haven't gone to the hari dresser in about 2 years...yeah....my hair is really long...and I think I can't delay it any longer.
standready
Since my hair is always on the long side, I would (and have many times) got it re-trimmed to try to fix it up.
Insanity
Just deal with it I guess. There's not much you can do about it unless you get it cut again. Or you can tell the barber to fix it into something more managable. The thing to do in the first place is to make sure the barber knows what you want to begin with. That way you don't have these problems later on.
Ashtray
It always depends on how bad the haircut is. What happens to me very regulary is that I ask my hairdresser to only cut the outgrown tips, ONLY. But she cuts like 8 cm off my hair! I mean, why the hell do they always do that? My guess, they're pretty much like surgeons and just like to cut, lol. Anyways, she recently cut my hair a LOT. I don't like it. But well, it will grow I guess.
deanhills
Ashtray wrote:
It always depends on how bad the haircut is. What happens to me very regulary is that I ask my hairdresser to only cut the outgrown tips, ONLY. But she cuts like 8 cm off my hair! I mean, why the hell do they always do that? My guess, they're pretty much like surgeons and just like to cut, lol. Anyways, she recently cut my hair a LOT. I don't like it. But well, it will grow I guess.
I did a little reverse psychology two weeks ago, asking to take very little off, and then the hair dresser only took the "too little" off! I probably will need to get my next haircut sooner than I would have wished for. Can't win!
Nameless
hamza1122 wrote:

Nothing.

[/You lie. Razz]
guissmo
I just wont give the barber a tip and not go back ever.
goutha
guissmo wrote:
I just wont give the barber a tip and not go back ever.

In addition to that, I'll shave my head ...
airh3ad
In my experiences yesterday , I decided it was time to cut my hair. It had been about 2 months since my last haircut so, as you can imagine, my hair was way too long. If you can’t imagine let me just say this, my hair grows like a weed in July cost 50 pesos for the haircut very cheap here , if you have a friend that he know how to cut your hair you can have it free.

hear is my story so, I head to GreatClips which was having a discount haircut special…yeah that should’ve been my first clue that the haircut was going to turn out bad,I called before I left to see what their wait was like and the said that there wasn’t one. However, when I arrived at the GreatClips I could see through the window that the place was packed. And, there was also a sign on the window that said “NO WAIT no wait !” …that should’ve been my 2nd clue.

The wait was about 30 minutes to get into the “stylist’s” chair and once I was in it the haircut lasted about 5 minutes….last clue. I paid the “stylist” and drove back home. When I looked in the mirror I noticed and amazing amount of long hairs sticking out from the side of my head all over the place.well anaway its just a hair.
Marcuzzo
yep, shave it to 3mm, it will grow back.
and tell the barber that he has done a great job
apple
I had this happen to me once and in order to 'fix' it, I had to have my hair cut very very very short, almost like a guy's hair. I was NOT pleased. Especially since I'd had my hair done up for a special occasion. Never ever ever have I been back to that place, actually I did not even let them fix it. I went somewhere else.
andrewsteinborn
Keep on cuttingmy hair until it is perfect. If I'm bald, I'm going to scream, yell, say cuss words... everything!!!
mykiru_isyusero
definitely ill have it fixed again by having another haircut
rockacola
Most likely I'll leave it, and tell others that it's "a feature"...
afterall, you don't get to have bad hair cut that often Wink
JBotAlan
The male perspective: I have had hair that is less than 1/4 inch long. (I bleached my brown hair so that I could dye it blue, and had to cut it almost to the roots to be rid of the blond before I attended my cousin's wedding...) It didn't bother me in the slightest to have extraordinarily short hair.

The female perspective: I don't know, however I have heard a few girls say that they would cry, or scream... I guess it is a huge part of their self-image. I can understand that, though I am not certain I have any similar attachment to any superficial features of my body.

*shrug*.
SpellcasterDX
Either re-cut my hair (if at all possible) or wear hats. lol
mwsupra
I'd shave my head and never go back again. I understand people make mistakes so I wouldn't flip out or anything.
ankitdatashn
Donutey wrote:
Fix it or shave it all off.

That one for me too, too much techno crazy looks and people will look at me like nuts, so better shave it all and let it be back to normal in a month.
BigGeek
I've been through this more times than I can count. Go to a barber or stylist, they do a great job, by the sixth or seventh time I go to them they butcher me, and my hair looks like crap and I end up shaving it, letting it grow out for 4 to 6 months and then trying a new place.

It got really old, and I know my hair is difficult to cut, but I just can't understand why they were able to cut it well a few times and then they went to crap!

Soulution, I bought a FLOWBE, you know that stupid thing that works with your vacuum cleaner to cut your hair, I use the same attachments, the same procedure, and get the EXACT same haircut every time, it was the best 60 bucks I ever spent, and I haven't paid for a hair cut in over 10 years. I cut my hair short and into a flat top, and I can go 3 months, one month or one week and the next cut is identical to the last cut. No more shaving my head after bad hair cuts (I was in the marine corp) so a super short haircut like a recruit in boot camp never bothered me!

If you wear your hair short, it is the way to go Laughing
Bluedoll
Change your style. Take charge and make it much worse. Yes it does grow back so do something like make everything uneven, add streaks, go with the wild look and just enjoy it.
crimson_aria
I don't change my hairstyle much cause I'm too afraid of a bad haircut. my friends tell me I should take risks though. try different styles and see what suits.
watersoul
This topic made me smile, I used to have long hair some years ago and went to a hair place to tidy it up. Unfortunately the girl cut a little to much and I really didn't like it so shaved it all off when I got home. Years of growing it, gone in an hour! Oh well, at least it keeps growing...whatever happens to it!
driftingfe3s
I get my haircut from my cousin these days and he does a pretty good job at it. And because he does it for free, I can't really get mad at him either! He hasn't messed up before but if he did I'd probably have him just shave.
prithvi
If my haircut went real bad, I would prefer to shave it off.

A bald step is necessary sometimes. Cool
Jamestf347
Just suck it up or go bald really lol, theres nothing to do xD. No matter if you like it or not, you'll have to live with it... and as everything it'll grow then you can do what ever you want.
Parkour_Jarrod
Well seeing as i have extremely curly hair, i would straighten it to see if it made it any better. Razz

If it didnt i would probably make it curly again by washing it then get em to cut it to see if it gets any better.. Smile but if that didn't work then....... Sad

I would probably shave i off and run the risk of my hair growing back as a afro Cool Cool
upenggsoc
..what would i do if i have a bad hair cut?

.. i would always wear a cap.. hehehe..
Arty
hamza1122 wrote:
I guess the first thing i would do is go crazy and start raging. Then calm down and start raging again. then try to find ways to move my hair around to make it look better. if that fails, then i try to look for ways to cut it a little bit to make it look better. If i can't do that, i tell my friends before hand and wine and weep that i have a bad haircut so they don't get surprised the next day.

Hah, I did that to my mom while I was on vacation.
(She took me to that cheap barber and told her to cut off my bangs in mandarin so I wouldn't know.)
mtorregiani
If I had a bad haircut, I'd ask my stylist to try and fix it up... if it's not possible, just shave it...
j00gotpwnd
Well I usually where my hair very short (buzz cut), so if someone managed to screw that up...Well I guess I would be a little angry, but you can almost always go shorter, and if not... Well I've never shaved my head with a razor, so I guess I would try that out then let it grow out. Nothing like a fresh start right? Anyway, nice topic.
RubySlasher
I would buy a cute pink wig and a school girl outfit and wear them every day.

You only live once!
nigam
i would rather go to a salon and seek some professional advices....
hamza1122
well, some people here said to shave your head bald. Bald heads don't really suit people depending on their face shape especially heart shaped faces like mine! That's why i couldn't shave my head bald.

But hey good news everyone, my hair is growing back and i can just fix it up a little bit by running my fingers through my hair in an upward direction. =]

Waiting for it to grow a little bit longer though.
Dean_The_Great
I'd say a recut. If that doesn't work, hat it up for a week or so until it's got enough new length on it for a recut.
SpellcasterDX
lol I went and got a haircut yesterday and it was bad. I didn't like it. But I'd rather not go bald or shaved either, so I'll just try and make the best of it. Laughing
jabce85
if you're a guy, just buzz it all off.... as for a girl, that's a different story.. maybe put up with it for a couple weeks and then have it reshaped?
Melacos
I usually don't do anything... Actually I haven't really got an idea what exactly looks good to me in the first place.

I guess I accept it as long as it's short, and I just make it work - either through messing around with it or plain delusion:P
TurtleShell
It's really hard to cut my hair badly because I have very little opinion when it comes to my hair. I like to have it short and straight...and I put it in pig tails. As long as I can do that, whatev. SO if I had a really bad haircut...I am confident I would handle it the same way i handle anything to do with my hair...complain a bit and then forget about it.
Ghost900
As a guy I would just have them fix it as best they can, or I would get a buzz cut that would remove any problems that could show up.

I normally get mine all the same length and I don't get anything fancy so I doubt its even possible to screw my hair cut up. Wink
carlospro7
If I got a bad haircut. I would try to get it fixed for sure. If that and all else fails, I would probably shave it off rather than leaving it bad. I don't think I would look good with no hair Sad
ProfessorY91
Everyone seems to be opting for the "get it fixed by shaving it all off, or some of it off". I think there's a series of steps you should take. 1. Find people who really care about you (i.e. significant other, wife, girlfriend, etc. 2. Parade yourself in front of them. 3. If they wrinkle their nose in distaste, or comment on how bad the haircut is - go back to the barber with them. If they don't say anything, you're vain, paranoid, or both.

Personally, I hate all haircuts, but I bring someone who has a good sense of style if I really need one.
soljarag
nice topic Smile

if i had a bad haircut, i'd prolly just buzz all my hair off... I used to get a buzz cut when i was younger... I wonder what i'd look like with a buzz cut now
Denvis
There are many options I can choose, first of all I can not go out for a couple weeks or another option I could choose is to cover it up with a hat but that might make me look suspicious or tell my mates before hand. I don't have haircuts much and when I do I don't get bad haircuts. Very Happy
scallywag
Cry.

Then try dying my hair. I got the most awful haircut a couple years ago, but I bleached my hair out, died it a soft brown and it was sooo much better - it almost look decent.
biljap
First of all, I wouldn’t move while the person who made my hair look that bad fixes it! I’d be quite angry if I ask for a haircut, and then get something on my head I am ashamed to go on the street! Mad
If this happens at home, for example, for any reasons… I would try to fix it myself somehow. If there is no success, I would probably just wear a cap and go somewhere to have it fixed.
Or, maybe… If I felt as bad as my haircut look bad… I probably wouldn’t care about it. Confused
darkeagle
I always shave Smile
the-guide
Fix it in case that it's able to do but if not I will not shave it, just let it be and wait. Smile
hofodomo01
Haha, wear a hat as much as possible. Though it will undoubtedly make it worse the more self-conscious you act about it.
Crinoid
You can correct haircut yourself, down to very short, that is not difficult, or use a styling gel - then nobody possibly couldn't know that something was wrong.

Don't envy women: wearing scarf in the room will raise questions from everyone, they can't make a ponytail from hair 6 cm long, and they can't have the really short, comfortable haircut, unless they have a thick good hair and have impreccable skull shape.

I live with bad haircut all my life, weak hair.
Afaceinthematrix
I'd just shave my head... Then I'd have a valid excuse to never get another haircut (which is something that I've been working on for a really long time... I cannot even remember when I got my last haircut).
Silayon
Either try to fix it, cover it up, or shave it. When I get a bad haircut, if I can't fix it I'd just go through the day normally, my friends usually only take a while to get it out of there system and I don't here about my haircut again. To me it's just hair, I got other things to worry about. If you're really worried, just cover it up with a hat or a hoodie, only shave it as a last resort, I mean... it can't be THAT bad...
bsbteng
Definately pop in and tell them.
Say something like; its no big deal but I thought you should be aware that we are really unhappy with the cuts we received on da da da.
If you are a long standing client they won't want to lose you and will probably try and do something to soothe it over, by going elsewhere you will have to try someone new anyway and they may be worse.
You would be within your rights to request not to have the apprentice again until she has more experience. (They need to know she needs more training though)
Your regulatr hairdresser may have been having an off day and will probably fix it for you if you let them know.
IF on the other hand you tell them and they don't offer to fix it I would be taking my business elsewhere and letting them know that . Iwould be really surpirsed if they don't atleast offer you a discount on your next service.
(Although if you didn't take photos of DS haircut before shaving it they may not be willingot accept responsibility on that one). But you never know.
Good luck and I am sure it will all work out, Hairdressers hate to lose regular clientelle.
arjline06
hamza1122 wrote:

Then i just basically wait for the hair to grow back again.

Another solution is to wear a beanie, hat or hoodie. For women, you can just wear hair accessories or other stuff to distract the attention from your hair, put your hair in a ponytail or wear a scarf.

What would you do?

I would tell to the barber that his work was not good for me. I will be going to convince him to repeat his work and do some haircut that is better for my hair. There's no problem that had no solution at all.
inuyasha
A funny topic! Actually I would not probably let it happen Very Happy
If I had a bad haircut, I would be mad for a while and get used to it. Ahh, really terrible! I would be laughed at for a few days!
D'Artagnan
once my mother tryed to cut my hair
i had to shave it, it was winter, awful
timothymartin
Since I cut my own hair, and have been cutting it for years, I would say that I dont get bad haircuts.
dapopeyoh
It depends on how bad it is but If we are talking about a worst case scenario here, then I would just have to wear a hat or hood till it grows back. I hate wearing hats.
[FuN]goku
I've had it happen before.... I just ended up parting my hair off to the other side and using gel. That was because the stylist that usually does my hair wasn't in that particular day and I didn't know that she wasn't going to be there, and I sorta needed to have it cut that day lol.

If it happened with my current stylist though (not likely) , I'd probably just try and fix it myself or just try out some different hair products I have lying around and attempt to make a different style.
ankur209
I would Totally go bald...Coz that is much better than having an od hairstyle... Razz
eneka38
A bad haircut, I can't even begin to imagine what it would look like. If it is real bad, I would resort to a hat
austindent
If I have a bad haircut I want to become a bald... it is the last option. Evil or Very Mad
Velius
Bad things really happen and we don't have to dwell from the past but to keep moving forward thanks for sharing.
ankur2010
Will kill the barber...!! Evil or Very Mad
cliffkelly
According to me Keep on cutting hair until it is perfect.It is best idea to make perfect your hair.
12jony34
I will wear Cap on head.
Greatking
wear a weave or a hat to cover up the bad hair.
or cut everything off to regrow.
gphoenix
i'll shave my head bald and then get a life!
emanuel2
just cut your hair extremely short, and problem solved. Works only on men I guess xD
cybersa
I don't care.
Because it will grow within 2-3 weeks.
SterkenJohny
You can wear a hat .... Very Happy
caitycoo
if i had a bad hair cut i would scream x1000000000000000000 i wouldnt be happy ile give you that the only advice i could give you is dont go to a hair dressers unless recommended by a friend or somebody else ! Smile
ZeytinGrafik
I am bald so i have no chance of having a bad hair cut Cool i would have my hair shaved if i had one.
kate124
It will be much annoying at first but will have to tolerate. I will keep on wearing a hat or covering my head with anythng like that.
theShadow
The best hairstyle would be the one I have. Shoulder length hair. Although straightening it or highlighting it would be sucky. And if I wake up any day, look in the mirror and don't like what I see, I could always go back to square one the next day. Its not always that people in square one can go where I am! Twisted Evil
mshafiq
I am also scared of having a bad hair cut.I have a same hair style since a long time. I did not try to have different hair style.
Peterssidan
I have long hair and if it gets too long I usually just cut off the ponytail to make it shorter. If I for some reason visited a professional hairdresser to get cut or if someone decided to cut my hair while I was sleeping and it turned out terrible I would probably just make it shorter and more even. I don't want to be totally bald but if it is necessary I would have to.

If they removed all my hair and carved some terrible symbols in the skin I would probably wear a cap or a hat until it was no longer visible.
mshafiq
I will feel so sad and i will try not to go again to the same barber
masterekat
Get it cut shorter! The shorter, the sexier! Very Happy
codegeek
I have really weird hair that looks pretty strange no matter how I style it. So, I just stopped caring, and generally keep it short. I have also gone bald at times. In winters, I wear a cap. Generally, I would recommend going back to the shop that did your hair and asking them to fix it. They probably won't say no, if you go within the same day.
mshafiq
will Feel so sad and will wait untill hairs grows
mshafiq
Of course bad hair cut make you sad.
BigGeek
You know what the difference is between a good hair cut and a bad hair cut - Couple a weeks Very Happy

If you wear your hair long it is a disaster to get a bad hair cut!

If you wear your hair short like I do - it is a few weeks and it grows back. I have had some bad hair cuts in my day - really bad - go home and grab the trimmers and straighten it up as much as possible and then get another hair cut in a few weeks.

I personally haven't paid for a hair cut since 1998 - I bought a Flowbee never looked back, use a couple of guards and cut it short and into a flat top - gives the best flat top going! - Use the trimmers to clean up the sides and the back - done - better hair cut than most I have paid for - looks the same every time. Best 80 bucks I ever spent haven't been to a barber or hair stylist in 17 years.

People laugh at me - and even marvel at how good the hair cut comes out every time!

Biggest reason I bought it was I was sick and tired of bad hair cuts!
mshafiq
I will be very sad if i will have bad hear cut