FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Places in Southeast Asia

Dean_The_Great
In October I plan on doing some travelling in Southeast Asia, does anyone have some suggestions on places to visit?

I was thinking about Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and Guam, also China perhaps.

Anyone do travelling in this section of the world?
Triple_7
Make a stop in Taiwan. Cities are busy and crowded, but there's plenty of interesting places, and night markets. Take a trip around the island into the mountains. Beautiful country Cool
Crorepati
As a tourist, I find Thailand has the best to offer, but tour should be carefully planned based on the duration, budget and your interests. You can have best experience of tour just staying Bangkok.
deanhills
Crorepati wrote:
As a tourist, I find Thailand has the best to offer, but tour should be carefully planned based on the duration, budget and your interests. You can have best experience of tour just staying Bangkok.
Perhaps you can, but then your impressions may be completely limited to only Bangkok and Thailand has much more to offer. Like Chang Mai, and Chang Rai in the North as well as the coastal places in the South. Most touring companies offer really good deals, and since there are so many of them, and they are competitive, you have a good chance of them being good ones.
testsoc
Triple_7 wrote:
Make a stop in Taiwan. Cities are busy and crowded, but there's plenty of interesting places, and night markets. Take a trip around the island into the mountains. Beautiful country Cool

+1 It's a great place.

Avoid Thailand as it's choked with tourists, unless you have a long time to visit the region.

Go to Vietnam, Cambodia, parts of Malaysia.
kate124
Do come Pakistan and visit northern vallies like Sawat, Naran, Kaghan, Chitral. They are a beauty.
hown
Have a visit to Malaysia,fantastic food and beautiful places,we have islands,shopping malls,rainforests..but be careful of snatch theft Confused
playfungames
South East Asia has some of the most wonderful tourist destination in the world. I heard that more tourists from the world would visit this part of the globe if it weren't for those high air fares.

Anyway since you are visiting South East Asia, I recommend you to try out Thailand. I know that it is a packed place with tourists but who is to say that you might not like such a place. There are some really beautiful beaches in Thailand and you will love it absolutely. Then there is Burma/Myanmar, a country that you visit for some local cultural experience.

Since you are already in the region and if you still have time, you can venture into South Asia as well. This part of the world is famous for natural beauties. The Himalayas are right there in South asia. You might be interested to visit this little Himalayan nation called Nepal. Trekking to the foot of the highest peaks and enjoying the great view all the time is really a dream come true for many travelers. Your plan to travel in October is also the best time to visit this nation.