FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How can I find My sites google position when I do a search

Possum
Hi

When I do a key word on my site I would like to know where it is in the google results.

Is it number 30 or number 50002. how can I tell..

Thankyou..
anakin_skyrunner
*cough*
click me, I'm a link!

I tried number 2 and it worked.
Possum
IM sorry I worded my question incorrectly..My fault Smile

What I need to know is where my page is in regards to a key word search I do in google.

For instance if I type in "tutorial mail" in google and my site has those key words. I would like to know on the search result position google gives my site.
riccopt
there are certain softwares that do this kind of thing... I believe that with WEB CEO you are able to check that out... the problem is that you will have to select which of the countries you will be looking for...
the-guide
Yes, WEB CEO can check that result for you and I've been using it. However, unfortunately, it's limited for only the sites that listed on nearly top ranking area (I think only for sites listed on page 1 to 10 or may be less than).
riccopt
the-guide wrote:
Yes, WEB CEO can check that result for you and I've been using it. However, unfortunately, it's limited for only the sites that listed on nearly top ranking area (I think only for sites listed on page 1 to 10 or may be less than).
if your site is not on the 1st 10 pages people will hardly see it... so it is not worth knowing WHERE your site is ranked if it if below the 100 position...
spring567
You should find it by yourself .
Star Wars Fanatic
If you sign up for a Google Webmaster account, (which is free, just need a gmail account, I believe), you can see all the keywords you are ranked on, and where you show up in them.
It's quite useful. It won't show every keyword, just the keywords where you are ranked high, like position 10 and above I believe.
distantship
the most convenient tool is install a firefox toolbar, you could find it on seobook.com, the main advantage is that you could type in a series of keywords and just with a click on your mouse, you get your keyword positions from all 3 major search engine, namely: google, yahoo and msn, by the way, the tool is called "search engine rank checker", there are also other seo toolbar availabe on seobook that are really cool too, my recommendation is to get ALL OF THEM!
wanshi
some professional tool can can be helpful……
fantoos
You can check it manually on each result pages about particular keyword which is the better use don't use any tool because most of the they are not give the exact ranking results.