FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mumbai

piyushbhardwaj
Mumbai,the financial capital of India, is one of the busiest city in India.
the buildings like the CHattrapati Shivaji terminus ,municipal corporation building are worth watching.
a trip to essel world and water kingdom is very adventurous. again one can have a look at Elephanta caves.one has to go around 12 kms deep in sea to visit elephanta. newly attracted places include chowpatty which is famous for 'bhel puri'. if you are going by car,the road from Panvel to Mumbai is truly amazing with tall buildings on both side of the road. this stretch being called the 'NAVI MUMBAI'.
tdossi
Mumbai is a very interesting town in India. The possibilities of development in Mumbai are expected above all in the service area. The computer industry also has favorable possibilities. Tata Consultancy of service (TCS), the biggest IT enterprise of India, has his head office in Mumbai. Such enterprises in the town have taken over labour-intensive areas of the data capture and data processing for European customers. On account of the increasing inquiry of the Indian middle class as well as as a potential supplier of the global car industry the construction of vehicles does not offer used possibilities in the industrial area yet. For this is the autocluster 190 km away of the city of Pune of special meaning.
In addition, Mumbai has chances to be developed as a research and level of development place and to develop to the commercial centre and distribution centre. On account of the lower real estate prices the north of Mumbai (Greater Mumbai) for enterprise becomes visibly more interesting. Because of the geographic circumstances (peninsula situation) the expansion of the town takes place increasingly in the northern areas and along the highway to Pune and Nashik.
Nevertheless, compared with towns in the Asian threshold countries the need to catch up is considerable in Mumbai. Concentrated state help are necessary to his removal. If these are missing, the favorable conditions, as they offer, for example, the modern harbour and airport infrastructure, are ruined by the bad traffic relations. Condition is, on this occasion, however, a modern management which regulates the own dynamism of the economy not beyond all measure and does not hinder by corruption. Then the metropolis of Mumbai has the chance to become a global centre.
Crorepati
Mumbai is an upcoming financial district and Government, Private and Corporate agencies are taking steps to remodel the whole District. There is yet a lot to exploit the full potential. There are number of International Class Malls and upcoming places ready to start like 24X7 Lavasa project by Hindustan Construction Company at Vikhroli, Dreams Mall etc. Transport, Water and Electricity is in a better shape today and efforts are on ti improve it.
In general, Mumbai is taking a new leaf and every International Investor should come to Mumbai and look and experience the changes Mumbai is undergoing and a chain of business opportunities it is triggering under the guidance of a good local business guide / adviser .
deanhills
Crorepati wrote:
Mumbai is an upcoming financial district and Government, Private and Corporate agencies are taking steps to remodel the whole District. There is yet a lot to exploit the full potential. There are number of International Class Malls and upcoming places ready to start like 24X7 Lavasa project by Hindustan Construction Company at Vikhroli, Dreams Mall etc. Transport, Water and Electricity is in a better shape today and efforts are on ti improve it.
In general, Mumbai is taking a new leaf and every International Investor should come to Mumbai and look and experience the changes Mumbai is undergoing and a chain of business opportunities it is triggering under the guidance of a good local business guide / adviser .
I'd be a little nervous to invest after the last terrorist attacks, not so much the attacks, as one can expect that to happen everywhere, but the unpreparedness of the local and national Government to deal with the crisis.
atul2242
Mumbai may be the commercial hub as well as the liveliest city of India, yet its citizens do not have pavements to walk upon. Well heeled polititions and civil servants owning fleets of cars and servants rule over thousands of poor workers.
Yet it can produce a slumdog millionaire.
atul2242
deanhills wrote:
I'd be a little nervous to invest after the last terrorist attacks, not so much the attacks, as one can expect that to happen everywhere, but the unpreparedness of the local and national Government to deal with the crisis.

While I don't want to sound like I am defending Bombay police, (This may be off-topic) but how well are governments prepared to tackle terrorists who attack the general public? say a biological influenza attack in rural England?
tdossi
With the mega cities grow, the slums. Global Slums are the dark side of the development of global cities, especially in the southern hemisphere. Most of them are local, just like most cities local or regional actors. But get some slums with new political demands and the emergence of a strong awareness own global importance.

First, this is indicated by the rhetoric of many slum dwellers. Garbage collectors describe itself as the "environmental professional" and, thus, make explicitly on existing global economic discourse. Second, local problems are addressed at the political level. In China there are millions of migrant workers, where the residential permit for the cities of the east coast is denied. They want from the government any additional funds or services, but land - to build houses, to lay pipes and build local business networks. The shared experience of the slums has mobilized millions of workers.
ujjawall
i think mumbai is heart of india.because it is very dev loping capital in india. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
daredninja
why do some people still call it bombai?
ankur2010
Mumbai - The Place where Bollywood resides.... Cool

The ever glamourous city in India i've seen in my life...Damn cool weather...Sea shores..ships..celebrities..late night parties...

truely tempting...!! Razz
mukesh
ujjawall wrote:
i think mumbai is heart of india.because it is very dev loping capital in india. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

this is correct that mumbai is heart of indian bacause in all over india something is not available but in mumbai everything is available Laughing
rogue_skydragon
I totally would love to see and explore Mumbai for myself someday. Indian culture really interests me, and Mumbai seems like the next logical adventure for me. Is anyone here on this forum an American who has visited India recently? Would like to hear some travel stories and tips from this beautiful country.
Abhishukla
I am from India, and I just love Mumbai, Mumbai is a financial capital of India. Although Delhi is the capital of India, but more people live in Mumbai then in New Delhi.
there are many places worth visiting in Mumbai, especially the Marine Drive!!
whenever I get time I just go their, sit and watch the ocean, I suggest you people to go in night or evening, you will truly fall in love with Mumbai....
deanhills
Abhishukla wrote:
I am from India, and I just love Mumbai, Mumbai is a financial capital of India. Although Delhi is the capital of India, but more people live in Mumbai then in New Delhi.
there are many places worth visiting in Mumbai, especially the Marine Drive!!
whenever I get time I just go their, sit and watch the ocean, I suggest you people to go in night or evening, you will truly fall in love with Mumbai....
What is the cost of living there, and is there a very high crime rate in Mumbai? Is it a healthy place to live in?
debjitbiswas
Sorry but its polluted and i hate this type of places.
georgekalathil
debjitbiswas wrote:
Sorry but its polluted and i hate this type of places.
polluted and congested. The bad politicians make the city of Mumbai worser...
tdossi
Monitors the pollution in the air at 6 permanent stations is measured. Here are mainly of two stations constantly elevated PM levels: the two districts and Maravali Khar. In addition to the fine Maravali is also increasingly a Amoniakbelastung in the air before. Elevated CO2 - values ​​are measured along the main roads.

The noise is recorded at these stations, which is located in all districts over the limits.

To combat the pollutants is set next to a regulatory-compliance mainly on the natural transformation of plants. During the last years, almost 15,000 trees planted and distributed in about 4 times as many small trees in the population.

All over Mumbai are nearly 32,000 factories, which all need to pay a penalty for the charges in air pollution. Overall, causing factories a daily emissions of 67 million barrels per day. All air pollution amounts to 752 million tons per day.
syj824
about india in my brain only yug
tdossi
The Taj Mahal, the beaches in Goa, the lake palace in Udaipur, Madras, Calcutta and Kerala have drawn the last year for the first time more than two million tourists to India. The visitors from abroad washed the government claims to more than 2.3 billion dollars in the foreign exchange fund - in a country that currently has roughly 19.5 billion dollars in reserves. But India can use in the travel business earned dollars, or D-Mark well, for about $ 100 billion foreign debt must be serviced.

To develop the tourism sector, the government now wants Rao attract more foreign investors into the country. "We are confident that the tourism sector because of its enormous growth potential particularly interesting, " says the Director General of Tourism, Government of India, Ashok Pahwa.

But he also knows the pitfalls for interested investors, for example when it comes to permits. Therefore, the Government had recently specially founded tourism investment entity "means, so Pahwa. The close coordination with the Foreign Investment Promotion Board accelerating the processing of applications for four to six weeks promises Pahwa. To be helped in areas such as project planning, site selection and the execution site - corruption is in India for business.