FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mother board not working

ravikanth
Hello,
I have an ASUS mother board. It stopped working. Symptom - No display on the computer. I made all the checks given on the internet. They include - checking if ram is alright, removing the battery and inserting it back. I have a couple of observations.

My Box never beeped - even when i removed the RAM. This is the case when it was working fine.

How do I find the fault?

Ravikanth
Pepperfan
ravikanth,

It is not looking good. Is this a new build or are you putting it together for the first time?

Either way I would remove all the cards and even the keyboard and mouse. Next turn on the computer and see if the symptoms change. Then let us know what you see happen.

Charles
ravikanth
Hey Charles,

Thanks for your reply. Tried what u said. But the response remains same - no beep.

Ravikanth
Pepperfan
ravikanth,

No problem, I am glad to help.

Does it appear that anything is happening? Do hear the power supply? Anything at all?

Charles
ravikanth
yup there is power supply. the fan rotates when u switch on and the green led glows
Pepperfan
ravikanth,

When you try to boot does it seem like you are booting but with nothing on the screen? For example the hard drive spins and the floppy seeks etc or is it just the light and fan?

Charles
ssweat
to clear the cmos via jumper on the motherboard? most have a little jumper that you can short and it may clear up your issues. other than that my best guess it the motherboard is shot. Best of luck
ravikanth
I think I have to change the mother board. I dont get the 939 socket mother boards here. Thats the other problem to deal with. My processor is AMD athlon 3200. I am not finding a suitable mother board. I have to change the whole box Sad