FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mole turned pink and slightly swelling?

HalfBloodPrince
Okay, so a few days ago I did something really stupid. I have a mole on my right cheek that's been there since I was born and lately there was this hair growing out of it that was bothering me. I'd cut it off but it would keep growing back so here's the stupid part - I plucked it out with my fingers. Don't know what the hell happened after that, but for a few days the area around it has turned pink and it's swelled up and hurts to the touch like a pimple. Any ideas of what could be going on? I'm going to be visiting a doctor in a few days if it doesn't get better. I'm 15, by the way.
8166UY
Just go to the doctor, he knows the difference between the different types of moles. Internetusers don't, they just reply with things they once heard. Wink
deanhills
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
Okay, so a few days ago I did something really stupid. I have a mole on my right cheek that's been there since I was born and lately there was this hair growing out of it that was bothering me. I'd cut it off but it would keep growing back so here's the stupid part - I plucked it out with my fingers. Don't know what the hell happened after that, but for a few days the area around it has turned pink and it's swelled up and hurts to the touch like a pimple. Any ideas of what could be going on? I'm going to be visiting a doctor in a few days if it doesn't get better. I'm 15, by the way.
Good that you go to the doctor. I think doctors usually would like you to get rid of it anyway, just in case it can lead to trouble. My mother had a mole like that, and she was encouraged to get rid of it as early as is possible to avoid later problems.
gtara1
looks like skin cancer, go to skin doctor
driftingfe3s
gtara1 wrote:
looks like skin cancer, go to skin doctor

It might not be. If it's the same size the swelling and redness might just be from inflamtion from being irrated from you plucking the hair out. Maybe some bacteria went in the pore or the follicle where you plucked out the hair and it's infected. But just like everyone else suggested you should see a doctor.
apple
I got moles, and they swell up after I interfere with them also. If you got a hair growing out of it, just get a tweezer and pull it out, ever so often you'll have to take it out but its just one hair. right?