FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dual screen problem

Roald
I'm having trouble with my pc: it has a graphics card that supports dual screen, but I'm only using one screen. But sometimes when I boot my pc, it 'thinks' that I'm running two screens, that's just annoying because sometimes I loose my mouse, but the most annoying thing happens when my pc 'thinks' that my screens is not my main screen, so my desktop, windows etc... are on the other imaginary screen.
Any solutions? Thanks in advance
Pepperfan
Roald,

1. Make sure your display settings in the control panel are correct.
2. Update your video drivers.
3. Sounds like the opportunity to add and inexpensive second display! Look at geeks.com they have new and refurbished 17 inch LCD's for as little as $67.99! That is on August 1, 2009. http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=MON I have always had very good luck with geeks.com, over the last 5 years. But your mileage may vary so. So let the buyer beware.

Charles
Roald
I have a 2nd screen that I could use, I just don't need it at the moment.
I updated my drivers and all seems to go well. Thanks for your help and the link.
soljarag
this happends to my laptop alot... I sometimes have a monitor hooked up to it.. so if i forget to disable it, it thinks its still attached. so I set up a hotkey to disable it...

you can get a 19" new dell LCD for $89 ! http://www.techdealdigger.com/pr/cheap-dell-s1909wx-19-inch-widescreen-lcd-monitor-deals/1690