FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my computer +3.3V is low?

badai

is 3.02V within acceptable range, or do i have to look for new PSU?
ocalhoun
That's fine!

Unless this is some kind of critically important server, don't worry about the PSU unless you start having problems.
(Problems as in, computer freezing, dying, et cetera...)
Being a little low is better than being too high, anyway... it might cause errors if it gets worse, but it won't damage anything.

In the absence of any documentation on it, I'd assume a tolerance of plus or minus 10%, so anywhere from 2.97 to 3.63 would be acceptable.
Pepperfan
Yes, that should be fine. a quick rule of thumb I use is + or - 10 percent. if it is getting close to the 10% then I keep an eye out but I do not panic or spend money. Smile

Charles
Donutey
Also, the +3.3 line is not terribly important in a modern motherboard. Most of the power draw is from the 12v line. So if that one starts being out of spec, preemptively replacing the power supply is a good idea.

I've had a motherboard killed by a power supply with defective capacitors, and another PSU that just died, so it's good that you're keeping up with the PSU.