FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

World of warcraft!!

aethiops
It is diffently the best game ever.... keeps surprising me from time to time...!
Thug
I heard a virus broke out in the WoW world called - Corrupted Blood
If u dont got a high power level dont go to this city - Zul'Gurub becus there the virus came from but everybody gets infected who comes near a person who is infected with that deciece so many people have died as my understanding.

Pz
windval
what is the different between the world of the warcraft and warcraft?
Thug
windval wrote:

WoW is only for online play, Warcraft is single player
althalus
Thug wrote:
windval wrote:

It is true that WoW is online only, but "regular" Warcraft (1-3) is not limited to single player, but can be played over battle.net or in a lan.. The biggest difference I guess is that instead of being in charge of the entire army, you - as your character - are instead a part of it.

You can read more about the "plague" that hit WoW here.

And finally, there are other WoW-related threads.. Please do a search before posting new threads. Smile
dule
wow is something called MMORPG, u play rpg with thousands players on same world.

the only bad side you must pay monthly subscription, unlike W3:FT and rest of blizzard bnet games...
Natrualkiller
wanna play some wow im up for it my server is skullcrusher im horde my game name is drekra lvl 45 now hope to get higher Smile
leeleez
too expensive is all i can say
comsci18
it require so high performance computer
i hard to play and etc ....
but o like it
xorcist
I tried World of Warcraft once but I really do not think that it is the best game ever. I barely like it at all.
Xploder
did you see there was a report that the WoW servers might be infected with a virus which is causing loss of data.
pavelt
aethiops wrote:
It is diffently the best game ever.... keeps surprising me from time to time...!

will it work on DellOpiplex GX 110: CPU PIII 667 Gz, 256 Mb memory and 3Gb free disk space?
Icyfenix
pavelt wrote:
aethiops wrote:

will it work on DellOpiplex GX 110: CPU PIII 667 Gz, 256 Mb memory and 3Gb free disk space?

no. you have to have 800 mz, 256 ram, 32 mb 3d graphics card (thats 32 mb on your memory card) 4 gigs of space, a 4X cd rom and a connection that's 56k or higher (broadband reccomended if you don't want to go INSANE)
Dark_Jedi06
MMORPG's frighten me...they suck you in and you never stop playing them. Razz Even though I have a dislike of MMO's, WoW is definatley a well made game and deserves recognition. Smile
caaltt
As I've said before...

Eventhough you HAVE to pay subscription fees, this game is one of the best multiplayer games and THE best MMORPG to date.

The only beef I have with it is...if we're required to pay such a high subscription then why not ensure the lag problem is taken care of!? I mean with 1 - 2 million registered users and $15 - $30 million US a MONTH, you would think this problem would be overcome by now.

I mean....I have a broadband connection, not the fastest mind you, but highspeed nevertheless and I get lag ALL the time. Not to mention in populated areas where it can get rediculous at times.

Considering all the above I find they could drop the subscription a little seeing as we're not always getting what we're paying for and they are certainly getting enough to cover the expense!

Other than that, it's my current favourite game!!!...and I just this week got a warhorse for my Paladin Laughing
No more running on foot for me Exclamation
skynet
yeah, i played this game last 2 months..... it's a nice game.. but i like more lineage Smile
rohitchopra
im a once of the greatest wow fans, been playing this since the early beta release. anyone interested in joining me in the adventures may buzz solrak in the greymane realm (US)

have fun!
outsyinsy
It's expensive, and maybe except for the lag problem in the highly populated cities (Ironforge, Orgrimmar, etc.), I like to think playing the game is worth it.

What's great about this game is that you can play at your own pace, unlike other MMORPGS (as far as I know, at least). Players who have not logged on for a long time get bonus experience when they log back in, giving them enough opportunity to catch up to those who play all the time.

It works for me, because I can't play for more than four hours straight (unlike my brother, who plays practically all day).

Oh yeah, I've read about the virus. Even saw some screenshots. One player was standing in the auction house surrounded by skeletons. Lol.
michaelmaloney
althalus wrote:
Thug wrote:
windval wrote:

It is true that WoW is online only, but "regular" Warcraft (1-3) is not limited to single player, but can be played over battle.net or in a lan.. The biggest difference I guess is that instead of being in charge of the entire army, you - as your character - are instead a part of it.

You can read more about the "plague" that hit WoW here.

And finally, there are other WoW-related threads.. Please do a search before posting new threads. Smile

BTW - The Biggest difference is:

Warcraft (1-3) = RPG
World of Warcraft = MMORPG www.mmorpg.com

As spoken about in Althalus's post link about the "plague" above.
Jamatu
So many world of warcraft threads... there should be a sticky!!!
wowz
Yay! WoW!

I just made a post expressing such interests. teehee

For anyone else reading in here, when I get my site up and running, it's a great place to find info on profession trainers and the like. Everything you wanted to know but couldn't find about professions Laughing

Feel free to message me with suggestions. It should be up soon. I've almost got enough points, lol.

I've got the names and locations of all profession trainers for horde, alliance and neutral, as well as who does what, tips, tricks, and mods. So feel free to drop by! I'll post it in the site advertisements once it's up.
Kestrel
Icyfenix wrote:
pavelt wrote:
aethiops wrote:

no. you have to have 800 mz, 256 ram, 32 mb 3d graphics card (thats 32 mb on your memory card) 4 gigs of space, a 4X cd rom and a connection that's 56k or higher (broadband reccomended if you don't want to go INSANE)

Even that isn't enough. Especially if you're in Ironforge or Orgrimmar. My specs on my new computer are as follows:

3.4 ghz intel processor
256 MB ATI Video Card
250 GB Hard Drive
2 GB RAM

Even with this computer I get lag in IF and Org. And don't say it's my connection... it's not.

Anyway, yes, WoW is a very good game. I play a Nelf Rogue on Shadow Council. It's my only level 60 and I've been playing since day 1. But I have a ton of alts. Embarassed
mele
Sorry to the one, but I detest WoW, that game has more dawnfalls then economy in the great derpession. I just hate it, played it for 5 months, and last 3 I spent hoping they would improve.
glennesau
I playes the game once. didn't really get hooked the first time playing it, however the next few times I couldn't get away. Yep deffinatly addicting.
moncader
They are constantly working on the lag problem, and it's a heck of a lot better than it used to be. The problem is that its just too overcroweded. Your computer is trying to load hundreds or characters at any one time. No computer can through that much into ram that quickly yet. The only way to solve it (and blizzard has done this to some extent) is to make things load not all at once, maybe 5 chars per second or something. But, they can't do it so much so that the lag would totally go away, or else you would never be able to select or see everyone, which would just suck.
GranMastah
WOW is the great game. I'm not into Real Time Srategies, but I must admit this one. It is really excellent, playable and good. Interesting scenarios, and a lot of land to explore and conquer. There are also few bones that were hard for me to go through.
bkatz
Freakin awesome game..i play on RP servers to get away from all the "|_|b3r 1337 |<1DZ!!11one"
H3LL5P4WN
Thug wrote:
I heard a virus broke out in the WoW world called - Corrupted Blood
If u dont got a high power level dont go to this city - Zul'Gurub becus there the virus came from but everybody gets infected who comes near a person who is infected with that deciece so many people have died as my understanding.

Pz

The Plague was the neatest thing ever to hit WoW.

Toons:
Graves - 60 Undead Warrior, Arm/Fury "Dual Wield" Spec.
Danzyg - 30 Undead Warlock, specced somewhat.
Only - 20 Undead Rogue, not specced.

Death to the Alliance.