FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Simple ATX connector plate question

Freezon
Hey guys. I am just installing my new components to a new case and I've never bought a new case until now so I have no idea... but what do I do with the metal slints on the ATX connector plate?

Here is a picture of a connector plate:

As you can see the little metal slints. I read through my tower and even motherboard manual and it doesn't say and also looking online.

I know this is a silly question but again I've never installed anything into a new case before.

Do I just push the motherboard through them so that they show on the opposite site or do I bend them back into the tower, or what?

Thanks again Frih.
noah
Just push them through. If you have to break them off.
the zephyrus
Doesn't everything fit in around them? It seems those are right between where the holes need to be, and are to support the thing. Try putting the board against it and see what happens.
noah
the zephyrus wrote:
Doesn't everything fit in around them? It seems those are right between where the holes need to be, and are to support the thing. Try putting the board against it and see what happens.

This is correct, however, I've broken one or two of those little flanges off to make it fit better. Usually you can just bend them a little. But you're right, it should fit correctly.