FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why are torrents prohibited

logicfail182
A few weeks ago, I used a public torrent to share my personal video of a play I was in. All the music was created by the director, and I had permission to share the video. I also know a guy who has shared his tweaked ubuntu release me and others via torrent.

Why can't we share legal torrent files?
Vrythramax
For a number of reasons. Not the least of which is that we have no way of knowing if the files are legal or not. That combined with the fact that the Owner of Frihost doesn't want them is more than enough reason. This is still a FREE host after all.
logicfail182
so it's prohibited because bondings says so. ok, but if I have a copyrighted image/video, there's no immediate way of knowing either
cr3ativ3
logicfail182 wrote:
so it's prohibited because bondings says so. ok, but if I have a copyrighted image/video, there's no immediate way of knowing either

Good point, but for the most part Torrents are mostly used for pirating or other illegal activites. They attract too much attention.

Torrents do have their good side, for instance with free software like the fedora project. Sometimes their mirrors are extremely slow, and a Torrent is gonna be alot faster to download via at times.
Vrythramax
Bottom line is that torrents are not allowed here. there are many other hosts in the world that do allow them however, and I am going to close this thread before people start posting links to them.

-closed-