FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

worst trip to germany EVER

GodsGrasp
ok so all my life I have dreamed of traveling to europe. I finally had the chance to go with some members of my ski team. So we take a flight (6 hour delayed) to Munich, then a smaller flight from there to Kassel. We arive there at 2am and from there we rent a car, and start to drive to the hotel... snowing hard as hell we couldnt see anything. after about 2 hours in the car, we get stuck. WE HAD TO STAY IN THE CAR FOR 2 DAYS until the snow storm stopped and we could get help. I was going mad. for the remaining week we were there, i was sick as hell.

Worst TRIP EVER. Crying or Very sad
TomS
Lol. When did that happen?
The last massive snowstorm was winter 05/06.
And what about Kassel? I thought you wanted to ski?
GodsGrasp
this happened about 6 - 7 years ago. and we stayed a couple of hours north of kassel
jabce85
yeap.. that sounds pretty bad
programitv
This sounds really really scary. It happened to me once to remain for 11 hours in the streeet because the bus got broken, and it was Saturday night turning Sunday, in Macedonia.. so none would come to fix the bus. We ran out of water and food, so.. at some point we had to share with other people in the bus Smile).. but it is by far not as bad as your story.
Cheers
mikeperhem1
Oh...It sounds really sad. Trip should be safe.
DarkTexas
Oh my god,
well iam from Germany, and I can tell you, Days in a car? in Germany? we have the quickest-Services in Germany (emergency, etc) lol. No need for that :'D.
But ok... well.. hope u like Germany. lol
kaysch
Haha, digging up old posts. He wrote this in 2009 and mentioned it happened to him 6-7 years ago. So that was in 2002/03. Only that that winter was pretty mild.
I think he was referring to the winter of 2005/06 where there was a lot of snow. See some pictures here:
http://www.retriever.de/Katastrophenalarm.htm