FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help with the project.

binsmyth
Ok I am an IT student studying for diploma in IT. This is our last stage and we are going to do a project. It is a software project in which we are going to use the php to make up a program or software and we are going to do it as they would do in real world producing different documents for the project. My question is how do you make a glossary for an entire project. I have been assigned to make up a glossary for the project and this is in the first stage of the development stage I don't know how to start?
ocalhoun
binsmyth wrote:
My question is how do you make a glossary for an entire project. I have been assigned to make up a glossary for the project and this is in the first stage of the development stage I don't know how to start?

Didn't they teach you that in the class? Rolling Eyes
1: Look it up in the text book.
2: Ask classmates.
3: Ask the teacher.
Veteran
WE'RE TRYING TO FINISH IT, IF WE COULD ONLY GET THIS SPACE THEN IT WOULD REALLY MAKE IT HAPPEN FOR US. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Voodoocat
Since a glossary is a list of terms and their definitions, why not start by making a list of terms and their definitions Shocked
Bikerman
binsmyth wrote:
Ok I am an IT student studying for diploma in IT. This is our last stage and we are going to do a project. It is a software project in which we are going to use the php to make up a program or software and we are going to do it as they would do in real world producing different documents for the project. My question is how do you make a glossary for an entire project. I have been assigned to make up a glossary for the project and this is in the first stage of the development stage I don't know how to start?

A glossary is simply a definition of the terms used during the write-up of the project. Basically the glossary should contain an alphabetic listing of non-standard terms or terms which the intended reader would not be expected to know.
You would not create a glossary for the programming parts of the project - there you should have user-guide/technical manuals in which a glossary might appear.
Denvis
Quote:
My question is how do you make a glossary for an entire project. I have been assigned to make up a glossary for the project and this is in the first stage of the development stage I don't know how to start?

How hard can it be to make a glossary? It's just a set of words with definitions attached to it. Find a few IT terminologies and give each of them a definition. Go ask your teacher, peers and maybe flick out that good ol' text book and bloody get some words, that might just, JUST be the best option. Rolling Eyes
slashnburn99
try here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary
bukaida
Find a standard text book based on the technology you have used in the project. You can find almost everything you need for your project's glossary in the book's glossary.
ujjawall
i am student of bca i maked many types of project in life . but i maked 1 fantastic project when i study in class 8 name of project which i maked in class ( after blenhiem ) this is wrote by robert southey. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing