FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Randon or with purpose

yagnyavalkya
Is everything in this Universe Random or is there a purpose?
ocalhoun
Why can't it be both?
joe_042293
It's neither. Conditions at the beginning of the universe directly influence all things occuring now. The synapses in your brain making connections and sending electrical signals and such, they're all doing so in a calculable fashion: if we knew the conditions at the beginning of the universe, and had a suitably huge computer, we could calculate the future.

Or so the hypothesis goes.
_AVG_
Do you really believe that we being here is a chance? Do you really think that the earth's formation was down to chance?

We just don't know the reason for it. As Einstein once said [at least I think he did, correct me if I'm wrong], the probability of us coming into existence is as much as the probability of throwing the parts of a machine up into the air and them falling back down in exact position such that the machine is made perfectly. Think about it. I believe that we are definitely here for a reason.

There is no such thing as random ...
tchaunt
I think random occurrences do exist to a degree, but I think every single thing is based off of the creation--whether it be the big bang or a spiritual deity. What I'm talking about is this: the pattern of rain drops, snow flakes, hail, etc. falling is completely random. Though, if the big bang--or whatever--hadn't occurred, neither would the rain drops, hail, or snow flakes. Things can be random, but I do believe a lot of things happen for a purpose.
diabolical
There is no "creator" everything is a fluke
Voodoocat
diabolical:
Quote:
There is no "creator" everything is a fluke

You mean that this is all there is?Crying or Very sad