FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Conservatism in India and TV shows

raaeft1
In India, society is still conservative even though many people, especially those who have money, do adopt permissiveness and also permit the same in their families.
Currently, controversy is raging over TV shows which depict or ask prodding questions regarding sex.
It is said that people cannot watch these shows in the presence of children or teenagers because of the negative influence these may have on their minds. Moreover, some of these shows are downright vulgar, it is felt.

I feel that there should be a balance between the two approaches. A little bit of permissiveness might be ok in the right context.
Vrythramax
What exactly are you trying to get across here? Are you seeking comments? Attempting to start a discussion?

Question Question Question
ankitdatashn
raaeft1 wrote:
In India, society is still conservative even though many people, especially those who have money, do adopt permissiveness and also permit the same in their families.
Currently, controversy is raging over TV shows which depict or ask prodding questions regarding sex.
It is said that people cannot watch these shows in the presence of children or teenagers because of the negative influence these may have on their minds. Moreover, some of these shows are downright vulgar, it is felt.

I feel that there should be a balance between the two approaches. A little bit of permissiveness might be ok in the right context.

Well I guess you must be taling about "sach ka saamna" or the english varient "moment of truth"

To tell to the people present over here or rather to simplyfy the thread creator's quandary I would like to explain to them, This guy is asking about a programme in which a participant is asked 50 questions out of which 21 are aired on the show. The questions are about the participants life which are to be answered with a true or false. The answers are crossed checked using a lie detector which is based on the heart beat, blood pressure, etc of the participant.

Now what this guy asks is whether these types of shows be allowed or not as people think it creates much troubles in people's life also promotes vulgarity by the kind of questions asked.

Now... after giving out that much my view is that truth is harsh, we take only negative side of it not the positive, if some soothing positive fact is yielded it will help make the bonds stronger.
Vrythramax
Taking that into consideration this thread is moved to Movies and Television.