FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

manually updating awstats: slow

gonzo
is it just me or does it take a while to process the "update now" request from the Awstat's main page? I took about two minutes before my stats updated. And it had been more than three weeks since they were updated. I can understand you not cron'ing updates daily or weekly to reduce server load, however.
Sunny
gonzo wrote:
is it just me or does it take a while to process the "update now" request from the Awstat's main page? I took about two minutes before my stats updated. And it had been more than three weeks since they were updated. I can understand you not cron'ing updates daily or weekly to reduce server load, however.

Answer lies in your question..."more than three weeks since they were updated". and Yes it takes time for us too.(JUST 2 mins) reason being it produces such vast and detailed stats.
gonzo
Sunny wrote:

Answer lies in your question..."more than three weeks since they were updated".
No it doesn't Shocked

Quote:
(JUST 2 mins)

hmmmm cuz on another host it's mere seconds, and the other host gets 20 fold the traffic.
Bondings
gonzo wrote:

2 minutes is nothing compared to this website, lol(rather half an hour/hour I guess). Stats are taking a lot of cpu and take a long time to load. That's why I didn't make it load defaultly.

However, in "stats configuration" in cpanel you can make it update every day by selecting awstats.
Sunny
gonzo wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Answer lies in your question..."more than three weeks since they were updated".
No it doesn't Shocked

Update it again and see how much times it takes now.

Quote:
(JUST 2 mins)

hmmmm cuz on another host it's mere seconds, and the other host gets 20 fold the traffic.

I ain't see many hosts where awstats are not updating automatically. But I won't ask which 1 you are talking about. It's just common sense that it will make more time to sort out stats for lets say 30 days as compared to 1 day
yjwong
Yay! I didn't update it for one month and now I need to wait 5 minutes!