FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spore Galactic Adventures

Starrfoxx
I've been playing around quite a bit with this new expansion for Spore, and I must say they did a very good job. I haven't found any troubling bugs that others have (at least, not yet), and the adventure creator can just suck hours of time away from you if you're into making custom adventure games. It adds a lot of fun and variety to Spore, and it's nice to go back into "creature mode" again.

My guess is that the next expansion (not parts pack) will be another Adventure creator, but will be based on the Civilization Mode. If they can detail that mode a lot more, and then let you go back to it in the Space Phase in the form of new adventures, then that would simply be awesome. It would be great to take control of vehicles, fight civil wars on alien planets, and much more.
Xaferrow
i haven't played the expansion yet, ,

but, they did a great job with original Spore. I like the concept. And there are no Bug Smile

great job, EA!
Fatality
I got bored with the original very quickly. The demo I watched online and the actual game are completely different. I expected there to be more ability to customize the character. I also expected more from the different phases. All of them are too easy and fast. I got to space age fairly quick and got tired of the game. I let my little brothers play it from time to time, but otherwise a waste of money I thought.

The expansion look decent, but I'm not compelled to buy it in anyway.
Xaferrow
Fatality wrote:
I got bored with the original very quickly. The demo I watched online and the actual game are completely different. I expected there to be more ability to customize the character. I also expected more from the different phases. All of them are too easy and fast. I got to space age fairly quick and got tired of the game. I let my little brothers play it from time to time, but otherwise a waste of money I thought.

The expansion look decent, but I'm not compelled to buy it in anyway.

well, i must admit that the game was too easy. (although you choose "Hard" as your difficulty). But i like the idea
foreverdestiny
Cell and creature stage was amazing!, truly unique. However after those first two stages it all started getting boring :/.
Starrfoxx
I get bored from time to time on Spore, which is why I'll just play a little here and there. There have been times where I'll be in space mode, and I'll play for a few hours.

I wonder if there will be another expansion and what it will be.
Starrfoxx
It's been awhile since this game has come out, and I was wondering who out there is still playing this game with the expansion. Do you have any recommendations for adventures to download for the game?
amperx
download the mods!!!, and yeah this game is pretty much very pirated in all forms so you can easily access it somewhere ;D, but its really a great game too, very good to kill time and a few laughs Very Happy
Starrfoxx
The unfortunate side effect of the pirated version is that you can't get access to the Sporepedia to download creatures, buildings, or even adventures. Yes, there are sites out there where you can manually download this stuff. For adventures, it is really difficult. You'll need to edit the adventure and save it as your own in order to play it. But then, you only get 10 or 20 points for completing the adventure, and it isn't integrated in the space phase of the game.

Quite honestly, if you're going to play then pick up a legal version. It'll be more fun, because you can download some really good content made by others and fill out your game. Granted, there is a lot of garbage on Sporepedia too. But once you find an author that puts out quality stuff, you can "buddy" him/her and go from there to find others with quality content too. There are some fantastic creations on Sporepedia!