FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Twitter

Tony The Tiger
I have begun to use twitter regularly. I am trying to determine my followers. If I have 70 followers, why can I only see about 30 of them listed when I click on my followers link. Is there a way to hide yourself so that people can not see who you are when you follow them or is there another explanation for these hidden followers?
RiCtee
Only way you can "hide" yourself is you can block the follower(s) so they won't be able to follow you and you can't see their updates. Also you can make your profile private so people have to request to follow you / see your updates.
Tony The Tiger
RiCtee wrote:
Only way you can "hide" yourself is you can block the follower(s) so they won't be able to follow you and you can't see their updates. Also you can make your profile private so people have to request to follow you / see your updates.

I don't think either of these is what is going on in my situation. I believe that people who are following me are hiding themselves so that when I hit my followers button, I can't see them. However, I have not had any problem following any of the people that I have tried to follow. If you make your profile private, when you follow someone do you appear in their followers list?
Tony The Tiger
Now someone who I think is folloiwng me has direct messaged me. However, when I click on the return message link in the email, I get an error saying that this return message could not be posted because the recipient is not currently following me. He seems to be getting my tweets when I send a message using the @ function. What are the problems and/or possibilities.
Tony The Tiger
Now I can see the person again on my list of followers. Is it possible for something to cause a follower to be hidden for a time and then to reappear. I.E., are their glitches in the follower system. Alternatively, is it common for a person to follow you for a few days then remove you from their list of people they are following and then readd you to their list. I think either a glitch or a techological feature that allows you to remain hidden when you want to be is more likely than an intermittent follower. I have not been doing twitter for very long so I may be wrong. Does anyone have an opinion or any real knowledge on this curious matter?