FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oh I almost forgot

kcblondy
My other suggestion was cooking. I did not see a section for tips and maybe recipes on cooking. That woulld be cool. You could chat about how you burned your toast that morning and what not to do.

So my suggestion is cooking section. (If not already have one and I just can't see it)
deanhills
This is a good idea. It will definitely generate more postings. I would be interested in this forum.
Ghost Rider103
The Health and Beauty forum is for discussions about food as well.

This has been mentioned before about creating a forum about food and cooking. But I am not so sure that this community really needs one. I don't see very many people discussing about food in the General Chat section.

I doubt this would happen anyways. I suggest just keeping topics about food in the Health and Beauty section.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

This has been mentioned before about creating a forum about food and cooking. But I am not so sure that this community really needs one. I don't see very many people discussing about food in the General Chat section.

I doubt this would happen anyways. I suggest just keeping topics about food in the Health and Beauty section.
Cooking is different from health and beauty. It also does not fit in with Chat. I think if it should stand on its own that it would generate postings. Could be interesting to discuss food ideas from different countries in the world.
truespeed
deanhills wrote:
Could be interesting to discuss food ideas from different countries in the world.

Perhaps they could include it in the description for travel and countries.
Ghost Rider103
deanhills wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Cooking is different from health and beauty. It also does not fit in with Chat. I think if it should stand on its own that it would generate postings. Could be interesting to discuss food ideas from different countries in the world.

How does cooking not fit in with Chat? I am assuming by 'chat' you mean General Chat section.

The General Chat section is for every topic that does not have it's own category. So if you think it does not fit in the Health section, then it does fit in the General Chat section just fine.

The Health section can very well have a lot to do with cooking. For example, cooking a type of sauce with either sugar, or Splenda. Splenda is a sugar replacement. It taste just like sugar, however it will not raise your blood sugar level. This is critical information if you are a diabetic. Too much sugar while being a diabetic, and you'll end up in a coma or dead.

So some sorts of topics based on cooking can very well have a lot to do with ones health.

I think we could modify the health section to fit cooking into the title, and define it a bit more in the description.

For example, "Health, Food, and Beauty".
rvec
Quote:
Health and Beauty - Pretty broad forum ranging from food, medical issues (health) to cosmetics and fitness (beauty).
Looks clear enough to me.
deanhills
rvec wrote:
Quote:
Health and Beauty - Pretty broad forum ranging from food, medical issues (health) to cosmetics and fitness (beauty).
Maybe the forum should be renamed along the lines of "Health, beauty, nutrition and food". Anyway, now we at least know we can use this forum for posting about cooking and recipes Smile
adri
Let me quote Bonding from this topic "Things that you MUST not SUGGEST -- READ BEFORE POSTING!":

Bondings wrote:
1) Adding subforums to this forum.

Adri Smile
ocalhoun
adri wrote:

Bondings wrote:

Adri Smile

That means something else entirely... adding new forums is acceptable.
Subforums are forums within the sections available, which are not compatable with the points system... It'll be interesting to see how large Frihost can get before being forced into that though.

Usually, though, the indicator that we need a new forum is that there are a lot of topics about something in general chat, or in a section where they don't fit.
(That's how the politics forum got started, there were too many all-politics-no-news topics in the world news section.)

If I saw lots of people posting about cooking somewhere, crowding out a given forum's real purpose, I'd support this, but I don't see the need for it right now.
rvec
adri wrote:
Let me quote Bonding from this topic "Things that you MUST not SUGGEST -- READ BEFORE POSTING!":

Bondings wrote:

Adri Smile

Let me quote Bondings from this topic Frihost Forum Rules:
Bondings wrote:
Back-seat moderating is not allowed. If you witness someone break a rule or you think (s)he did, please report the post or user.
Do not reply to the offending post or topic and attempt to handle the situation yourself. If you attempt to handle the situation yourself, a warning might be given.

Wink
Vrythramax
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

This is because the Moderation Staff usually moves the topics to health and beauty as soon as we see them.

deanhills wrote:
Cooking is different from health and beauty. It also does not fit in with Chat. I think if it should stand on its own that it would generate postings.

Cooking and Food in general do belong in a Health section...seems food in any aspect is a healthy thing for humans to talk about...and eat. Only Bondings can say for sure, but I am sure the thought of a Food topic was considered, and I am sure, and also as everyone who knows Bondings at all, if he finds that there is a real community interest in a particular topic he won't hesitate to create a forum for it. So far I haven't seem the kind of interest that would warrent a topic dedicated to just food...that wouldn't just illicit spam (no food pun intended) postings along the lines of "I burned my toast this morning....what do I do now?", or similar such threads.

rvec wrote:
Quote:

Looks very clear to me as well.
James007
rvec wrote:
adri wrote:

Bondings wrote:

Adri Smile

Let me quote Bondings from this topic Frihost Forum Rules:
Bondings wrote:
Back-seat moderating is not allowed. If you witness someone break a rule or you think (s)he did, please report the post or user.
Do not reply to the offending post or topic and attempt to handle the situation yourself. If you attempt to handle the situation yourself, a warning might be given.

Wink

Let me quote myself for a minute, I like doing that:

Quote:
Moderators should not be a smart-ass if people make a remark and in stead should just say "what he said" to save time. Ha!

Wink

Now, wouldn't you think it would generate a lot of copy/paste replies? People pasting recipes and such?
Ghost Rider103
James007 wrote:
Now, wouldn't you think it would generate a lot of copy/paste replies? People pasting recipes and such?

Possibly, though I have been on a few weight lifting forums that have a recipe forum. The recipe forum is for people who have come up with their own recipes that taste good, yet are still extremely healthy.

It is actually quite an interesting forum, especially if you are the type of person who tries to stay away from the junk food. A lot of times if you are one of those people, you will want something sweet, however you will not want anything to do with junk. I myself have been in this same situation, and found their recipe forum extremely useful in that type of a situation.

I am not saying there will be many cases like that here at Frihost, I actually doubt that most of the people here at Frihost really care about their diet. I know of a few who do, but I am doubting that there is a big portion of us.

I think the forum could go both ways, good or bad. Just depends on if the moderation of that forum could stay on high.
James007
Frihost Watchers? Cool Strangely enough I like the idea. Bondings would be like the male Martha Steward then.
deanhills
James007 wrote:
Frihost Watchers? Cool Strangely enough I like the idea. Bondings would be like the male Martha Steward then.
Laughing Laughing Laughing This is a good one ....

@ghostrider: regarding cooking in Chat, no, I meant cooking in health and beauty. One can get healthy cooking perhaps, but I doubt that is what has been suggested. For example under cooking you would get pots and pans, stoves, burgers, fries, etc. All you need to do is look at a book on cooking, it is generally also in a different section in a Bookshop than Health and Beauty, unless it is cooking that has to do with health and beauty.

But I have to agree with a comment in one of your earlier postings, as well as with Max, there has not been that many postings about food and cooking perhaps to justify a forum, although who knows, if it is created, it may get people to start posting more on the topic. I remember that Solon posted a very good recipe for burgers at one stage when we were discussing meat, I can't remember where, and that was great, but sounded really of the kind that I would not be able to see health fundus recommend for eating. Smile
Vrythramax
James007 wrote:

Bondings the male Martha Stewart?!? Now there a mental picture I just didn't need! Silenced