FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Holiday mode or "summer break"

steve1200
Hey guys!
On my space runs a chat, for a community of a browser game, so it's important for me, that I have my space all the time.

But, in the summer months (July and August) I'm mostly not at home, and if I have the chance to get internet, it's allways vera short, and no time, to post some answers to earn some points.

So my suggestion / question ist, could we develop something like a "holiday mode" where no points were taken? It could be something like: "One Week for 50$ or, 100$". There could be also a limit, for maximum 5 Weeks for example.

Another solution would be, that the daily subtraction is lower than 1 point per day. Possibly the half.

Or, both could be combined. That it is possible to buy the "low point subtraction" for a week, or a month...

Your opinions?

cheers,
Steve
Hogwarts
Suggested before, and I can't see any reason why the previous decision will have changed Sad

Given, however, you have something like 56 days before your points hit -10 if you've posted to the point which you're above 45 points-- so you really shouldn't have any problems anyway. I mean, that's eight weeks! Shocked
sonam
Quote:
So my suggestion / question ist, could we develop something like a "holiday mode" where no points were taken? It could be something like: "One Week for 50$ or, 100$". There could be also a limit, for maximum 5 Weeks for example.

I don't support this idea. Some people have more time on holiday and can post more good posts then they are going on the work or school. In that case they can ask for same rules in September or at New Year. Like Hogwarts wrote, few good posts can keep your points in positive and save your hosting.

Sonam
Vrythramax
Frihost gives you more than enough time to catch up if you have been away for a while. We don't just run over and close your account when you get a little behind on your points. If you believe your going to be gone for an extended amount of time, just let a staff member know about it.

You should be fine.
deanhills
Could there be a benefit for having a special forum where people can post their "holiday messages" for extended periods of longer than 2 months? It could possibly be listed under Frihost Support as "Extended Vacation Notices"?
rvec
You can request in this forum:http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-7.html
or pm a mod/admin.

If you've been a poster for a while and have always had a positive amount of points you probably won't lose your hosting before -50, so that'd give you (45+50)/7 = 15.6 weeks.
deanhills
rvec wrote:
You can request in this forum:http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-7.html
or pm a mod/admin.

If you've been a poster for a while and have always had a positive amount of points you probably won't lose your hosting before -50, so that'd give you (45+50)/7 = 15.6 weeks.
I guess a PM has to be the best option. Good to know and thanks for the link. Smile
rvec
An admin or mod might be gone or miss the pm. If you post it in that forum you can be sure at least one admin or mod will look at it.
James007
We can always make a moderation note on your profile (if we are in a good mood).
deanhills
Thanks for the tips, although I doubt I really need it. Internet seems to be available everywhere, and I like to explore quaint internet cafes when I'm on my hols. Fun to see how the postings go on different machines. The last time I did that was in Feb, when there was an enormous snow fall in Guernsey St. Peter Port. They had one of those automatic Internet machines, with funny built-in key board, and no heating in the room, so that one was quite a memorable experience as well as new discovery. Some of them are also fun ... I can probably write an article about it .... I also have to agree with earlier postings that we really get a very generous number of points before we are seriously in the red, so perhaps this is not that much of a biggie at all. But if it should happen that I get to being an invalid or something without access to a keyboard, will search for rvec's link to the forum.
Vrythramax
James007 wrote:
We can always make a moderation note on your profile (if we are in a good mood).

Mean Team Members are never in a "Good Mood". Twisted Evil
Raidation
Vrythramax wrote:
James007 wrote:

I agree. Twisted Evil
Your avatar supports that.
Twisted Evil

No. There shouldn't be. What if you turned on holiday mode just not to lose points, not because you're on holiday?
Vrythramax
Raidation wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

I agree. Twisted Evil
Your avatar supports that.
Twisted Evil

No. There shouldn't be. What if you turned on holiday mode just not to lose points, not because you're on holiday?

A very good point. It could be easily abused.

Just a note about my avatar, when I joined Frihost my hosting was/is on server 2 which was DirectAdmin, and that server doesn't offer cPanel. Fantastico's icon is the smiley face, so it signifies that I don't have Fantastico (which is on server 1). Ironically, it also symbolizes that I'm mean. Twisted Evil
steve1200
Ok, so I had to read a lot, since my last log in, a week ago. And thanks for your answers!

Ok, so now I have -12 points, and on monday I will go on my second holiday. After that one, I'm convinced that I will have the time to earn some points.

I would prefer a holiday mode, but yeah, there are these problems with "turning the mode on, while not on holiday" etc. but is this really such a big problem? I think it's not. Think a little bit in reality. People also take there "free days" even if the go not on holiday. Isn't it?

cheers,
Stephan