FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Parking

ravikanth
Hello,
I have just started domaining. Have got a few domains- 10 to be specific. Can you suggest some good parking companies to start with? Parked.com says it cannot accept domains which are not atleast 6 months old. I have come across this company called noomle. Anybody used it around here? Please suggest something.

Ravikanth
TVme
Try Go Daddy https://www.godaddy.com/ it looks pretty cheap and it's been around awhile... I park at Yahoo and the rates go up every year. I can't recommend them.
ravikanth
Hello,
How is your experience with domaining? Any use? Do we make money out of it?

Ravikanth
sigT
ravikanth wrote:
Hello,
I have just started domaining. Have got a few domains- 10 to be specific. Can you suggest some good parking companies to start with? Parked.com says it cannot accept domains which are not atleast 6 months old. I have come across this company called noomle. Anybody used it around here? Please suggest something.

Ravikanth

I considered parking at http://www.freeparking.co.uk, however, my domain that I need to park is several days old, and the registrar wouldn't release it until it is 60 days old. So, I haven't tried. Although it may work in your case. The prices are at least 2 times lower that with my present registrar.
deanhills
This is the first time I've heard about parking a domain. What does it mean? Is it more than just hosting the domain?
sigT
deanhills wrote:
This is the first time I've heard about parking a domain. What does it mean? Is it more than just hosting the domain?

Quote from freeparking.co.uk: <<No other domain name registration and parking service allows you the flexibility and control over your domain names. You can amend any of your freeparking domain names at any time, you can change name servers, web hosting ip addresses, change contact details, even change the owner of the domain name. All this is under your control from easy to use online forms.>>

See also http://support.freeparking.co.uk/faq/index.asp?cate=8#7.
TVme
deanhills wrote :
Quote:

Parking is less than hosting a domain... it means you own the domain name and are doing nothing with it yet except "parking" it. Depending on the service parking it - you may be given an editable "place card" page with contact info - or the parking page may have a lot of related ads that benefit the parking service. You can also re-direct a domain name from the parked page to another of your active hosted domains. Hope this helps.

- TVme
ravikanth
You register a domain. Redirect it to relevant ads- depending on the name of the domain. Money is made when some one clicks on ads
bigt
TVme wrote:
Try Go Daddy https://www.godaddy.com/ it looks pretty cheap and it's been around awhile... I park at Yahoo and the rates go up every year. I can't recommend them.

Been hosting at Go Daddy for almost 9 months now. Cant say anything about parking, but it's pretty good for hosting (not that I've hosted that much either, hehe).
deanhills
TVme wrote:
deanhills wrote :
Quote:

Parking is less than hosting a domain... it means you own the domain name and are doing nothing with it yet except "parking" it. Depending on the service parking it - you may be given an editable "place card" page with contact info - or the parking page may have a lot of related ads that benefit the parking service. You can also re-direct a domain name from the parked page to another of your active hosted domains. Hope this helps.

- TVme
OK. Thanks for the explanation! I got it. So maybe Frihost would not like people to park domains, they would prefer people to have their own real Websites? From a common sense point of view? And yes, I can picture parking places scoring on "hits". Sort of a bubble industry of a new kind?
sigT
ravikanth wrote:
You register a domain. Redirect it to relevant ads- depending on the name of the domain. Money is made when some one clicks on ads

Then "parking" is a different thing compared to the service provided by freeparking.co.uk. They seem to be closer to domain registrars in that they do register a domain name but do not provide hosting. They are on the list of ICANN-accredited domain registrars: http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/accredited-list.html. That's how I found them.