FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I didn't realise...

Jack_Hammer
I didn't realise till a while ago that the forums doesn't cater for 800x600 screen resolution, (Again because I screwed up my computer) but it is really irritating when you have to scrolll back and forth from each end of the page when reading the forums, it would be great if you could change the source of the forums to allow for 800x600 screen res. thankyou for your time.

Jack.
sonam
I am absolutely agree with you! Rolling Eyes

Sonam
Bondings
If I would put a regular banner instead of the leaderboard on top (728-->468) would that improve it?
n0obie4life
Jack_Hammer wrote:
I didn't realise till a while ago that the forums doesn't cater for 800x600 screen resolution, (Again because I screwed up my computer) but it is really irritating when you have to scrolll back and forth from each end of the page when reading the forums, it would be great if you could change the source of the forums to allow for 800x600 screen res. thankyou for your time.

Jack.

It works for me on 640*480 even...what?!
blackant
hmm...thought everyone is on at least 1024x768 now...
Deji
not everyone... a lot of people using older computers / monitors run at 800x600, and website designs should be flexable.. you dont want to exclude people from your site just because they are running older hardware.

Bondings: you could always create a theme FriHost800 or something that moves things around a bit

ie. if

FRIHOST WEB HOSTING
HOME FORUMS FAQ TOS DIRECTORY
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups ProfileProfile You have no new messagesYou have no new messages Log out [ Deji ]Log out [ Deji ]
Was aligned left along with the google ads.

Use a thinner "Frihost" banner and place it above the ads so they are moved more to the left.

And the advert that goes to the side of the box where you type.. put it below it.

"should" all help the layout work properly for 800x600.. ok they might have to scroll up / down more but thats a lot nicer than scrolling left and right.
n0obie4life
But it works perfectly on my 640*480, 800*600, 1024*768 the same..

Can't see the differnce?
Jack_Hammer
n0obie, I don't know what the difference between the computers are but it's mozilla Firefox V 1.0.6 it could be the banner at the top I think it must be something stretching the screen.
Deji
Frihost forums viewed in 800x600 mode in firefox

Frihost forums viewed in 800x600 mode in IE

as you can see you need to scroll to see everything..
Bondings
I reduced the top chitika ad from a leaderboard to a normal banner. This should hopefully make the page smaller. (don't look at this thread to test because the pictures are stretching it.
Deji
works now just tested it in FF,

the forum index doesnt fit still but thats less of a problem compared to normal threads.. dont need to read all of the index but im sure it will be a lot better for users who just want to participte in the forums.
tidruG
OK I just tested it on 800x600 on IE... the Index is OK, the forum view is just perfect, but I opened a couple of threads without any images in them, and the horizontal scrollbar still needs to be used Sad
Jack_Hammer
Thanks for adjusting the screen resolution Bondings, it really helps specilly with me not being on my computer.