FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Good royalty-free images of people?

patasarriba
Hello everyone,

I want to create an online student community for my local two-year college. Students at my college are sometimes 18-year-olds fresh out of high school, sometimes 50-year-old professionals or housewives, sometimes military personell. I'd like to get some generic images of people that I could put in the header of my site. Does anyone know where I can get royalty-free, cost-free images that I won't get sued for using? Thanks! Sandra
GB
I like iStockphoto quite a bit and use them often. They're not as cheap as they used to be, but have fairly decent selection. Another good one that is less expensive is Fotolia. They are cheaper and still have pretty decent photos.

Good luck with your project!
TVme
Just about every photograph on wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page is free or free if you credit the owner. There are a gazillion photos and especially if it's for a school or a non revenue bearing website you won't hear from anyone. - Good luck with your project.
crossroads
A couple of my favorites are www.shutterstock.com and www.istockphoto.com They are both very nice websites, easy to navigate and find the images you are looking for. Some of the websites for images you have to register an account with which isnt a big deal, normally takes a minute at the most to do and then for the large or high detail images you some times have to pay for them but normally it is a very small price to pay for a nice image that can make a design or project perfect. Another easy way would just to be to google free stock images. You will come up with tons of sites providing images for you.

I hope this helps you out.
patasarriba
Thanks everyone! I've checked all these sites out and will let you all know if I ever actually finish the site....