FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Light Notebook from Toshiba

shenyl
I remember recently visiting one shop, offering a Toshiba Tough Book Notebook.

It is powerful enough for business use, and yet very light - using low voltage Intel processor.

Anyone knows of this notebook and care to share on your experience on it?

I am looking to replace my heavy notebook, as the backpack + notebook is giving me a fair bit of neck aches.

Thanks for all your responses. With regards.
aningbo
it depends on how much u r willing to spend on.

there are laptops light as feather with great battery backup but the price would be 5 times more than the actual pricing for the same configuration.

i dont know if its worth it.
shenyl
Thank you aningbo.

I found this out after visiting 3 different mega-computer store sites, and looking over the various options.

The lightest came from Sony with a P8600 processor, weighting 1.2 Kg with battery, but at a price tag of SGD 2,999 (about USD 1,900).

I finally settled for a 1.9 Kg Acer Travelmate for SGD 1,550 (About USD 900), and comes with 3 years warranty.

My shoulder will still have to bear a huge load, and I was adviced to drop all unneccesary items from my carrying pack, to reduce the weight rather than the performance. I buy that because the Acer Travelmate 6293 comes with a 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor and is fast for a notebook.

I decided not to buy Levono notebook (weighting 1.5 Kg at SGD 1,999) because it comes only with 160 GB harddisk.

So I have bought it, and now very busy installing my 200+ apps on the XP and Win7 partitions (multi-booting).

Thanks - light but not cheap, cheap but not light.

With best regards.
aningbo
shenyl wrote:
Thank you aningbo.

I found this out after visiting 3 different mega-computer store sites, and looking over the various options.

The lightest came from Sony with a P8600 processor, weighting 1.2 Kg with battery, but at a price tag of SGD 2,999 (about USD 1,900).

I finally settled for a 1.9 Kg Acer Travelmate for SGD 1,550 (About USD 900), and comes with 3 years warranty.

My shoulder will still have to bear a huge load, and I was adviced to drop all unneccesary items from my carrying pack, to reduce the weight rather than the performance. I buy that because the Acer Travelmate 6293 comes with a 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor and is fast for a notebook.

I decided not to buy Levono notebook (weighting 1.5 Kg at SGD 1,999) because it comes only with 160 GB harddisk.

So I have bought it, and now very busy installing my 200+ apps on the XP and Win7 partitions (multi-booting).

Thanks - light but not cheap, cheap but not light.

With best regards.

glad u bought it and having fun. m buying an apple macbook pro next week. it weights about 2kg.
shenyl
Thanks for the encouragement, but I am sure most of us will enjoy using something new.

I believe you too will enjoy setting up your new Macbook.

With best regards.

This Acer 6293 has not disappoint me so far.