FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone use Google Chrome?

hamza1122
Does anyone here besides me use google chrome. it'ls a really good app coz its fast and simple. that's y i use it but it doesn't have many options you can change which is a downside =[
noah
You're right. When I used it, I really missed the firefox plugins. Although, it was very simple and very fast! It is missing a lot of the plugins that I use everyday at home and work. If it supported firefox plugins then it'd be a killer browser. Have you tried opera yet? What'd you think?
_AVG_
I think that Google Chrome is indeed a good browser BUT ever since I installed it, my computer's other browsers have been somewhat malfunctioning. For instance, Firefox refuses to open and Internet Explorer refuses to respond.
Do you think that these events are related or it is a mere coincidence i.e. do you think that Google Chrome has anything to do with the other browsers' quirky behaviour?
apple
I use chrome cause I like it. I think it is faster and well, I am sorta google biased Embarassed
Vrythramax
Topic -moved- to Software Forum

I have mixed feelings about eve trying it actually. First I don't like for any software to want to install itself in the background...while I am online. That is kinda shady to me, because it asks for permissions to place files on your pc bypassing your firewall.

Second, this software is still beta...so your bound to have bugs in the software...that's why it's still beta.

I'll wait for a full version release I think.
Ghost Rider103
I do have it, however I still use Firefox more than anything.

The main reason I even have it is really just for browser testing to make sure the websites I do are compatible.

Though Chrome seems to display the exact same problems as FireFox has. I think they are based around the exact same platform. Which in my opinion is very good.

I think it's pretty clean looking too. I just am used to using FireFox, so I don't bother to switch.
rockacola
I use Google Chrome "Browser" on my netbooks.. it's good for non-development purpose surfing and there are plugins available on chrome now...

http://www.chromeplugins.org/
ps/ this is not official Chrome Plugin site, appearently there isn't one... :-/
Hogwarts
Vrythramax wrote:
Second, this software is still beta...so your bound to have bugs in the software...that's why it's still beta.

Chrome is probably the first Google-created thing I've known to come out of beta Wink
sondosia
I like Google Chrome a lot, but I can't stand to be away from my Firefox plugins.

Quote:
Vrythramax wrote:

Chrome is probably the first Google-created thing I've known to come out of beta Wink

Gmail just came out of beta. Finally. =)
arnaw_kumar
I use google chrome. It has got looks and features. But Firefox and Opera are anytime better.
aningbo
firefox beats the hell out of every browser. hopefully google chrome will come up with new features and better plugins.

its simple and very handy to use google chrome though. i still prefer friefox over any browser
deanhills
aningbo wrote:
firefox beats the hell out of every browser. hopefully google chrome will come up with new features and better plugins.

its simple and very handy to use google chrome though. i still prefer friefox over any browser
When I want to access Frihost, I seem to be able to get in easier with Explorer than with Firefox. I don't know why that is. For example, I would click on my Firefox link in the Address Line, and it would then not respond to it. I would then try Explorer, and it would respond instantly.
curtis5000
I will recomend google chrome for any internet surfer...it is kindda safer and faster...i have been using it for some months now and i found out that i am addicted to it.....am even thinking of how to uninstall internet explorer from my computer because i believe it is a was of memory if i keep retaining it on my computer....go for google chrome...it is the best and the beta is available now.
scallywag
My sis loves Chrome, but I've been pretty on the fence about it, I'm a fairly devout Firefox fan! After reading this thread though, I think I might download it, just to check it out for myself...
LostOverThere
The lack of a proper RSS Reader plugin is really what's bothering me most about Chrome. Hopefully Chrome will support full plugins sooner rather then later.
silverdown
I tried it , however it lacking alot of feature I want in a browser. So for now im stickin with firefox!
sanalskumar
Chrome has become very popular in a limited period of time. But it is considered as the most vulnerable browser. The very next day it released, so many bugs were reported. Its really fast and simple but not as safe as Firefox or Internet Explorer.
htmltesten
Chrome is fast and safty i used it as a sekond browser.
surdy
I have embraced almost all google products with great enthusiasm. Somehow Google chrome has been an exception. The google products with their very feel look so attractive to me but Chrome somehow did not appeal to me ...somehow its very look turned me off to it and i never tried it. Moreover I am too used to using firefox and a huge list of addons it offers.

So ended up never even trying it.
HalfBloodPrince
I love Chrome and I'm using the development build on my Mac machine. Firefox on my Ubuntu machine though, as the pre-release of the Mac version is a lot more stable than the Linux version (which crashes very, very often even though it's slated for the same release time as the Mac version). I also used Chrome exclusively when I was on Windows 7 (heh, I've used and moved on from an OS before it's been released) Very Happy
rajpk
yeah i used it Exclamation

it has many nice feature but still it can be improved
Smile
it is faster then IE.
google will improve it in near future hopefully.

google is competing MS in many fields.

Very Happy